Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 02:55:42 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will you do if your country bans bitcoins?  (Read 3672 times)
gambitcoin53

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:11:26 AM

i think a country cannot do so, or the government can't, because it is very difficult to track down bitcoin users, traders or seller alike, and any counrty doesn't' have the jurisdiction over an internet based currency, who will they ban? what company? the whole bitcoin? it is impossible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◉ DITCOIN ◉ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Business Driven CryptoCurrency
Unique Approach▬◉◉◉▬Untraceable Coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masterbt

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:36:33 AM

If a government bans the bitcoin. Still, we can utlize it to pay for some products or services and also you can get the fiat money for some fee using foreign currency and convert it.

My Idea Helped You, GIFT BTC
||
Enyanha

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:50:59 AM

I live in a developed country and it does not threaten me. And in general, I do not see the point in banning. I think we should start reguate to withdraw the crypto-currencies from the shadow economy.
Realtoreel

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:54:17 AM

I dont think that this will ever happen to europe, but in case there are some countries around the world i would also like to live in  Wink

[url=https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=X
azhar700

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:05:55 AM

What I'm worried about when my country forbids bitcoin is an internet problem, if my country has banned bitcoin, then it's likely that a bitcoin-related site will be blocked.

And the exchange problem, there are some exchange sites here that I use to sell bitcoin and convert it to fiat (because here bitcoin can not be used for payment equipment, then I have to exchange it first), if the site is closed due to this prohibition problem, it will be more difficult to using bitcoin. But I will not give up so easily, there will be an alternative to still be able to use bitcoin, maybe I will make VPN as an alternative. Smiley

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
lesfrigosa

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:09:48 AM

I will move to another country because i can make more with bitcoin in a year then with a job in my country which i also have been working a year and right now i have earned way more with bitcoin than with that job so i could easily choose bitcoin over my country.
neya

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:10:07 AM

I wish it will never happen.and if this will happen i will ve sad.i earn in bitcoin and it helps me a lot speacially in financial needs.but maybe its impoaible to happen now.bitclin is so popular now.the only priblem here in our country is the internet connection which #1 need while earning bitcoin

noorammak

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:12:58 AM

If my country ban bitcoin, that wiill not be a problem to me, i can use another way like exchange my bitcoin into digital fiat currency, many banks in my country still accept exchanging bitcoin into digital fiat, then i will use that fiat money to pay for everything.

◆▬▬▬ MICROMONEY ▬▬▬◆
TOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
ZaynDale

Activity: 70

cedex.com

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:17:53 AM

There is no specific countries that are banning Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies, what they actually banned are the cryptocurrency exchange because they protect their sovereign currency as well. After China declared cryptocurrency exchange banning they know what they are doing and they build their own laws and regulations regarding the management of cryptocurrencies. Actually they're making their own crypto currency and everyone can use Bitcoin or any Altcoins as they like but the users are using foreign cryptocurrency exchange to exchange their tokens and coins and convert it into Bitcoin.

Vladcrypto20

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:18:42 AM

I think the wised course of action would be to not engage with the activity and sell all of my crypto stuff as fast as possible, because you don`t want to be screwed by the state. However, if the state is a poorly managed on, which does not impliment it`s policies, like for example like in the Balkans, you should be find and all you have to do is be off the grid Smiley
tomkat

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:21:09 AM

What I'm worried about when my country forbids bitcoin is an internet problem, if my country has banned bitcoin, then it's likely that a bitcoin-related site will be blocked.

And the exchange problem, there are some exchange sites here that I use to sell bitcoin and convert it to fiat (because here bitcoin can not be used for payment equipment, then I have to exchange it first), if the site is closed due to this prohibition problem, it will be more difficult to using bitcoin. But I will not give up so easily, there will be an alternative to still be able to use bitcoin, maybe I will make VPN as an alternative. Smiley

There's no need to block anything. They just need to announce that crypto is illegal and implement adequate regulations, like it was in China.
It's obviously the nasty way, and it will likely to create black market, so it would be much better for governments to regulate and take advantage of crypto.

█
                                                          ██
                                                         ████
                                                         ████
                                                        █ ██ █
                                                        █ ██ █
                                                       █  ██  █
                                                       █ █  █ █
                                                      █  █  █  █
                                 █▀▀▄▄                █  █  █  █                ▄▄▀▀█
                                  █   ▀▀▄▄           █   █  █   █           ▄▄▀▀   █
                                   █      ▀▄         █   █  █   █         ▄▀      █
                                    █    ▄▀         █   █    █   █         ▀▄    █
                                     █   ▀▄         █   █    █   █         ▄▀   █
                                      █    ▀▀▀▄    █    █    █    █    ▄▀▀▀    █
                                       █       ▀▀▀▄█   █      █   █▄▀▀▀       █
                                        ▀█             █      █             █▀
                                          ▀█           █      █           █▀
                                            ▀█        █        █        █▀
                                              ▀█      █        █      █▀
                                                ▀█    █        █    █▀
                                                  ▀█ █          █ █▀
                                                    ▀█          █▀
                                                      ▀█      █▀
                                                       ▀█▄▄▄▄█▀
                                                         ████

A N K O R U S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  Blockchain Asset-Backed Tokens
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
=
  A N K O R U S 
  WHITEPAPER
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
» ANN THREAD
» MEDIUM
» REDDIT
» LINKED IN
ZaynDale

Activity: 70

cedex.com

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:21:14 AM

If my country will ban Bitcoin then my country is the only country that never understand cryptocurrency as the future of my country's economy. But if they really do, I can still use my Bitcoin, convert then into US dollars then send it to my local bank account. That's it! Very simple. Nobody can cripple or stop cryptocurrency because it is decentralized and every state and government cannot stop you earning Bitcoin anytime of the day.

ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:29:33 AM

Btc is an international currency and it is not limited to just a particular country and therefore someone can go on with international trading if your home country bans it. Even some country in the world like china bans it but people of this same country continue to embrace it and trade with it. This means bitcoin will remain in circulation throughout the whole world irrespective of any government policies.
brainape

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:37:52 AM

i think a country cannot do so, or the government can't, because it is very difficult to track down bitcoin users, traders or seller alike, and any counrty doesn't' have the jurisdiction over an internet based currency, who will they ban? what company? the whole bitcoin? it is impossible.
yes my country can't do that because its very difficult for them to banned bitcoin because there are many ways that made bitcoin allowed i means people use VPN, thats why they cant do that and instead of that if they want to banned than they will must need to shut down the whole internet and this is simply impossible.

miss.M

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:40:00 AM

I think i will use it to buy things in other countries and sell it here so that i can use my bitcoin and i convert it to our local money. Or i will asked my friends, relatives in other country if the bitcoin is not banned there i will ask them a permission to help me to convert my bitcoin in our local money. There are many ways i think that even the country banned bitcoin there is a chance if they want to have and make the bitcoin as their source of income.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Main-ICO | Coming soon...
norahm

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:40:50 AM

Any government will try to get its hands on it, they'd want to control it because that's what they do- control wealth.
That's (to me at least) most of its appeal.
Buboestabber

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:43:15 AM

I dont think that this will ever happen to europe, but in case there are some countries around the world i would also like to live in  Wink
I agree because europe is not a place where bitcoin will be banned because bitcoin is not looked at i think that only country's in the east will ban bitcoin because there it is most likely that they don't like bitcoin.
kimpena

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:53:18 AM

I guess the titles says it all. What will you do if that happens?
Well actually I don't know what to do. But maybe if that thing will happen, I will just convert all the bitcoin I have in that time. I will just follow the law because I don't want to get to jail just because of bitcoin. Yes, bitcoin helped me a lot, but I also need to follow the rule. If it is not allowed to be use then I will not use it.

[ Globitex ] Linking Digital Currency to Global Trade
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⇩⇩⇩ Download WHITEPAPER ⇩⇩⇩ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  FacebookTwitter LinkedIn Reddit  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
KourtneyK

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:05:29 AM

I honestly don't know what I will do if ever my country bans bitcoins. Because that will be mandated by the government so I don't think there is much we could do as a citizen of our country if the government would not allow bitcoin in the country. I might as well just wait until it will be legalized because eventually that's what happens most of the time.

wildan88

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:09:44 AM

Maybe I was frustrated, because bitcoin is my main job, during this time I was very comfortable working with bitcoin. but I think as long as lots of ways to keep using bitcoin it doesn't matter I still can use vpn. like a few months ago, my country banned the use of bitcoin, but I was lucky it was only a speech alone without any blocking.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄