Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 05:19:26 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Receive Bitcoin Annonymously ?  (Read 86 times)
chits12345

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:44:31 AM

Hi,

If I complete a small computer task for someone , ask him to pay in bitcoin for work and he sends me bitcoin via exchange to my bitcoin address, will my identity be anonymous because I didn't purchase bitcoins from any exchange using any ID or bank transfer? Or it won't be anonymous.

I know bitcoin address can be trailed because it is public but it doesn't reveal my identity because I didn't submit my ID cards etc. for verification and those IDs can't be misused. I know VPN or proxy servers should be used for sending /buying /selling bitcoins anonymously but I think that applies to exchange only.  I am not sending /selling /buying bitcoins using exchange. I am just receiving bitcoins directly in my wallet.  

Do I need to use VPN for receiving bitcoins too?

How can I receive bitcoin by keeping myself 100% anonymous?

Please guide me step by step about how can I receive bitcoins anonymously.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squatter

Activity: 519

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:53:57 AM

Hi,

If I complete a small computer task for someone , ask him to pay in bitcoin for work and he sends me bitcoin via exchange to my bitcoin address, will my identity be anonymous because I didn't purchase bitcoins from any exchange using any ID or bank transfer? Or it won't be anonymous.

I know bitcoin address can be trailed because it is public but it doesn't reveal my identity because I didn't submit my ID cards etc. for verification and those IDs can't be misused. I know VPN or proxy servers should be used for sending /buying /selling bitcoins anonymously but I think that applies to exchange only.  I am not sending /selling /buying bitcoins using exchange. I am just receiving bitcoins directly in my wallet.  

Receiving payments doesn't expose anything about your identity. The sender's IP address (or service they used) is public, but nothing is exposed by the output of the transaction. Receiving payments is completely passive. You only need to take care when sending out the BTC.

Please guide me step by step about how can I receive bitcoins anonymously.

Thanks in advance.

It's difficult to stay 100% anonymous at this point with BTC. Governments are spending increasing efforts to identify market participants at fiat gateways (exchanges, P2P marketplaces like Localbitcoins, etc). It's getting harder and harder to buy/sell without forking over ID documents.

Things should get better as the economy grows. The main problem is interaction with fiat. If you can spend your bitcoins P2P without sacrificing your ID, then VPN/TOR should probably be sufficient.

It's always prudent to consider which UTXOs you are using when making payments -- where are these outputs from? Can they be linked to my identity? Do I want to link this UTXO to the payment being made? If absolute anonymity is required, your best bet right now is transacting with Monero.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Xavofat

Activity: 700

Satoshi wanted "small, casual transactions".

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 01:41:19 PM

The exchange will know that their customer sent BTC to someone that they had spoken to, so if they wanted to, they might be able to try and find information about the transaction.  But it seems unlikely that they would go that far to invade your privacy unless they were forced to by KYC regulations, which they usually aren't.
No.  A lot of people have paper wallets, so they don't even connect to the Internet for the transaction at all (until they decide to export the private keys from their paper wallets).
Your anonymity is mainly about the person who's paying you.  If your communications with them have been anonymous and you've preserved your anonymity throughout that process, you're safe.  If not, you're most likely safe anyway.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.