Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obelisk tech to release Miner for Decred with the DCR1  (Read 3986 times)
sil2222 (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:26:03 AM

https://obelisk.tech/

HIGH PERFORMANCE ASIC MINERS FOR DECRED AND SIACOIN

Mine Decred with the DCR1 and Siacoin with the SC1. Presale is open until November 24 with a cap of 4,000 units each. Delivery by June 30, 2018.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:27:53 AM

So cool if they can deliver on their promises and deliver on time.

Hope this doesn't become like butterfly labs. Bitmain has been the reputable source and the only one I can trust.

As much as I would like to jump in on the obelisk, I see a bit of a risk with if their's delays, frustrations and questioning if it's more profitable to buy Decred at current cheap price instead of waiting half a year after price gone up and now ur mining at higher mining difficulties.

Maybe I'll just buy one and pray for the best b/c i like decred and being the first batch to mine can be profitable if all the stars align.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:39:47 AM

Bummed out....

you can only apply 1 coupon vs 1 unit

not worth it..holding what I have for units no more

guess the coupons are gonna just gonna fade ...with no use

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:10:45 AM

Hope this doesn't become like butterfly labs. Bitmain has been the reputable source and the only one I can trust.

As much as I would like to jump in on the obelisk, I see a bit of a risk with if their's delays, frustrations and questioning if it's more profitable to buy Decred at current cheap price instead of waiting half a year after price gone up and now ur mining at higher mining difficulties.

Maybe I'll just buy one and pray for the best b/c i like decred and being the first batch to mine can be profitable if all the stars align.

ya, it's kinda rough, they are honestly nothing but promises and more asking for money over and over here Sad no real tangible anything yet it seems Sad
the minebox? not delivered, nothing but words, their next ask after that for money for the SIA ASIC months ago? having trouble filling orders, NOW they are asking for MORE money for a DCR ASIC? pfft, not from me!
by the time this stuff comes online it will be obselete, ill put my faith in tim from zeropond having his dcr asic first as well even ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:33:35 AM

ya, it's kinda rough, they are honestly nothing but promises and more asking for money over and over here Sad no real tangible anything yet it seems Sad
the minebox? not delivered, nothing but words, their next ask after that for money for the SIA ASIC months ago? having trouble filling orders, NOW they are asking for MORE money for a DCR ASIC? pfft, not from me!
by the time this stuff comes online it will be obselete, ill put my faith in tim from zeropond having his dcr asic first as well even ;p

other thing is you can ONLY get this pre-sale (whatever that means) discord miner before NOV 24th was it? Same for the miner they have had out for a bit

I'm begining to think I may only get 'the lousey T-shirt' they sent to the 1 first week order i got

not inspiring a lot of confidence in their products

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:46:42 AM

im waiting until bitmain will make a asic for this algo.  they  also want part of the cake.  im pretty sure
bit247

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

bitcoin.org

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:54:07 AM

why peoples are not investing more to develop mining hardware, ASIC is too much centralized and they are doing what ever they want to do, too much overprice

BTCitcoin: 35DtMsEK1g1xVMKh4V7beAyguiU9qcHwtF  || ETH: Hacked Sad
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:51:08 AM

Seriously, With Obelisk reputation, 7 month time frame and BTC/ALT predicted bullish market in 2018.
Ya well fools are plenty in this world.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Branko

Activity: 2436
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:46:28 AM

Is it true that Wolf0 works for Obelisk? Maybe he can tell us more
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:54:41 AM

Maybe we will see similar scenario as We have in DASH, thanks to Bitmain... Embarrassed
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:12:46 PM

I'm on board for 1 SIA Obelisk and I'm considering 1 DCR Obelisk but I am unsure in this situation.

On the SIA Side, I believe the architecture has real purpose and that will eventually drive coin value.

On the DCR Side, I see more pump and dump coin and there are a ton of others out there. I am no DCR expert by any means but that's just what I see off the hip.

bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:54:03 PM

indeed. vaporware or utter failure...

Seriously, With Obelisk reputation, 7 month time frame and BTC/ALT predicted bullish market in 2018.
Ya well fools are plenty in this world.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:15:24 PM

I'm on board for 1 SIA Obelisk and I'm considering 1 DCR Obelisk but I am unsure in this situation.

On the SIA Side, I believe the architecture has real purpose and that will eventually drive coin value.

On the DCR Side, I see more pump and dump coin and there are a ton of others out there. I am no DCR expert by any means but that's just what I see off the hip.

Decred is a slow moving giant coin. I consider it in the league of Litecoin and Monero. Even Charlie Lee promotes it and Decred has reputable strong development.  Price is stable and rock solid, Never lost more than 50 percent of it's value generally. But it's prices have been lagging behind litecoin/monero.  I feel Asic development for Decred is what it needs really to build a strong support trend to it's value,  Think of those that got the litecoin miners early,  They faired off well and litecoin support trend value became stronger.

But due to the potential risk i think it's just easier to buy the coin now anytime it's in between $25-$30.   Next year Decred might be $60 and your mining at higher difficulties earning less coins and would have been better off buying some now.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:01:31 PM

Ive been watching this sia coin miner from obelisk awhile back. Even with their bullsht payment terms. But has since been changed i believe.
But this new decred asic miner is new information to me,  and sounds interesting..
Yes the presale shipping date is a long stretch. Also shame they dont have a working prototype or full spec details yet.
Sounds like a gamble. Will follow this thread and see what the community feels about these new asic miners.
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:25:54 AM

When you do some calcs with their specs it is almost to good to be true...

OBELISK DECRED 300GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/152-dcr-blake-14r?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=300000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

OBELISK SIA 475GH:

https://whattomine.com/coins/161-sc-blake-2b?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=475000.0&p=1000.0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

Let's assume what the "calculator says"

Decred = 3300 dollar month...
SIA = 4700 dollar month...

(I think for real, maybe half of it...)

The Obelisk miners seem to have an absolute great advantage to all people who (merged) mine Decred or Sia with their GPU right now. Not all miners who mine Ethereum or Zcash mine merged. I think it is just a small percentage because you need extra power for your GPU's it is not free, to mine merged (it costes extra)
There are also people mining with FPGA's (Ztex, Icarus, etc.) on Decred right know and if these Obelisk miner is real "real"
(I am still not sure) then we see the true switch from CPU --> GPU --> FPGA --> ASIC.
At this point Decred and or SIA will have their own ASIC and more fullgrown?? more futureproof..

I really like the DCR1, more than the SIA SC1 miner (personal) but they need to show us this is real stuff.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:42:02 AM

Hopefully the launch of this ASIC does not do to DCR what it did to SIA.

The Obelisk SIA SC1 was actually the catalyst that brought Siacoin down to the dumps. From trading at 400 satoshi to 50 satoshi? Thats a huge loss.
My theory is when ASICs like this enter into a new coin which was previsouly only mined with GPUs, people get scared, they think it will mean more supply and more miners will be dumping their coins.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:54:47 AM

Surely people have learnt already.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:04:27 AM

FYI..for those asking about swapping a current Sia coin pre-order for their DC-1 deca coin miner (same prices)

nope they won't do that (was trying to migrage my risk....likely a moot point)

anyway, FYI

Dlikrot

Activity: 227
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:43:18 PM

How can anyone be sure that these are real? That this is not a scam?

To btc or not to btc - that is the electrum
jwarren81

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:35:03 PM

Always research the company behind these things . . .

Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous Inc, which is the company behind the SIA blockchain development.  Nebulous is a company based in the US and you can actually identify and name its owners and the people behind it.  If it goes south, their reputation is on the line as well as the US legal system being brought to bear on them. They have also been quite open about what they are doing and where their funding comes from.

A few links for your reading:
https://blog.sia.tech/

https://sia.tech/funding2016/

https://siawiki.tech/development/nebulous_inc

How can anyone be sure that these are real? That this is not a scam?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: