Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Government.  (Read 3540 times)
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:02:59 PM

that's your opinion! if Bitcoin is accepted in a country and the government agrees to use payments through Bitcoin, what about the conventional money used every day? this indirectly will make the infrastructure of a country no progress forward
Not only that,  it is a lot of risk if it is accepted as a form of payment, especially anonymous transactions are difficult to control, it is easy to break the law.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:15:52 PM

Governments have shown the five stages of grief while dealing with the reality of Bitcoin taking over everything they know about money. But this has deep roots because centralized money causes you to take certain things for granted and makes you miss the point when looking at Bitcoin. The decentralized aspect is huge and I wonder how many newcomers even understand that part while they're buying looking to get rich.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:26:05 PM

Yes it is. Its good that our government should unite with bitcoin because they have their same vision to our country which is to give a better life for
everyone. There are lot of reason why bitcoin and government should join together as i have said they have the same vision or goal. If that happen we can assure a good economic living for everyone. Everybody has equal oppurtunity and equal standing in our society. It can also lessen the unemployed person  and everyone will be living in the fullest, that there is no rich or poor. I am hoping that someday it will happen and have a bettee relationship.
johny.valencia2

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:28:00 PM

i think they both are the enemies of each other.they cannot walk with each other on each stage.bitcoin has exit many of the transactions and investments of banks due to people now focus on btc instead of govt.
queennathalia (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:14:03 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 08:08:59 AM by queennathalia

If the government your talking about is not corrupt and self centered individuals then this would work.. But knowing how government officials only thinks for profit of they’re own and not for the country then this just a waste of time for us on hoping that big positive result. I always give the government of each country a chance to prove we’re wrong.
One of the reasons is that the bitcoin and government systems do not agree with them because they do not want to lose big wages, in our day the politicization is one of the professions that you succeed in making you rich. but the government does not really know that politicization is a task, to lift its place and to enrich it. most are self-sufficient than the people. things are going to be good for people like bitcoin.

Pinoy 🇵🇭 Telegram 🇵🇭 Group
queennathalia (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 08:09:31 AM by queennathalia

as I know, most governments see bitcoin as a threat to their economy. the list you mentioned is a very good benefit, but not for the government. Even if the government wants to use cryptocurrency technology, I think they would prefer to create their own cryptocurrency instead of using bitcoin. One thing they can benefit from bitcoin, I think by taxing it, as it is today.
In my dedication, so the government wants that they do not want people to see or watch their transactions. Is not it bad if we see it? In bitcoin people are more able to monitor government spending on government projects. there is no need for the government to fear that there is nothing wrong with it. am I right?

queennathalia (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:54:26 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 08:10:04 AM by queennathalia

Is it good combination about bitcoin and our current government? lets talk about this things if these two option was combined in the future, Our government used bitcoin and spread to every people in there countries. For me it is good. why?

Because:
1. Is good for all businessman for good transactions. Buy something and sell something.
2. Is good for payments needs to pay like billings every month.
3. For less time and moved for travelling on anywhere we want.
4. Its easy to transfer money from other country with less taxes. this favor is aprove for ofw's
5. Easy to transfer money if they needed immediately like emergencies. pay for medicine.

Theres a lot of good reason.
in terms of digital money whose name is bitcoin in my country there is no government interference, whether in the future what the government will take over the bitcoin is not understood. but I do not expect that to happen, because bitcoin with its own rules is enough
you're right. they might not mind bitcoin or watch it if it's going to be in our economy, for the better it would be if they were to properly understand it. If the government does not control the bitcoin, it will be fine a good way for everyone to care for our lives.

queennathalia (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 08:10:26 AM by queennathalia

i think they both are the enemies of each other.they cannot walk with each other on each stage.bitcoin has exit many of the transactions and investments of banks due to people now focus on btc instead of govt.
so instead of discussing or contending find a good solution. many governments do not think people are in a difficult situation. others say it's difficult to understand bitcoin with people. You say the same bitcoin and government are both hostile. there's no good way to do it right now.

BitcoinIsAlgebraic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:31:33 PM

Governments and the blockchain are probably a good combination but its the government which fear Bitcoin and will not use it in any shape or form.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:00:50 PM

This kind of thinking is flawed. Because you begin with the premise that governments are benevolent and good which are not. Plus, when government adopt cryptocurrency like bitcoin. It is decline to its countries own currency there lowering the trust and demand for it, and they eventually lose power.
ideally, they are supposed to be benevolent entities that exist to serve its populace. however, it remains a fact that human beings with their own interests in mind (and puts those interests ahead of those of the people) are the ones that write and pass the laws we live by. now, there are people that work in the government who are true public servants, and live to serve, but this doesn't hold true for the great majority, which is what matters. were the government (ill use the US government as the point of reference here as that is the one im most familiar with) comprised mostly of altruistic congressmen, i've no doubt that bitcoin and blockchain research would have been brought up in congress a long time ago in an attempt to introduce a new technology that might benefit the people.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:21:44 PM

Is it good combination about bitcoin and our current government? lets talk about this things if these two option was combined in the future, Our government used bitcoin and spread to every people in there countries. For me it is good. why?

Because:
1. Is good for all businessman for good transactions. Buy something and sell something.
4. Its easy to transfer money from other country with less taxes. this favor is aprove for ofw's
5. Easy to transfer money if they needed immediately like emergencies. pay for medicine.

It's good for us, but not every goverment want to allow bitcoin as a currency, because of the anonymous transactions and possibly no paid taxes.People are intrested on cryptocurrencies but i think a lot of goverments will denie digital cryptocurrencies because of the not possible vision transactions

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
yen10

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:30:26 PM

I think bitcoin and government will be a good combination but there might be some problems also. Its good because it makes bitcoin legal and official as an alternative currency. And because of that, we can use now bitcoin as a mode of payment freely. But it might also post some problems because government can now control and regulate bitcoin that might minimize its potentia.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:33:43 PM

If the government embraces bitcoin its gonna be huge for bitcoin, its price will skyrocket and moreover it will be really helpful for a lot of people. It will help in easy payment when buying and selling things.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:42:16 PM

Because:

As much I did agree in the synergy, I did like individual governments do a comprehensive research and to know if they can run And operate with what the blickchain/Cryptocurrency has to differ. And really, the advantages will definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Things are meant to be done with ease and faster too. I also did heard that government is not able to tax earnings made via bitcoin so they ain't rlly cool with this too.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:42:58 PM

If the government embraces bitcoin its gonna be huge for bitcoin, its price will skyrocket and moreover it will be really helpful for a lot of people. It will help in easy payment when buying and selling things.
The government embracing Bitcoin will only be important if they start to make an effort to turn Bitcoin into a primary source of economic movement, the only thing that we get out of Bitcoin being an asset that is "accepted" by a government is that there will be no threat of regulation, and that does free up everything somewhat but it really isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.

Bitcoin still has a slightly long ways to go before it is easy enough for the average person to use, mostly because they won't want to learn how it works and/or will need it simplified so that they're able to use it better.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:50:47 PM

Bitcoin may be good. But not a few countries also prohibit the use of Bitcoin. And not everyone in a country, is a Bitcoin user. Well, the lack of Bitcoin that can only be used with a device, will reduce the practicality of payments such as local currency.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
haltingprobability

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:05:03 PM

"Government embracing Bitcoin" doesn't make sense. It's like "government embracing cryptography". It's in the nature of cryptography that it works whether or not any government approves or embraces it. And government approval can change nothing about how encryption works. The governments of the world might want to build their own "cryptocurrency" but why would anyone use it? That's like using an encryption algorithm built by the NSA behind closed doors. Almost any other alternative is superior. The idea of "blockchain technology" being deployed by corporations is equally nonsensical. If you are a corporation, you can already trust your own servers. You have no use for a trustless ledger. The whole need for a technology like Bitcoin is created by the central banking system and the government's control of currency. People want to use Bitcoin because they're tired of being forced to use funny-money that is inflated, taxed and seized by the government and its corrupt banking system, at will.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:11:32 PM

Because:

maybe your opinion is good too but in my country real currency is more dominant than in digital currency like bitcoin and bitcoin not yet fully known in my country and in my country there is no legal force can to protect bitcoin assets itself
haltingprobability

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:29:31 PM

in my country there is no legal force can to protect bitcoin assets itself

That's what a brainwallet is for.
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:38:11 PM

Yes, if the govern uses the bitcoin there will be a few advantages about, but what is about the pseudonym transactions ? and about the relationship with other countries and the control in the price of the bitcoin ? There are better solutions (for the govern ), like the govern creating their own cryptocurrency and take control of the blockchain and the history of all money circulated, and even the choice of ban the cryptos can be a temporary solution depending on the countrie's situation.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: