Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Max 25GH/s coin  (Read 296 times)
LowHighlander (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:03:10 PM

Hey sorry if i'm posting in wrong place

I think the world needs a sha-256 coin that only can be mined whit up to 25 GH/s
but i don't have what it takes to make it happend.

Is there some way to make a coin that can do it ?

just a thought Huh

LowHighlander
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
100bitcoin

Activity: 858
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:13:36 PM

I think the world needs a sha-256 coin that only can be mined whit up to 25 GH/s
Do u mean the max network hash power should be capped at 25 GH/s?

Try Bitcoin Gold (which still is a vaporware). They have forked bitcoin to mine on Equihash, which is a hashing algo used by Zcash for long. Zcash network hash power is still far lower than 25 Giga Sol/s (in Equihash H/s is replaced by Sol/s). So, your cap is still maintained.

p.s. You are proposing an Alt coin. So, this post belongs to Altcoin Discussion.

LowHighlander (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:21:29 PM

The reason i ask i because i am a owner of a
GekkoScience 2Pac 5-25 GH/s
and want to make use of it, and it is a sha-256 miner. Smiley

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:56:51 PM

You could make a new regular altcoin and just not share the code with anyone. You could mine it all day long with 25 Gh/s, and there wouldn't be any more hashrate because you're the only one mining it.
LowHighlander (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:49:02 PM

It would be smart enough, but how long would it take before the coin gets any value.

correct me if I have misunderstood something
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:52:55 PM

It would be smart enough, but how long would it take before the coin gets any value.

It would probably not have value since you would be the only user. But it would have only 25 GH/s, and you'd have quite a lot of the coin.
LowHighlander (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:33:19 PM

It would probably not have value since you would be the only user. But it would have only 25 GH/s, and you'd have quite a lot of the coin.

okey, so the number of miners determines the value of the coin.

Would it be possible to lock the difficulty so that with a maximum of 25GH / s, only 20 coins per month could be mined.

The above is only an exemple.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 11:05:17 PM

okey, so the number of miners determines the value of the coin.

Would it be possible to lock the difficulty so that with a maximum of 25GH / s, only 20 coins per month could be mined.

The above is only an exemple.

The value of the coin is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. I could create some coin, get a million miners mining it, but if no one wants to buy my coin, then it is worthless. The number of miners is unrelated to the price. I'm not sure what you mean by a max of 25 GH/s with a max of 20 coins to be mined, but you can change the difficulty every block to adjust for the hashrate so that 20 coins, or a number close to 20 are mined in a month total.

If you are trying to get some money from your miner, maybe mine new SHA-256 coins that aren't on exchanges and hope they are listed?

taking a break - expect delayed responses
LowHighlander (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:15:42 AM

DarkStar_

It makes sense what you write about changing the difficulty of each block, but I have no idea how to do it or how to figure it out, because unfortunately I'm not so good at numbers.

I think I should look for new sha coins, just thought I had a good idea, but the more I read about cryptocoins, the more confusing it becomes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: