Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:56:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone in Bitconnect? Scam coin?  (Read 1613 times)
Mikaelxiong (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:24:17 AM

I got lost in the crypto Youtube world and everyone has these Bitconnect accounts and I watched a couple of videos and it sounds like a Ponzi scheme waiting to happen in a year.  What do you guys think?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:35:53 AM

I got lost in the crypto Youtube world and everyone has these Bitconnect accounts and I watched a couple of videos and it sounds like a Ponzi scheme waiting to happen in a year.  What do you guys think?
Here's what Vitalik Buterin has to say about Bitconnect, when he was tagged to comment about bitconnect and it was funny that he said he is not familiar about it and only heard about it twice according to his twitter post but here's a screen shot of his comment about Bitconnect.

When I was invited to join Bitconect through a referral link that right away turned me off because I immediately thought that they are earning from inviting people to buy the coin and pass the strategy to others. Their growth is not organic. I don't think they even have a white paper to begin with.
Phillip_Olamide

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:48:31 AM

I've always wondered if there's something hazy about bitconnect. Quite lucky not to have invested. I think I'll stay glued to this thread to weigh my options to know if I'd invest because I got a few people who has got gains from this investment.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:36:13 PM

I've always wondered if there's something hazy about bitconnect. Quite lucky not to have invested. I think I'll stay glued to this thread to weigh my options to know if I'd invest because I got a few people who has got gains from this investment.
I wouldnt call you lucky for not investing in Bitconnect. Ponzi or not I dont know. But if you had invested $100 in it at the beginning of this year, you could have made 200K( enough to buy a house). I wish I was unlucky enough to invest in it then. Grin
Glory90

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:51:16 PM

I got lost in the crypto Youtube world and everyone has these Bitconnect accounts and I watched a couple of videos and it sounds like a Ponzi scheme waiting to happen in a year.  What do you guys think?

I think Bitcoinnect is just a ponzi with great marketing team, almost every day BCC lending ads are on coinmarketcap.com and successful affiliate programs to make their community actively promote BCC lending

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:01:27 PM

I mean, it obviously a pyramid scheme, but if you got in early and exit now, there's nothing to complain about.

It's too late join now, it's gonna burst soon when people start to dumping it.
Troilo

Activity: 148

Juggling with Crypto Investments

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:04:07 PM

Yep unfortunately we don't know when it's going to crash. But quite soon I think. Who knows? It only depends on how much investors will keep coming in.  Wink

Are you tired of all this FUD? Take a break, and check my Steemit Blog!

https://steemit.com/@troilo/
seizetehday5

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:09:37 PM

Yep unfortunately we don't know when it's going to crash. But quite soon I think. Who knows? It only depends on how much investors will keep coming in.  Wink

Has to be soon, it dropped 1.4B in value overnight somehow?! That is going to hurt somebodys pocket soon, although weirdly enough the price has been uneffected. Can anybody explain this to me like I am 5?

TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:17:18 PM

when someone giving you a percentage return everyday,
you can tell them to fuck off,because most of them are scammer.
do you think they're a genie? so they can give us an exact number how much that we will get everyday?
i even encountered something like this and can be said as one of the victim.
so do not bother with it and try to find something else,because you can see a lot of project other than this one.
better safe than sorry my friend

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
Sikka157

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:18:09 PM

Has to be soon, it dropped 1.4B in value overnight somehow?! That is going to hurt somebodys pocket soon, although weirdly enough the price has been uneffected. Can anybody explain this to me like I am 5?
The market cap dropped because they decreased the circulating supply. It didnot affect investors like us. But I am not understanding how is 1% daily interest sustainable and why the price keeps rising.
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:41:29 PM

Bitconnect traded in BCC Exchange with trade volume (98.58% $68 446 500 in 24 hours) And the rest for other sites Livecoin , Novaexchange and HitBTC CoinExchange The price has risen much compared to the past months

i dont deposit btc or bcc before in https://bitconnect.co ; but if the last site scam means bcc scam
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:49:18 PM

I am not in and I will not invest my money there, I dont trust these guys imho. Other coins are looking better for me.
bitfish

Activity: 174

A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:49:26 PM

Yes Bitconnect is a Ponzi combined with a great MLM referral system Wink As all Ponzis it will crash sooner or later.
BTW: All those Bitconnect referrer shills are populating Youtube looking for fresh blood. You better don't rely on those folks praising Bitconnect because in the end your "investment" will be gone.
oldcryptogeek

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:56:48 PM

I am in the Bitconnect is a Ponzi camp as well.  The only caveat in my opinion, is that we have not seen the end of new money in this market.. and so without regulation, endless promotion will draw in the noobs in droves.
Mikaelxiong (OP)

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:12:21 AM

Regulation is much needed...  But good regulation
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:33:44 AM

Those Youtubers are doing their jobs and using you people to earn referrer proceeds, though nothing is wrong with that, but the whole scheme is obvious will collapse but people are just blind to see the truth about the project because of greed
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:01:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbR1SXIje1U

If this video is true, it looks like a complete ponzi. It came to me very faintly.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:05:04 AM

I do not know whether is a ponzi or scam but because of that accusings, I cannot invest in bitconnect. It may be really scam for me.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:57:35 AM

Definitely a ponzi scheme.

Not sure why so many people are willing to waste their money on this obviously scam porject and not be willing to invest in web based ponzi schemes. Just because they are a cryptocurrency doesn't mean they are decentralized, and doesn't mean that the money is going to keep rolling in forever.

Stay away from all lending coins.

prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:11:14 AM

I noticed Bitconnect in terms of market cap; but you have to look at every other aspect
I pass because of he says she says and the other aspects not observable here https://www.coingecko.com/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: