Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much BTC will fall in 3 days after Segwit2x fork in November?  (Read 1802 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:54:16 PM

How much bitcoin will retrace just after the Segwit2x fork?
Price correction would really happen in bitcoin after the fork after its price being affected on such event.It did rise up on new heights in which we do less anticipated. This is why we should really expect for price decrease and for short traders it is indeed a dangerous stuff on buying bitcoins as of now.Fall is already expected but not too much maybe we do able to see 4500- 5200 range which is an ideal price range for this year but actually no one really knows on what would be the range but one things for sure we do see less amounts when people already taking profits and switching back to altcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashler

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:56:00 PM

A small table here from two previous hard-forks (cash and gold here)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTyZitGSeoaQd5XtHBN6F8QEQnrTt0we3bgD8E9TNYJpzJNmg2opJy1Gzpq7h1mKTysT9GIC4AaX83s/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

There was not really a major drop in the BTC price from a week previous to the hard-fork, but in both cases there was a good increase in BTC price a week after. HOWEVER, none of the previous hard-forks received the support that the Segwit2x is receiving so we will need to wait and see...
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:58:15 PM

It will fall back to $5000.

I was in doubt about it, because of the time it spend on the $6000 level, but now the spike is going so high and fast that a crash is inevitable. Specially in face of Garzikcoin fork. Even if people are well informed about the lack of replay protection, theres still the hash issue.
I disagree on this bitcoin falling down to 5000 usd is too much there is so much buy support to support bitcoin to it's current price , Bitcoin may fall aroung 6500 usd after the fork but I think within a weeks it can recover quickly and have a stable price around 7000 usd before the year ends.
ashler

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:03:20 AM

It will fall back to $5000.

I was in doubt about it, because of the time it spend on the $6000 level, but now the spike is going so high and fast that a crash is inevitable. Specially in face of Garzikcoin fork. Even if people are well informed about the lack of replay protection, theres still the hash issue.
I disagree on this bitcoin falling down to 5000 usd is too much there is so much buy support to support bitcoin to it's current price , Bitcoin may fall aroung 6500 usd after the fork but I think within a weeks it can recover quickly and have a stable price around 7000 usd before the year ends.

I think 5,000 USD IS realistic if the people who pledge to support B2X will do so
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:32:51 AM

No correction will occur after fork. Ppl just want cheap BTC from noobs that will panic sell.  HODL strong 💪
mjacer

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:37:34 AM

For me, it really depends on the traders or movement of the bitcoin in the market.  If after segwit fork, and most of the traders will exchange btc to segwit, the btc will fall drastically.
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:10:55 AM

Under 500$ I think, or maybe depends on what the investors will do after the fork. But most forking resulted to a slight down but recovered and will rapidly increase. In short this Segwit2x will no difference to the last two, bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold but as Coinbase say good thing about this fork might be the difference but is this can affect bitcoin community’s decision. I doubt it will, for we do have our own mind to decide for what we think is right for our own investments, this is why I love cryptocurrency.
erickastella

Activity: 826
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:15:55 AM

I guess maybe will back stable on 5.000$ , better sell bitcoin now and buy when the HF launched.
Because if not sell now , maybe we cant got huge profit again if sell on low price , better sell now and buy on low price then wait the price go moon again.
CMIIW , just an opinion.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:27:15 AM

I doubt it will be more than 10%, if there is even a dip of that much. It's overhyped and I just don't think there will be two big chains. It'll be one monster chain and a little one.
ashler

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:32:55 AM

I doubt it will be more than 10%, if there is even a dip of that much. It's overhyped and I just don't think there will be two big chains. It'll be one monster chain and a little one.

the monster chain being BTC and the little one (the altcoin) being B2X, I guess?
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:04:31 AM

I think bitcoin will fall 10% after three days of segwit2x. Its my guess.
i think no one knows about how many percent will be the bitcoin fall. Cause its to hard to speculate i think its jus a prediction of some crypto users which is they all have doubts about after segwit2x.  I think for me about that segwit2x it will happen but ithink it will not make bitcoin value cheap like what happened before.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:54:05 AM

I think bitcoin will fall 10% after three days of segwit2x. Its my guess.
i think no one knows about how many percent will be the bitcoin fall. Cause its to hard to speculate i think its jus a prediction of some crypto users which is they all have doubts about after segwit2x.  I think for me about that segwit2x it will happen but ithink it will not make bitcoin value cheap like what happened before.
It's not that hard to speculate till now we have seen 3 SegWit/hard fork and price did fall by 5% , 10% and even 15% on some exchanges but as soon transactions resumed the price quickly rose back to $6k or somewhere around it. If you are looking to profit from this get your usdt ready on any major exchange quickly buy btc during the dip and make quick profit.

I would agree with you btc has grown a lot and rumours again surrounding china is going to introduce p2p exchanges there is no chance of a downfall.
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:06:07 AM

The prediction of some analyst is an everage of 23.5% drop. This is gonna impact a lot and hopefully people will not panic to this drop because it will stoll recover. Bitcoin has proven itseld already for the past years that it's value is continuing to increase in the long run. Many factors has already affected it but it still managed to recovee. And with that, I also believe that it will recover this fall and may come back stronger as the demand goes high by next year.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1847
Merit: 2812

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:06:04 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 09:16:40 AM by ivomm

Let's recall some facts. In January and September PBOC's news for more requlation on bitcoin exchanges and possible ban resulted in 30-ish % drop in the price for 1 day, in total 42% drop from the last ATH. Actually these news were not bad for Bitcoin since they didn't endanger its existence in any way. Moreover, everyone should have been happy that China's 95% dominion on the market is gone and transfered elsewhere. Now, let's contemplate what can happend shortly after the HF. It is obvious that most of the miners will switch to B2X. Those who seek dayily profit will switch as usual to BCH which will have by then an imroved 12 hour EDA. In that situation for a surprise to the misinformed traders, many exchanges (including the largest in USA - Coinbase) and wallet providers will declare B2X as the winner with the longest chain and call it Bitcoin. During these days there will be not a slightes motive to buy the legacy Bitcoin. We can expect this uncertainty to bring 30-is % decline of the price. This drop will hardly end in 1 day and probably will continue for days and weeks. At this time the estimated B2X price will be around 1000$. If this uncertainty continues too long, the damage of the price could be huge. I can't predict the total price of the 2 bitcoins, but I don't see how one can be certain that bitcoin will hold its price after the fork.  Huh
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:34:12 AM

I don't think that there will be any fork-related drop until people find a safe way to split their S2X coins.
In fact I don't think that there is any way up to now.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:27:17 AM

We don't know what happen to bitcoin price if the prife decrease or increase. But if decreasw the price I think the possible price become 5k dollars and I hope it will not decrease like 4k dollars. But for sure if the price of bitcoin decrease it will recover fastly because many people for sure buy bitcoin and for sure it will back to 7k dollars or maybe we see 8k dollars price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Hafitdart

Activity: 342
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:41:27 AM

We don't know what happen to bitcoin price if the prife decrease or increase. But if decreasw the price I think the possible price become 5k dollars and I hope it will not decrease like 4k dollars. But for sure if the price of bitcoin decrease it will recover fastly because many people for sure buy bitcoin and for sure it will back to 7k dollars or maybe we see 8k dollars price.

I think the price of the Bitcoin will be very volatile. It depends on the behaviour of the miners. If the hash rate is solid, the price will rise again.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:01:29 AM

I think the price of the Bitcoin will be very volatile. It depends on the behaviour of the miners. If the hash rate is solid, the price will rise again.
Bitcoin is very volatile ever since, maybe after 3 days price would experience a little dump. But, eventually it will roll back and will continue to rise again. This is what I believe just like the segwit happended before.
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:34:59 AM

It can fall to minimum of $5k, which is almost 33% less than the current value. In the very worst of circumstances, where there is confusion and non-acceptance of the S2X fork, it can still fall to a bedrock level of $2k, not lesser. The fact that it is rather well known and that a lot of people have invested into it will invariably prevent it from falling beyond the level above mentioned.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:51:19 AM

I do not understand why everyone says the price has been rising because of the fork and it will plundge just after... For me there is no debate : this price rise comes from CME and all those positive news that appeared lately. This attracted lots of new traders, that pushed the price to new highs. And those people do not know at all about this fork - even what a fork is - and why for people on Bitcointalk it should make the price going up and down.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: