Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal is the first digital currency...  (Read 597 times)
Vera Tech

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:56:32 PM

I hate Paypal very very VERY Much. It's so retarted, even PerfectMoney is better in performance than PP.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swaptaker

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:59:08 PM

I want to hear you guys why PayPal is not a digital currency and maybe Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto saw the benefits of Cryptocurrency after PayPal that's why he came up with the idea and create that simple idea into reality.

Let's talk about it...

It's really a centralized company and they never had a target to be a coin. Their purpose is to get profit from peer to peer transactions, that's all. It cannot be a coin, their executive team won't announce issue of a coin for paypal.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:00:08 PM

Paypal is digital paying system, and they don't need to be a currency. And they of course don't need to be a cryptocurrency. They have fast speed of transactions, good security and nice usability, what cryptocurrencies don't have.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:10:09 PM

Paypal is digital paying system, and they don't need to be a currency. And they of course don't need to be a cryptocurrency. They have fast speed of transactions, good security and nice usability, what cryptocurrencies don't have.

Many cryptocurrencies have fast transactions, good security and nice usability, they just aren't yet established like paypal, eventually paypal will be rivaled by a crypto service that will be able to offer much lower fees than paypal do currently.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:13:50 PM

One of the reason is that paypal already exist even before bitcoin.  Aside from that paypal have lots of bank partners that is quite hostile to cryptocurrency.  They have the proven method and they do not want to explore in an uncertain charter.  probably they will on the next decade Smiley

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:16:58 PM

PayPal is to be moral in something immoral) PayPal works in a regulated environment. If you do not like someone (the powerful of this world), then your money is weeping. Bitcoin passes the banks! Bitcoin is the answer to the financial crisis that undermined confidence in the global financial system. All currencies depend on the dollar, and the exception is bitcoin. The one who controls money controls the world.

Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:44:20 PM

I hate Paypal very very VERY Much. It's so retarted, even PerfectMoney is better in performance than PP.
I don't like PayPal that much as well. I know that the people here will change their minds if PayPal decided to implement BTC into their payments.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:49:32 PM

like people told you.. paypal is not like a currency its more like a service for currencies
i would like to use coins in paypal Tongue
it will happen soon.. if not paypal, so other companies like paypal
Bergiolia (OP)

Activity: 224

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

like people told you.. paypal is not like a currency its more like a service for currencies
i would like to use coins in paypal Tongue
it will happen soon.. if not paypal, so other companies like paypal

indeed, paypal is just like a debit account that needs to be filled up by US dollar money before you can use it as payments for products and other services.
PayPal had been around since 2006 but I think Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto had getting this kind of idea and this is one reason also that drives him to make Cryptocurrency because he knew that the world needs cryptocurrency as the replacement of fiat.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:12:40 PM

One is history, the other the future. There are no similarities or any comparison between the two except maybe meeting similar challenges and the effort to overcome them.
zidanaltaer

Activity: 340

idap.io

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:16:23 PM

is it true paypal is first digital currencies? I think paypal is only a platfom provider only for those who want to use the services of intermediaries for buying and selling, but paypal pioneered the creation of new tokens such as monetha and utrust recently, it is great for competition and future improvement

pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:17:56 PM

I suppose there is a huge difference between PayPal and cryptocurrency at first sight:
- centralized system of PayPal and decentralized system of cryptocurrencies
- blockchain based transactions and balances of wallets are public
- transaction via PayPal can be returned, not like for cryptocurrencies
The first and the biggest difference here would be the type of currency. Cryptocurrencies, as the name says, are cryptographic currencies which are encrypted end to end whereas paypal supports digital currencies which are jsut a digital form of fiat currency. So there is a huge difference between the both.
Both use totally different technologies and platforms. Both have different uses and abilities.
I dont Nakamoto was inspired by PayPal but he wanted to change the way banking and financial platforms provide their services. Crypto is always best when compared to paypal or any other digital currency.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bergiolia (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:20:20 PM

is it true paypal is first digital currencies? I think paypal is only a platfom provider only for those who want to use the services of intermediaries for buying and selling, but paypal pioneered the creation of new tokens such as monetha and utrust recently, it is great for competition and future improvement

It is being said that Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto got ideas from paypal that it could be enhanced and to be called Cryptocurrency because PayPal is just a digital fiat that only spendable only if you put amount before you can use it as payments for products and other services on the internet.
Blockchain just came up with an idea from different existing digital money like PayPal so that's why PayPal isn't away of being the first digital currency in the market today.

manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:23:07 PM

As much hate as paypal might get, it's still important very important.

It was important when it was first introduced and revolutionized online bankings. Nowadays, it's still one of the best ways to send money online I think, despite the fees and the shortcomings.
Bergiolia (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:24:49 PM

I suppose there is a huge difference between the two PayPal and cryptocurrency at first sight:
- centralized system of PayPal and decentralized system of cryptocurrencies
- blockchain based transactions and balances of wallets are public
- transaction via PayPal can be returned, not like for cryptocurrencies
The first and the biggest difference here would be the type of currency. Cryptocurrencies, as the name says, are cryptographic currencies which are encrypted end to end whereas paypal supports digital currencies which are jsut a digital form of fiat currency. So there is a huge difference between the both.
Both use totally different technologies and platforms. Both have different uses and abilities.
I dont Nakamoto was inspired by PayPal but he wanted to change the way banking and financial platforms provide their services. Crypto is always best when compared to paypal or any other digital currency.

I got your point. Blockchain is cryptographic encryption on both end and most of them were decentralized and uses multiple servers for verification
but PayPal and Visa were using single data server that would verify the transactions between wallets.
So, this things and differences are one of the reasons why Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto got an idea that the world couldn't rely on Paypal and Visa credits as the replacement of Fiat but will be another revolution os technology that will transform into Cryptocurrency.
this fact had been mention on The Satoshi Revolution as well.

rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:26:21 PM

Cryptocurrency is backed by Blockchain which assure of its timely delivery and correct data storage and recovery. These are the major difference between Bitcoin and paypal.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:27:51 PM

Can anyone explain the hate behind paypal? I use it a lot but I'm open to other alternatives, preferably ones with a lower fee percentage.
Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:47:25 PM

Firstly, i like your thread topic. It will make someone wanna open it to see your reason for calling paypay a cryptocurrency.
I am sure you yourself know that Paypal is not a cryptocurrency. Paypal and bitcoin are two different things entirely. Paypal is a payment gateway and not a digital currency like bitcoin. I guess Mr. Satoshi sees the need to improve on the existing online payment system then and hence the blockchain technology.

khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:06:38 PM

PayPal is not a digital currency by itself cause it's a payment system. They didn't make a new currency, they just make possible to spend fiat currencies online.

Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:22:58 PM

I want to hear you guys why PayPal is not a digital currency and maybe Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto saw the benefits of Cryptocurrency after PayPal that's why he came up with the idea and create that simple idea into reality.

Let's talk about it...

PayPal is not a digital currency and never claimed to be one. PayPal is just a wallet that you transfer your money into and then from it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: