Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Laws about Crypto  (Read 1267 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:00:35 PM

How to find out about local laws about crypto currencies in a country? Do we have to consult a lawyer or are there any online resources that can help too?
In my country, I have not yet heard any news on bitcoin regulations or its status in the eyes of the government, so not sure if I can sell bitcoin and get the payment directly to my bank or not. Don't want to land in any trouble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onefifth

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:04:31 PM

there is no regulatiton also in my country... if someone sell BTC, can deposit directly to bank account...

but central bank do some research on BTC and ALTs... so i think they r gonna make some regulations
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:49:45 PM

Where do you live? There may be a regulation in your country or nothing at all.
Most countries doesn't has regulations about cryptocurrency, but consider it as asset or commodity.
Check in here; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory
You don't have to consult a lawyer for a small transaction below $10,000
You can sell bitcoin for cash and withdraw into your bank account if there's an exchange which support local bank in your country.
ettessuta

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

How to find out about local laws about crypto currencies in a country? Do we have to consult a lawyer or are there any online resources that can help too?
In my country, I have not yet heard any news on bitcoin regulations or its status in the eyes of the government, so not sure if I can sell bitcoin and get the payment directly to my bank or not. Don't want to land in any trouble.

Bitcoin out of the control so that you can’t find law for it may be when  add your ID and verify your account may be your will under law control 
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:40:01 PM

In my country having bitcoin isn`t prohibited, only by its regulation isn`t yet clear (floating). However, central bank will crack down only on the adopters only, such as shops, supermarkets and other buying and selling services.
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:56:40 PM

Since bitcoin is starting to skyrocket and I got in pretty low (right after the china crash) I'm looking at the local laws in my country just in case bitcoin hits 10.000$. When bitcoin hits 10.000 dollars I would be willing to cash out. So what I've found on the local laws in my country is that you would have to pay a sh*tload of taxes when cashed out. Since the law is pretty unclear bitcoin is considered a speculative asset and therefore falls under gambling and I would have to pay 33.3% tax (which is straight up theft). I'll probably look for a good accountant to find me a better solution.
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:59:36 AM

I think going to ask a lawyer is the best thing to do if it is available. But if not, mr. Google is always open to be consulted with, the news are instantly being shared through this channel. If in your country you haven’t heard of any news, it’s maybe your not watching enough on the specific news agency who covers about government policy. In my country there is a chance for you to ask questions to an attorney on the spot that is live on a tv shows.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:17:57 AM

Maybe the best thing to do is to consult a lawyer and ask him about the status of cryptocurrencies in your country or if he has no idea then you can just search in the internet or ask here in the forum in your local group if you have one maybe they have an idea of your status. As for my country, the government did not regulate yet cryptocurrency but they are aware of it since I have seen some news coverage about it and just warn the people to be vigilant always and investigate first where the people will put their money because it is a highly speculative investment and if in case they lost their money then the government cannot backed them because it has no legal implications yet.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:46:43 AM

Maybe the best thing to do is to consult a lawyer and ask him about the status of cryptocurrencies in your country or if he has no idea then you can just search in the internet or ask here in the forum in your local group if you have one maybe they have an idea of your status. As for my country, the government did not regulate yet cryptocurrency but they are aware of it since I have seen some news coverage about it and just warn the people to be vigilant always and investigate first where the people will put their money because it is a highly speculative investment and if in case they lost their money then the government cannot backed them because it has no legal implications yet.
This is the thing should really be done first since lawyers are always aware on the possible new regulations on any country which if you do tend to ask or consult about crypto then they can possibly answer you or not but would still depend on the level of awareness of the country into cryptos because I do tried out to ask about bitcoin on my friend which is a lawyer and he do answer me that he is already awared on its existence but our country doesn't still make a move or make a word regarding to it which it hasn't been banned or treat as an illegal stuff.

Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:10:49 AM

Neither did I...
Here in my country (Philippines), there's no specific law pertaining to cryptocurrencies. There's no such laws are being implemented yet. But im sure we can still violate a law when using cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies can be also use for crimes like money laundering and other illegal things. So it will be better if you consult a local lawyer pertaining to that matter. Because we have different laws because we are on different nation. Or you can search google about laws implemented in your country for that matter. Anyway, you have not given us your location. It will be harder for us to give you an advice.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:34:08 AM

you can try to visit your local central bank about the laws and regulations of the bitcoin aand other cryptocurrency, if hey are aware with that then they will give you guidelines and other documents to comply regarding cryptocurrency transcactions.Most common requirements are the KYC- Know Your Customer and AML- Anti-Money Laundering laws.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:10:27 AM

I see that bitcoin in your country is not legal but not ban but in order for you to have some information regarding local bitcoin status or bitcoin in your own country, you do research of your central bank news as every nations economic status regarding monetary and some national economic aspects will always depend on Central Bank affiliations, reports and influence as the rule of the Central banks is more on economics securities of the nation.
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:44:25 AM

In my country, Philippines, Bitcoin is just still on development. There are still a lot of my fellow citizens that are not familiar with Bitcoin. But the government did make a statement about it. They said that they are happy with the Bitcion activities as it helps in the growth of the economy of the country.

This means that the government is planning to have full support on Bitcoin. And so, it will go with the flow of the increase of demand of Bitcoins in my country. It will also contribute on encouraging people to join Bitcoin.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:02:15 AM

Maybe You Can make A topic Regarding on your question in the  Local Board or Search From the Internet if you want to know. There are so many Informations That I have Read in this Forum that Says Bitcoin is not yet Regulated in any countries but is well adopting it.
You don't have to Consult a Lawyer because it cannot Help you, best way is to ask Bank staffs for sure information.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:23:14 AM

If we are talking about small amounts the government doesn't track such payments. You will have no problems anywhere except those countries where there is no direct prohibition on the use of cryptocurrencies. Control over the income of citizens in each state are different. So if you do not pay taxes on these amounts then you can be prosecuted for tax evasion. It depends on the country.
cammie16

Activity: 462

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:58:15 PM

In my country, Philippines, Bitcoin is just still on development. There are still a lot of my fellow citizens that are not familiar with Bitcoin. But the government did make a statement about it. They said that they are happy with the Bitcion activities as it helps in the growth of the economy of the country.

This means that the government is planning to have full support on Bitcoin. And so, it will go with the flow of the increase of demand of Bitcoins in my country. It will also contribute on encouraging people to join Bitcoin.

Yeah, Im happy that bitcoin will receive full support in our country. Our government is open-minded about cryptos. But I just hope that our government wont have any plans about putting tax in bitcoin transactions. You know, BIR is expert in doing this.  Grin

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
genolica

Activity: 121
Merit: 7

◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:05:52 AM

it'll be recognized, soon. but i fear that there is a possibility of tax implementation, as it can be abused by local governments

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:52:40 AM

I think even some lawyer (those ordinary) doesn't know about any local news regarding bitcoin, maybe those who works in main government office (big time lawyers) can answer your question. But that's quite hard because I'm sure they have NO breaks, they are always busy. But you can still try!
And most online resources are not accurate nowadays so be careful, but it will still depend in your country. In my country there are to many scam sites, news, so I don't know what am I going to believe in. Huh
regan101

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

At this early age of crypto currency, the government has no intervention yet as to where to get involve in the business. The transaction of crypto currency will just grow by itself without the knowledge of the government.
partysumo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:58:04 AM

In case of large amounts, I would consult a lawyer for sure. A lot of money coming out of thin air may be suspicious and you wouldn't want unnecessary attention. If there are no certain laws/regulations, definitely consult a professional.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: