Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45345 times)
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:05:37 PM

I hold a huge bag of Iota, a team of people actually attempting to solve real-world issues and the tangle network is awesome. It will be around in decades to come

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1DC

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:13:34 PM

Maybe you have read some of my calls before. My last call was on ZENcash: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078049.0

It was a month or two before ZENcash mooned, while all other alts doomed. No I am not a member of a pumpgroup, not a prophet or a great trader, nor do I like P&D of garbage and scammy coins which have no future. Some people have written me PMs and asking for advice, so I decided to write my next advice here for everybody. I do not have many time and also not many advices, because I think that most coins out there are useless or do not have what it needs to be successful long term.

I am just an investor who is longer in this field and doing deep research, taking a position in cryptocurrencies before others do. A position from which one I can hodl long term and with a lot of patience.
If you take your time to intensively screen through the mass of projects you will see that many of them are without value, with no development, copycats, no problems they can solve or they do solve problems which could be solved also with a centralized solution. Projects with a lot of shiny marketing and no backing by big names.

This will be a really simple and fundamental analysis, so you have to do your own research, not rely on what I or others are telling you.

Fundamentally new technology

IOTA is completly different and let me tell you why. IOTA is a hedge against all blockchain based projects as it is based on the tangle, not on a blockchain. IOTA transactions are fast and feeless, they cost nothing. There are no miners, no fees. No conflict of interest between those who send transactions and those who validated them.
When you send a transaction on IOTA, you have to confirm other transactions in order to have your IOTAs sent. IOTAs technology is in this case without real competition. IOTA is not an altcoin, because it is a completly new version of a decentralized value network. IOTA is made for the machine to machine (m2m) business but can be used by humans too. Transactions without fees are a killer application.

IOTA has a market cap of only 1 billion, while I think it could reach 30 billions like Ethereum.

IOTA is a mothercoin, like BTC.

IOTA Foundation is cooperating with global player companies

IOTA is supported by the daughter company (Innogy) of the energy giant RWE. Bosch is highly supporting IOTA. Bosch is the largest manufacturer of car electronics worldwide. IOTA will be used for transactions between electro autonomous cars and loading stations. Innogy is highly thrilled about this function because it takes out the middleman, the banks or any kind of contracts. The CEO of Fujitsu Europe is mentioning IOTA several times on this twitter account, so we could see here further cooperation. There are several global players which have already plans and contracts to work together with the IOTA foundation. When they will be revealed it could bring up the price to new highs.

Advisors of IOTA are people who have worked for large global players, they have a name and reputation to lose, the same is true for the cooperating companies. Wink

Also important to know: Every company will use the one IOTA network and will use the IOTA tokens. Compared to Ethereum where everybody can have their own Ethereum network, IOTA is only secure if many take part. So the main IOTA network will be used by all. Also Ethereum allows you to create tokens on top of the network, while on IOTA you need to use the one token. Everything contrary you will read about this is just a simple lie. Also it is a lie that there are too many IOTA tokens arounds, do basic math. You can divide BTC behind the 0, but IOTAs cant be divide, they are already like Satoshis.

The IOTA foundation has been supported by the IOTA whales with funds. The tokens were fairly distributed (not like ETH), and even the developers had to buy them. The IOTA foundation has announced that already in this year they will start hiring around 50 new developers. This is real dedicated development on a huge scale, not a pseudo project. This ist the new Ethereum competitor.

IOTA will have smart contracts

IOTA will have smart contracts similar to Ethereum. This could already happen in 2017 and would give it a further feature. This will push the market cap up. Even without the contracts Innogy gave up Ethereum and switched to IOTA. Flash channels on IOTA for example enable you to transact trustlessly even without a smart contract. You load your car with energy and load the energy station with packages of IOTA microtransactions. If one side stops to load, the other stream (energy or IOTA) stops too. Ethereum can`t do this.

IOTA is only on Bitfinex and Binance - more exchanges will come

More exchanges will come for sure and are already in contact with IOTA foundation. We know from the past that exchange adoptions have pushed the price of many strong cryptocurrencies.

FUD, why IOTA is undervalued and weak points

IOTA is simply undervalued because of one thing: Most crypto investors do not understand it. It is to hard to grasp for the pump and dump seeking mass. It is too hard to undersand why feeless transactions could finally bring blockchain based projects like BTC to struggle.

There was a lot of FUD against IOTA and disinformations spread by those who accumulate or fear IOTA. Indeed there are still some drawbacks and some things to overcome. The IOTA network needs the so called coordinator a group of nodes which support the tangle network by generating transactions. Those are needed as long as the IOTA network is still small, but will be shut off as a critical mass of the network size has been reached. Also people are complaining about network updates and so called snapshots which lead to circumstances in which the users had to use a tool to gain control over their funds again. Nothing too complicated but it was used for FUD endlessly.

The way of intensive, orchestrated and organized FUD on social media against IOTA is for me a clear sign that some whales are accumulating here.
This FUD will be turned into hype by the same people. I have watched this game too many times. Wink

Of course you can wait till all bugs are out and IOTA is fully used by everybody, but then you can be sure the current 1 billion market cap will be more around 30 billions, like ETH is, or even higher.
I prefer to buy when its cheap, not expensive. Wink

Why am I taking my time to write this?

Yes I am invested in IOTA, yes I would like to see it go up. But I only invest early in later very strong cryptocurrencies. I would like to see IOTA prosper because I am simply tired of watching scammy ICOs and worthless garbage coins beeing pushed up and sold to new bagholders. Imagine we live in a world where the scam Bitconnect was pushed up into the top 10 of cryptocurrencies. If I just steer some people away from shitcoins into a valueable project which could have a deep impact, its fine for me. If you think I am shilling, I do not care. This one will go up and there is nobody who can prevent it. Wink

This text is neither complete nor does it give you full informations, dont be lazy, read and research or lose your money on bullshit coins.

Thank you for this kind of information,  last few daysi really planning to invest in iota but i was hesitamt since I've never heard anything about it but because of this maybe I'll try. 
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 12:26:10 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 11:02:37 AM by generalizethis

IOTA and RIDDLE&CODE partner to enable the industrial internet of things https://blog.iota.org/the-iota-foundation-and-riddle-code-partner-to-enable-the-industrial-internet-of-things-a861962e5575

H.W.P

Activity: 602

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:26:13 PM

IOTA, in fact, did not grow yet, it always moves in the same range, as you think, is it worth buying this asset now or it can be adjusted low and you can buy it there.

yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:52:25 PM

Interesting article and interesting discussion - WZL x GCX x IOTA — Status Report 05 Conclusion on Micro-Payments, Secure Audit-Trails and Zero Marginal Costs

https://medium.com/industrial-iota-lab-aachen-wzl-of-rwth-aachen/wzl-x-gcx-x-iota-status-report-05-bd73734eac2b

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/ab6uz9/wzl_x_gcx_x_iota_status_report_05_industrial_iota/
mehmet312

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:23:40 PM

Many say that it will show its growth and will be one of the most promising coins. But for a very long time, nothing has happened. Personally, I do not believe in this coin, I believe in others.
Nothing happen because of the market conditions, which coin did big things in 2018, there is almost any coin which could get good profit in 2018 because we are still in bear market, after bear we can talk about iota again.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 10:02:38 PM

Many say that it will show its growth and will be one of the most promising coins. But for a very long time, nothing has happened. Personally, I do not believe in this coin, I believe in others.
Nothing happen because of the market conditions, which coin did big things in 2018, there is almost any coin which could get good profit in 2018 because we are still in bear market, after bear we can talk about iota again.

Yeah, it's hard to think that when IOTA is a made standard that the market won't realize that billions of IOT devices will likely be using it.

newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:58:36 PM

Yeah, it's hard to think that when IOTA is a made standard that the market won't realize that billions of IOT devices will likely be using it.

I have also invested a lot in IOTA as I like the idea of the project. However, I was expecting that its price would grow. I still have a hope that this altcoin can reach at least 5 dollars this year
dikobraz123

Activity: 88
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:08:30 PM

Interesting...
                      https://cointelegraph.com/news/iota-foundation-partners-with-incubator-nova-to-fund-startups-using-blockchain
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 07:42:51 PM

IOTA is an attractive investment due to the number of commercial partnerships it has manged to established. This gives it both real world use and extra approval from an investor standpoint

ConvallAria

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:06:37 AM

Yes, this coin is really very promising. I believe that the market will go up and this coin will give a very good profit to investors.

yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:53:56 PM

IOTA CAR-WALLET by Accessec -  https://accessec.com/car-wallet/?fbclid=IwAR0bbgAra62V6FNWt_Ani5zi6v3xK4CXyNqefIPNH0ukJYZ-k3qdgUMffGQ

English translate from subreddit discussion thread:

We are especially proud to launch the New Year with our two innovative and IOTA based Car Wallet and Point of Sale (PoS) demonstrators! The Car Wallet with the universal PoS remote station enables automated payment for services as well as mutual authentication and authorization. The demonstrators were carefully analyzed because development was subject to a rigorous Secure Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) process from the beginning. Among other things, detailed threat modeling and risk analysis of the individual components were carried out in order to minimize potential risks. For this reason porting and integration of the Car Wallet and PoS solution into any vehicle control unit or PoS charging station is easily possible. The two demonstrators are making great progress in digitizing the processes and making it possible to pay for virtually any service. We are happy to present you the demonstrators at an appointment and give you a first insight into their functioning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/azeju8/iota_carwallet_by_accessec/
jhontwis

Activity: 756
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:54:22 PM

IOTA was also affected by the price decrease in the market. I heard about the deal with BOSCH. Then the market was turned upside down. It needs a positive wind blow.
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:58:23 PM

I am not so familiar with IOTA. But I have been involved with IOST lately. Can someone who has knowledge about both projects enlighten me about pros/cons of both?

Thanks Cheesy
aamirsuh

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 09:40:06 PM

I think IOTA will come to better places in the future. The price will rise much higher. However, we should not hurry. Because I'm not seeing any new money.
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 08:33:13 PM

Iota was really big 2 years ago.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/iota
Now this coin needs to make some big improvement and news to top the chart
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 06:51:19 AM

2 years ago, i really expected big thing from iota. it can be top 5 coin of market. but there are lots of bad specs about it. and it will down to 15 iin totalmarketcap.

i dont think it will enter top 10 again.
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:09:53 AM

As far as I know their development is quite good so far, Dude, it's not easy to make big projects like IOTA, they are displaced from the top 10 in the coinmarketcap because there are many good projects that also get that position, fair competition occurs in a project
CryptoCADCAM

Activity: 128
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 06:45:27 AM

IOTA CAR-WALLET by Accessec -  https://accessec.com/car-wallet/?fbclid=IwAR0bbgAra62V6FNWt_Ani5zi6v3xK4CXyNqefIPNH0ukJYZ-k3qdgUMffGQ

English translate from subreddit discussion thread:

We are especially proud to launch the New Year with our two innovative and IOTA based Car Wallet and Point of Sale (PoS) demonstrators! The Car Wallet with the universal PoS remote station enables automated payment for services as well as mutual authentication and authorization. The demonstrators were carefully analyzed because development was subject to a rigorous Secure Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) process from the beginning. Among other things, detailed threat modeling and risk analysis of the individual components were carried out in order to minimize potential risks. For this reason porting and integration of the Car Wallet and PoS solution into any vehicle control unit or PoS charging station is easily possible. The two demonstrators are making great progress in digitizing the processes and making it possible to pay for virtually any service. We are happy to present you the demonstrators at an appointment and give you a first insight into their functioning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/azeju8/iota_carwallet_by_accessec/

Intereresting .. got a buttload of IOTA a couple of months ago. Hope it all goes well. just gotta hodl strong people.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:24:31 PM

What i like about IOTA is the fact that it was real world use by major companies. BOSCH is just one of many that have started to use IOTA, there are names like VW that are floating around. This is going to be a top 10 coins one day

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: