Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:35:01 AM

I think it would be better to hold Bitcoin.The price of all the coins is now less.Bitcoin is increasing day by day and the price of altcoins decreases day by day.Now buy altcoins short time trading seems like a risk.Bitcoin can safely hold.Bitcoin is the safest investment.
Bitcoin is great investment no doubt in it. You can’teven think of bitcoin as dying currency so, if you believe in this fact that bitcoin will stay longer than better is to make bitcoin as you investment. Prices for bitcoin is increasing day by day and a time come when there will be so short number of bitcoins and only those will be profitable who would have held bitcoin with them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:35:13 AM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

It's actually depends on someone's capabilities but sometimes shit happens as we didn't expect it's coming.
Since the current price of bitcoin is in the sky and while the alts are left behind I switch to swing trading from day trading as the big whales now are also into swing trading so the pump and dump are hard to achieve as well as the day trade. It's kinda risky though so just hold it when you can bare the risk.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:59:18 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
In trading I prefer to do short-term trading or day trading, usually I get benefit only from small pump pump which often happens. and for me it was so much fun Grin
Short term trading and most especially when it comes to positioning trading has always been a very good one to profit and reduce the risk of losing if you can do it right. I have made a lot from short term and the risks are less if you have a good strategy in knowing how to position your trade. However, it is always good if you have a lot to trade with whereas day trade can help you make a lot even with small bucks.

IMO day trading is better than only hold BTC. But it's also more risky than holding BTC cause you can lose sometime when you made wrong decision. But it'll be ok if you have enough experience and skill in trading Cheesy
With day trading, you can make a whole lot of money in the process if you are smart and can make good quality decisions. It is obviously not an easy task to do but it can be worth it. I have known guys who used daytrading to increase the very little they have been holding for a while. The risk is huge and you have to know how to trade well as you can get burnt when you make the wrong move.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:37:38 PM

I usually do the 3 things because i feel that i need to do the different ways of earning because i want to have an experience and also knowledge about those things so for the next time, i can share something to the people that i learned personally and experienced it full by myself.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
CGPA

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:11:20 PM

Bitcoin hold can be profitable for many.Because the price of the altcoins suddenly can be reduced.It can not be said when it will grow.But Bitcoin is in that state now, Bitcoin hold will be the best.
sandy8800

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:51:48 PM

You should only do day trading if you are expert and have mastered all the skills required to read charts and other indicators. If you are just learning, than it is better to select 3 or 5 coins and invest equal amount in them and hold it for long term. Even if 2 coins wont make you good money, other three will.
cwiney

Activity: 78
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:21:14 PM

Why don't you choose both ways? Grin
You can hold the half of your asset for a long term and use another half for the daily trade. At least when you lost on the trade you still have your asset Cheesy
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:54:10 PM

If you trade Bitcoin and are good/lucky enough to time the buys and sells correctly, then you will make more money trading than holding. I have had times when the price of Bitcoin had a big increase and I sold, but the the price kept rising and I lost out on some more big profits. My suggestion is to hold some Bitcoins for long term and trade a little. This way you are doing both and you won't miss out of big gains like I did. Another negative to day trading is that it takes a lot of your time if you want to do it right. You have to be watching the charts every day.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:29:47 AM

Holding BTC,
Pumping BTC

They are the best now
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:34:52 AM

Why don't you choose both ways? Grin
You can hold the half of your asset for a long term and use another half for the daily trade. At least when you lost on the trade you still have your asset Cheesy
this is way more effective if you have big amount of BTC.
If you have a skill to analyze chart or a people who love consuming their day and time to researches the news or anything related with bitcoin. Daily trading is suitable for you

Tozex