Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 05:57:43 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will you do if your country bans bitcoins?  (Read 3636 times)
qiman

Activity: 448

CRYPTO Chinese Translations - I am your man!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 02:38:16 PM

I doubt it will happen here as Europe is way ahead of the curve where it comes to Bitcoin technology. Worse case scenario we move to another country if possible. I do not now what else I would do if it was banned in my country of residence. I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions? I could buy a passport to go to Liberland but it costs 10k Euros I think which I do not have spare at the moment.  Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pri3oner

Activity: 84

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:39:26 PM

It doesnt matter for me, Im from Russia now  Grin

Hypnosis00

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:41:46 PM

I hope it will never happen, and I do not know what to do when it does happen, maybe I will continue using Bitcoin but I have to be careful when Bitcoin is banned in any country, which means who is trying to use Bitcoin , would be a crime and they would be punished for their actions. But I think there are still some ways to use a program like VPN to hide my IP address
That can be an alternative to just use bitcoin in your country if they will ban it but for me, there is no good reason for banning bitcoin because if they will ban bitcoin then they will not get the possible benefit and potential that bitcoin has and that is why the countries right now might not ban bitcoin and instead they will accept it as a great currency.

█
           ███
          ████   ▄
         ███ ███▄█▀█
        ███   ██   █
   █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   █▀
  █           █   █▀
 ▀▀█████▀▀▀███   █
██
    ███ █   █   █ ██
   ███   █   █ █   ███
  ████████   █████████
 ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   ██▀▀▀▀▀▀
            █▄▄▄█
  ▄█
▄███

████    ▄
████  ▄██

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
██▀  ████

████
     ███▀
     █▀
A  G A M I N G  R E V O L U T I O N  I S  O N  T H E  W A Y
|      FACEBOOK      |      SLACK      ▀▀▀▀      WHITEPAPER      ▀▀▀▀      TWITTER      |      TELEGRAM      |
  ▄█
▄███

████    ▄
████  ▄██

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
██▀  ████

████
     ███▀
     █▀
Infek

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:44:30 PM

I will use vpn and try to find people to change bitcoins.
spngebob

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:46:19 PM

I guess the titles says it all. What will you do if that happens?
I am not sure how they will do that but if they ban bitcoin I guess I will still use it.
They can ban bitcoin but they can ban me from going to country next to me and sell it to someone and certainly they can't ban me from using it in any way.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
orions.belt19

Activity: 168

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:48:32 PM

If my country prohibits bitcoin, I can only choose to give up bitcoin, this is no way. However, I will always pay attention to bitcoin, and I believe Bitcoin will become increasingly influential around the world. I will wait until my country is willing to accept bitcoin.

Yes, well then i would have to give up on bitcoin because once my country chooses to ban, I wouldn’t take the risk of illegally possessing coins because I still fear our land’s laws and respect it. It would sadden me of course, but I’d rather be a law abiding citizen honestly speaking. I wouldn’t want this to happen and I strongly believe that in the future, most countries would have positive outlooks for bitcoin and perhaps even better - would choose to adopt them. Bitcoin is on the path towards better adoption worldwide.

Oasisman

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

If that happens to my country, well, I'll still use Bitcoin. COz what i have understood regarding this question is. Governement will only prohibit any Bitcoin related transactions inside the country, I think they cannot totally phase it out since Bitcoin can be used Internationaly.
But im pretty sure this scenario will not happen here in my country , Government is starting to embrace the Idea of Cryptocurrency. We already have an exchanger and can easily convert it into our own currency , and its legally registered. So why are u afraid of the possibilty just be positive Bitcoin is Decentralized and it cannot be controlled by anyone, not even the Government.

hh4mmm

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:15:44 PM

well as for me in such scenario i will moved further to the next country were bitcoin is not ban and still acceptable, i wouldn't like to be a victim but in my country bitcoin is really going round.

Yudam

Activity: 154

Mon Ra

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:22:51 PM

My country forbids bitcoin? that's hard for me, what's more for a new to know about bitcoin. But I think when bitcoin prices are as high as it is now it might not will happen   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I just can change IP on my Computer if  that happen  Grin Grin Grin

shinjunobi09

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:25:56 PM

Well life goes on if that happens then I am just gonna continue my work at the office or even try looking for a job that offer a lot of salary which can afford my habitual of expense and try establishing a business of my own.
gabbie2010

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:39:22 PM

For the fact that I am holding bitcoin now I.e buying and selling anonymously without the interference of any government agencies invariably the government that does not know that I am holding bitcoin cannot ban it, and this is one of the most outstanding feature of bitcoin not decentralized. I do exchanged to fiat most of the time without the knowledge of anybody.

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
Adelajda

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:45:47 PM

It doesnt matter for me, Im from Russia now  Grin
What happens when you are from Russia,do you think that you are good enough to get things rolling  Tongue I am not sure what i will be doing if the government bans all the exchanges in my country. I have to find alternative sources to buy and sell bitcoin,which i think will be expensive once you get a ban.
dettihegedus

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:49:41 PM

if my countries ban bitcoin, i will have no choice but using my bitcoin in other countries that accept bitcoin for buying and trading then ship them back to my country. but nowaday every countries are getting accepting bitcoin, so it will no longer until the world accepted bitcoin.

◆▬▬▬ MICROMONEY ▬▬▬◆
TOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
A Feeder

Activity: 29

Don't Invite me into Games cuz I'll Feed the enemy

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:51:10 PM

I will exchange all of my bitcoins into ALT coins, my country cannot possibly trace all types of altcoins. I expect that the other cryptocurrencies will still be able to play as an electronic money.
Toolsparker

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:52:13 PM

I think i will travel to another country if the bitcoins get banned here because if bitcoins get banned i can't make so much money with bitcoin anymore and i won't have any use in bitcoin if i can't buy anything with it.
Gotottack

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:05:11 PM

If my country bans Bitcoins, there is nothing much I can do but be amenable to it. Simply put, moving on is key! Nonetheless, I do not think our government can ever do so IN AN INSTANT because it would require for them to spend so much to track down all transactions that pertain to Bitcoins. It will not be easy for them; nevertheless, I have to prepare for it if ever that time comes. As they say, let us cross the bridge when we get there.

I am not entirely sure how everything will be when banning will be executed for good. I am a bit scared but we have to submit ourselves to governmental control for the good of majority.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Slow death

Activity: 644

Need a Campaign Manager? https://goo.gl/qpZyp7

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:06:19 PM

Shocked

Oh I did not see the title... Joking.

" what will you do if your country bans bitcoins? "

well, my country is country of third world and in legislative Assembly politicians spend hours sleeping or are discussing personal life, technologies are little explored and the members of the party that governs of my country they exploit every opportunity they have to get rich and leave the poor to depend of luck. That being said if I was someone rich and banned bitcoin in my country, I would simply move to another country.

Only someone who has no money would stay in their country if they banned bitcoin in their country.

Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:07:26 PM

but the prohibition is only limited as a medium of payment using bitcoin, while in the case of bitcoin ownership has not been banned, if bitcoin later on banned both as a medium of payment and ownership of bitcoin, then all traders in the country we will be trading in the market outside our country, because until now bitcoin is only used for trading
ghost424

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:09:03 PM

There are many bitcoin users in our country and if that happens. Im sure that a lot of bitcoin users will appeal it in the court of appeals. They will explain why banning bitcoin is wrong and they must first learn about bitcoin and the uses of bitcoin before they restrict the use of it. Bitcoin is a source of extra income in our country and it is helping a lot of people that has no stable job. They must first establish a convincing reason why to ban bitcoin. They must also educate their-selves about bitcoin so they know how to use it and they might change their decision.

ruzel13

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:11:09 PM

I will still buy and trade bitcoin because I can use it for international transactions like online payments such as buying software and games. They can ban bitcoin but they can not stop it.

◆▬▬▬ MICROMONEY ▬▬▬◆
TOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.