Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:33:52 PM

In my opinion depend on the skill and psikilogis of trading that we have, if we dont have skill and can not control emotion for the better just hold strong fundamental coin like BTC and ETH, by make investment in these coin is easy way to make profit.  And if we have skill in altcoin trading(Paired BTC), better do short trading because the price of BTC going up fast now. And for longterm altcoin trading is very risky, because mostly altcoin now their price just pump dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:47:06 PM

The thing with trading is that it is very hard to consistently pull off profitable trades (every single day if you day trade). It all sounds great, buy low sell and everyone's coin will moon at some point and some other blablabla. But 9/10 times  (especially if you are trading in the current market) you will find yourself with coins that are worth 50% less than you bought them for. So what I like to do is capitalize on big market moved. Let's say the China crash of early September. We watched the price tank down and at around $3200 I've started buying the dip and a lot of big personalities in crypto did as well (e.g. Tuur Demeester openly tweeter that he was buying the dip). So you really want to capitalize on those kind of moves instead of investing in 20 altcoins or ICO'S.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:47:33 PM

For me because I dont have time to analysis the market and also sometimes I can not control emotion during trading, I prefer to hold BTC for longterm investment. By hold BTC is good idea and easy way  to gain profit from market. Day trading only fo expert trader and for  trader who has patiently.
rodskee

Activity: 2324
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:54:46 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

defenitely the day trading is profitable but very risky but depends on your skills how to handle your investment, bitcoin holding are the best investment to hold for long term become profitable for the future.

jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

defenitely the day trading is profitable but very risky but depends on your skills how to handle your investment, bitcoin holding are the best investment to hold for long term become profitable for the future.

not all the times you can earn on doing day trading, even if you got skills on how to handle your investments you cant still predict what will happen on the market therefore luck is still needed in order to earn a profit when trading. i believe holding is the best way to earn big income and also easier to to do than day trading because you dont need to watch the price oftenly but overall both of them has a risk.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:28:31 AM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

I'm sure holding longer-term bitcoin will be surely profitable, bitcoin is keeping evolving and widely used. As comparisons look at bitcoin price from 2009 to nowadays the increments are huge. And I if bitcoin keep gaining attention I bet the price will continue the uptrend movement
Ading123

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:30:46 AM

For me in my opinion it's better to sell BTC in short term trading. Because you will never know when it will pump and dump Smiley as you can see there is a time which bitcoin getting dump and other coins will rise. Better sell it in short term trading then buy again if the price will dump.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:00:59 AM

Same here, I also have learned my lesson well in short trading. I did the same thing as you did OP and ended up more losses when selling until I decided to stop doing trading and go for long term trading instead. I left almost all of my altcoins on the same exchange site as I did when I did short term trading and just hold those coins for a couple more years, anyways it was my spare money I used to trade so I don't really need it yet as of now.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:14:10 AM

So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
The volatility is high so i would go on investment in short periods of time, depending of the marketplace trend. If you can make a bonus of, let's say 1 dollar then you are on the right track, the result is positive, not negative. The same goes with bigger amounts of money.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:30:58 AM

Day trading seems so complicated as it requires more emotional control that in a daily basis. This management is hardly been effective as a human are full of mode swings and it will be something to be avoided at first hand. You were right, holding in long term is the best thing to do because it only requires patience and trust to bitcoin. And that is easier to achieve.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:09:44 AM

So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

day trading is pretty hard as it requires eye coordination to watch the charts movements everyday and also it requires great timing to sell and make a profit. short term trading is good on bitcoin becuase bitcoins value is incresing in a short time and lastly  holding btc or long term trading is also good and verry easy to do because you will do nothing on it rather than checking the price once a month or a year , though altcoins is the best on this.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:44:38 AM

Instead of trading in other altcoins if you had investment money in bitcoin as part of your day trading routine you would have made a lot of money by now because the price of bitcoin is on the rise for a very long time and when the price of bitcoin keeps increasing and if you are a day trader in alt coins,shit like these happens,look at the market and make up your plan to be profitable.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:06:38 AM

For this purpose there are two very usefull tools. One is stop loss. place a limit where you sell at a loss, but is a loss that you expect you can recover from. The other is play with coins you believe long therm and where you are bag holding, just wait. the market have cycles and you you are in a red or even black cycle you just wait.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:41:45 PM

Any business based on bitcoin, would surely bring a good return to the owner now. As you said, if you have held the bitcoin you had, would have brought more profit by now. Still you have good time now. Better buy few bitcoins or earn bitcoins form this forum and hold what you earn. You may certainly get more profit including the one you expected earlier.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:50:27 PM

Bitcoin is fit for long term investation so just purchase bitcoin today and wait 1 year = PROFIT

Let's compare with short term , as I know bitcoin trading quite risky because their value still volatile compare with wall street trading
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:06:07 PM

Bitcoin is fit for long term investation so just purchase bitcoin today and wait 1 year = PROFIT
1 year is long term? That's still what I consider to be a short term investment. At this point it's safe to say that people who are looking to cash out some of their profits with the intention to buy back at far lower levels ($2000-$3000'ish), will definitely end up in a big disappointment. Especially when you consider that institutional capital is knocking on Bitcoin's doors.

Let's compare with short term , as I know bitcoin trading quite risky because their value still volatile compare with wall street trading
Lol. Traders are explicitly looking for volatility, which is something they can't get enough of. So no, it's not at all a disadvantage of any sort for these people. Of course, there is more overall risk, but that's what traders agree with when they are looking to benefit from this market's wild fluctuations. Also, you can't just compare Bitcoin's blatantly thin market with how insanely liquid stock markets for example are. Bitcoin's market needs time to catch up and eventually end up with more overall stability.
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:16:13 PM

Any business based on bitcoin, would surely bring a good return to the owner now. As you said, if you have held the bitcoin you had, would have brought more profit by now. Still you have good time now. Better buy few bitcoins or earn bitcoins form this forum and hold what you earn. You may certainly get more profit including the one you expected earlier.
Yes buy more now and save it for the big profit in the future because bitcoin can be able to give a big profit for those holders of this coin and also those earlier investors who holds bitcoin for a long time and earn a profit.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:55:05 AM

Actually, day-trading is not a good idea IF you have a small capital invested in cryptocurrency. Small investors usually find themselves having a big LOSS in trading (daytrading) bitcoin because their small investment can't actually take the price adjustment. In average, bitcoin price change by plus or minus 5%, but in these past few weeks, bitcoin price has tremendously rise up by an average of almost 10%-20%. The problem here is that, if these small investors invested $100-$500 in bitcoin these past few weeks (price is $7,400), and the bitcoin price dropped suddenly by 20%, then that would be a less $100 from his investment. Holding is still the ideal thing in cryptocurrency.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:14:47 AM

Short term trading is also profitable, Even that your gaining small profits it will still grow when you save it all. Holding btc is more profitable but still you need to use some of your coins for your daily needs so i prefer that you should trade everyday and monitor the market if you use bitcoins for living.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:33:05 AM

It depends on what you want but all of your example terms is profitable and of course much better if you hold your bitcoin for long period of time because value of bitcoin are non stop to increase and if you have huge bitcoin it can generate huge amount of profit. But if you have small amount of capital much better to invest in in short term like trading and icos just you need time and more effort to research for good coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: