Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:32:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
NIEX_88

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:47:43 AM

If I think personally, day trading is better than holding BTC. Although we get a little profit but by using day trading system we can get profit every day. This is better than we want a big profit but we wait very long by using the BTC holding system. The key is only 2 words "patient and not greedy". Greetings success and profit, and do not cutloss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:22:07 AM

In my personal mind it depends on the skills and psychology of each of us. If we don't have this two points enough then we can't control our emotional status and may panic sell everything that we have.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:51:06 AM

In terms in profit you will get more in day trading but in terms in risk there is a higher percentage when it comes to day trading rather than just holding btc for long term.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

In my personal mind it depends on the skills and psychology of each of us. If we don't have this two points enough then we can't control our emotional status and may panic sell everything that we have.

I agree with you because there are too many things that will happen in the cryptocurrency and if we are not ready then we cannot make any profit and we are going to lose much money. I think it is better to just hold bitcoin if we don't have any skills and we cannot control our emotional status and we are going into panic situations. it still safe to just holding bitcoin and don't take a look at the market in every day to avoid panic situations and we stay calm if the worst thing is to happen.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:53:41 PM

I agree. There is no the skills nor emotion control then i'm sure that we may panic sell when the market fluctuate.
Now, many people are joining the crypro market without preparation of knowledge before, this is too dangerous because the movement of market is very big, we can easy many coin that its price can go up or down more than 30% in a day, if we can't know what is happening in the market then many potential you will buy at high price and sell low price.
The best we should learn all knowledge before. If we have knowledge we can give exactly decisions in this market.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

You should always have this kind of a sense in this case. What you shold hold, what you should sell, I would just ask guys in similar sittuation, what would they do.
Denis Danilov

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:11:54 PM

Only holding, because this is only way for the growth capital.
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:55:11 PM

If I think personally, day trading is better than holding BTC. Although we get a little profit but by using day trading system we can get profit every day. This is better than we want a big profit but we wait very long by using the BTC holding system. The key is only 2 words "patient and not greedy". Greetings success and profit, and do not cutloss.

built-compartment in any case trade much more interesting and were the days, whose or investment. the fact is that if you will be more attracted the attention of trade, the quality of your income will increase uniquely.
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:09:44 AM

In terms in profit you will get more in day trading but in terms in risk there is a higher percentage when it comes to day trading rather than just holding btc for long term.
Day trading is what I also consider as the most profitable form of trading as far as it is done by using a volatile asset like bitcoin that actually shows some changes within 24 hours but it demands too much work and is tough too. Even A person who well understands trading as well as the digital market cannot deal it with ease.Hooding is the easiest job and short term trading is easier than day trading.

BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:22:13 AM

You have learn a hard lesson there Man and everyone here has his or her own story to tell on how one has lost money in one way or the other. One thing is for one to realise his/her mistake and work toward not repeating same thing in the future.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:02:17 AM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
I think the right way to trade is an only long term.
You buy it and silence it a few months, then we can see that the price keeps increasing.

And buy it should be at the right time. Suppose February to March a few months ago when altcoin was completely destroyed. Well, we can see it now, the market is on fire and it's more than 50% rise compared to last month.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:35:48 PM

That thing with trading it is very hard to consistently pull of good and profitable trades (especially if you try to do it every day). It all sounds great, buy low and sell high, but most of the time you will see that what you've bought before is 50% of price than it was when you bought it
sajeebur rahaman

Activity: 224

I love Beauty

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 07:41:46 PM

The small movements of the market are very difficult, So I will tell you to invest for long time,When the market's small movements can boast itself, it will be able to boost itself

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308

Swipe!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:23:38 PM

Holding BTC for really long may be the most profitable strategy available Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

That depends on your capability either as an investor or trader. If you have a good knack on how the market words, and you can commit to actually follow it closely, then trading can be a good alley for you because it could really give a lot of profit, and the good part about it is the idea that you can get it seemingly real-time, unlike holding, which is a passive venture so to speak because you would only need to buy, and basically, forget about what bought until such time it would be ripe for selling.

jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:36:23 PM

I think that at the moment you should trade bitcoin in the short term, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and it is difficult to guess, bitcoin prices are also fluctuating a very large day so if you Long-term investment in bitcoin will be very dangerous. In addition, bitcoin prices are also bearish.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:24:55 PM

Time and skillset which you have are the most important things and that they are the most significant things in helping you in making this choice of going for either short term investment of money or long-term investment of money. I will personally go for long term investment of money but if you want to make fast earning, then you must rely on short term investment of money or day trading.
klasik1980

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:33:39 PM

If you just look at investors historically day traders have never beat long term holders. Take Warren Buffet one of the most successful investors of all time. What does he do? He buys companies and holds them for a very long time. He DOES NOT day trade.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:44:41 PM

Time and skillset which you have are the most important things and that they are the most significant things in helping you in making this choice of going for either short term investment of money or long-term investment of money. I will personally go for long term investment of money but if you want to make fast earning, then you must rely on short term investment of money or day trading.
Right.As far as i know,day trading really needs more experience and skill.You cannot just buy anytime and end up at loss.You have to study all its chart movement so you will be knowledgeable if its best to make day trade that time.If you're not so sure about it,you can choose to hold your investments for a long time.Many have become rich too following this method.

Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:58:12 PM

I believe that at the present time you should trade by day, you can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are constantly adjusting in huge amplitudes and will survive a lot of risk if you trade them. Therefore, to minimize the risk and control the capital you should trade, have specific plans on profit and stop loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: