Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this the next Bitconnect?  (Read 170 times)
Evanston45 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:10:37 PM

www.dropil.com
Claims to give up to 6% returns monthly, but team is not anonymous and it’s based in California. If they planned on scamming folks, would they post their names, profiles etc? Thoughts?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barhavsky

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:14:27 PM

maybe but bitconnect is one lending project that lasts long enough.
there are many ico projects for lending that offer substantial revenue so that many people are interested in investing in the project in the hope of gaining huge profits quickly but in reality most projects are scam or just a matter of time to close.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:26:19 PM

Generally I am of the assumption that anything offering a guaranteed return is a ponzi scheme. 6% a month is over 100% a year, I don't think there's any investment that can guarantee such a return.

As far including their personal info, firstly we can't verify that it's actually them, secondly people will do a lot if they're going to get rich from it.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

What they "claim" is irrelevant. Most people you see on these advisory boards and team member pages are most likely fake pictures from other people, fake names... anything goes to make a project seem legit in order to get as many noobs as possible involved to steal their bitcoins.

Bitconnect had some real people promoting it too, I mean just look at that Carlos guy which turned out into a meme. There can be a mix of real and fake people to confuse investors.

In any case, any "guarantees" in financial terms should make your scam alarms go on.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:37:17 PM

www.dropil.com
Claims to give up to 6% returns monthly, but team is not anonymous and it’s based in California. If they planned on scamming folks, would they post their names, profiles etc? Thoughts?

Not exactly a scam, but their business model won't sustain.
One bad call on a short or long position and their whole holdings can get liquidated.

Look at HomeBlockCoin , they are basically a smaller version of BitConnect, and their price is dipping hard, suit the scammers!
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:40:28 PM

Why do you need this pyramid? It is worth a lot to think about, and then think again, why do you need this project? Why invest there money? Because in my opinion all these projects are nothing but financial pyramids, I think you'll understand what I mean.
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:41:33 PM

www.dropil.com

Trust your intinct, if you suspect this coin to be the next BitConnect BCC then so be it.
You just did the right thing because people in this forum will then aware about this suspected coin that would be the next BitConnect soon and people would get rid of it.
There are so many projects that deserves support and more investments rather than this ponzi scheme lending service etc.
Well, I think not all Lending coins are scams, it might be Bitconnect just fell because they could no longer support their clients and customers and perhaps this one might be better than BCC.
Anyway, the important thing would be investors should research first before hitting invest button and they found this isn't right then so be it.

pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

www.dropil.com
I have checked the developers and yes it has high chance of being a scam project,these people shouldnt be allowed to enter an ICO stage because they dont want to be in public surely there will something they are planning to like what the ponzi schemes do,At first they will give a good ROI and after they have enough money surely thats the time that these people will have an exit plan.Stay away from these priojects and always search the team's profiles.

manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:46:06 PM

Definitely seems suspicious. Goes without saying it's probably not worth investing in.
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

A successful ICOs has a quality product/services to offer,has its own platform or atleast wallet,has a good founder and developers's profile backgrounds,has a good whitepaper and roadmap in their website,these are some of my standards of choosing a good ICO project,why would need these ?Because of the ICOs today are created just to raise funds and eventually scam most of their investors,doing a lot of research would lessen the risk of joining scam ICOs.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:05:49 PM

Generally I am of the assumption that anything offering a guaranteed return is a ponzi scheme. 6% a month is over 100% a year, I don't think there's any investment that can guarantee such a return.

As far including their personal info, firstly we can't verify that it's actually them, secondly people will do a lot if they're going to get rich from it.

I believe this thought and I'm also kind of same thinker. I don't like it when someone claims few things which are off the chart and jaw dropping. How can anyone afford that much payouts of they are getting pennies out of the investors and that too who are greedy enough to not to put much investment into their project. Also, not only this, but they do claim that for initial months until when they grab huge profits and in the later months they start putting different layers on the whole project. Then they don't usually get any new investors except the noobs falling for it and loose credibility. And there it is the scammers list.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:12:46 PM

www.dropil.com

To be honest like 6% return monthly is high if we talk about guaranteed return which means that over a year you will be getting 72% (6%*12months) return guaranteed which is high and thus why you shouldn't trust them that much.

Since they are new firm without any major history, even domain name was registered in November last year. I wouldn't put my money in this system.

"Dex is our intelligent trading system that will invest your Drops according to smart trading strategies." - yep could be seen as bitconnect due to this Dex is basicaly a trading bot. I'll have to look into them more but I don't see my self investing in them.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:21:19 PM

Every project that has a guaranteed return is 99,99% a scam. You don’t need to verify team if is it real or not. There is nothing that can make such a gauaranteed return so it will no stand for long!
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:24:38 PM

www.dropil.com
Obviously it is a scam there is no way for a coin that will give 6% returns monthly although it was lower than Bitconnect's daily profit which is 1% but still it's still too good to be true since banks offers 5% interest per annum if you decided to save your money at the bank and also, the price is always determined by the market except they will put their exchange just like bitconnect did before they collapsed. I suggest that to stay away from that site.
waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:09:15 PM

In these projects like Bitconnect I would not even invest a penny. The cryptocurrency sector is very risky but investing in this project for me is like throwing money out of the window
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:59:16 AM

www.dropil.com

Not all scams hide their team. So of the more sophisticated ones create fake profiles. I would be very sceptical of anything that is promising percentage returns.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: