Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13240 times)
FLUZFLUZGLOBAL

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:46:50 PM

I don't think it's time to be greedy, and it's clear that bitcoin is speeding up, at least by the end of this year, and it looks safe now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:51:59 PM

Not just because you are holding bitcoin, you are greedy? No. It's investment and you should know how to take care of something valuable, look at the stocks market. Traders and brokers out there knows how to play with the market, they are mostly holding and they have some stocks for day trading too. I don't consider that greedy but they are knowledgeable on what they are doing so holding is a strategy and a way of investment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:59:29 PM

I don't think it is being greedy to keep your coins safe for the future, as long as you do not have your life savings involved and you are prepared to make a loss by just holding then you will have nothing to worry about once it finally hits the top and you are rich Smiley
Actually Well don't understand the meaning of greed therefore we are arguing for it. It doesn't even seems wrong to me if someone with a hope to increase wealth invest life savings into bitcoin and hold it for sometime. Greed for bitcoin will be if I have bitcoin and I don't want my friends and family to keep bitcoin and I tell them to sell it to me or I make a theft plan to their bitcoin holdings.
Greed is something in which one desires that only I should have this particular thing.
Raihan050

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:01:10 PM

People holding bitcoin as long as they can than when the price is rising they was sell it & take their profit.

so, It's not called greedy.

X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:24:25 PM

It's just being smart about what you have right now, same as investing into established assets like gold, precious metals, real estate, stocks and the likes. Institutional investors might disagree with you on this thing since they try to maximize their wealth for better living and to ensure that they will live their life to the fullest. Being greedy is wanting all that you obviously don't have and shouldn't have, but trying to maximize anything that you have possession with to reward you with greater value is being smart IMO.

I could not agree more! I liked how you have mentioned here that holding on to something with the belief that its value could potentially increase is being smart. I also think that for people who can afford to hold on to some of their bitcoins are those that have bitcoins in circulation too because they know that putting it out there may help increase its value too! It is, again, just a matter of being smart with what you have as you've put it. 👍🏻

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:36:09 PM

no. i don't think that holding bitcoin is greed or being greedy it is just being smart in terms of money making we all know that how hard the life for us average joe so, we are doing anything for money in order to survive in this world and if you thinking holding bitcoin is greedy, then i'm sorry we are just grabbing the opportuntity that bitcoin gave to us and we aren't letting it pass.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:41:31 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I don't think that holding bitcoin is greedy. There are so many reason why some of us are holding it not because they want it to get higher or the maximum worth of it but we hold it for emergency purpose so that if emergency came I have money or I have a way so solve it quickly by just using this Bitcoin. That's my reason why I hold my Bitcoin but I don't know the others reason why they hold their bitcoin.
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I think this cant be called a greediness but instead it should be called a smart move in which is natural in trading. You will be a true greedy if bitcoin become less and you don't want to share it to anyone because you want it only by yourself but there is a lot of bitcoin left in which everybody can keep more than they want as long they have money to purchase and invest as for me if i have plenty to purchase i will hoard as much as i can for the future in which in cant be called a greedy but a strategy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mukeymon

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:50:56 PM

All investors invest all their money into bitcoin and they expect to make the most profit possible so keep it as long as possible.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

My personal view is Bitcoin has very good future and it is an awesome field to invest on. 
It went 1000% up in last 12 months. Even if you bought BTC a year ago, you would have x10 times investment by now..

So it is not greedy to hold BTC, still it is in up trend ! Boom. Moon !  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 
Holding is the better and safe way to earn bitcoin, and i know is not greedy if you are holding your bitcoin, also i think it is a wise decision to do to your coin, holding it for long time.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:40:33 PM

it depends on your motive on how are you going to do with your bitcoins because in trading its only the nature that you acquire bitcoin in taking advantage of the market, i think greediness will only take place if you owned a lot of bitcoin that makes you significant to the market that enables you to control the market
crustez00

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:13:04 PM

Umm, i don't think this greedy term can be used in holding for long time investment. Because in everyone mindset of long term investment, in my opinion to hold longest and gain much wealth from their investation. but, i get it your idea. why not spend some like that? or sell some? well, depends on the holder if my opinion  Smiley

Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:20:46 PM

I think that is your concern. but it could happen something worse, as you think and say. yes I think this is where the risks we have to face every time.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:11:43 PM

If that's the definition of greedy then any money making activity would be, trading alts, join ICO etc. I hodl bitcoin to gain appreciation, not about short term and long term, in a world where crypto might change completely this is way of hedging the risk.
Greed is the curse because now a lot of the people are having the greed that they want o learn and they want to earn very fast but it is not the good at this time investment is the different thing but for this you will have to keep the patience and the proper planning to be the bitcoin user. It is the bitcoin that will give the things we need for the future and this will make the future best and the secure.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:19:48 PM

If that's the definition of greedy then any money making activity would be, trading alts, join ICO etc. I hodl bitcoin to gain appreciation, not about short term and long term, in a world where crypto might change completely this is way of hedging the risk.
Greed is the curse because now a lot of the people are having the greed that they want o learn and they want to earn very fast but it is not the good at this time investment is the different thing but for this you will have to keep the patience and the proper planning to be the bitcoin user. It is the bitcoin that will give the things we need for the future and this will make the future best and the secure.
being greedy is not bad it may become a good way for you to earn more , just like that you may hold it because you want to play safe and you want that your bitcoin are in a safe way. Investment is a good way also but some are afraid of that.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Manchumichael

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:22:44 PM

being greedy is not bad it may become a good way for you to earn more , just like that you may hold it because you want to play safe and you want that your bitcoin are in a safe way. Investment is a good way also but some are afraid of that.
yup not exactly it is greedy. If you are looking for a long time investment, then it is not greedy. But if you are looking for a short time profit then I think you will miss many right opportunities to make a good profit because of your greediness.
DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:45:36 PM

My personal view is Bitcoin has very good future and it is an awesome field to invest on. 
It went 1000% up in last 12 months. Even if you bought BTC a year ago, you would have x10 times investment by now..

So it is not greedy to hold BTC, still it is in up trend ! Boom. Moon !  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 

Bitcoins are currently the best you can do. The course is arranged so that it is very profitable. You better keep and then enjoy the profits than kick or trade.
jer

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

But is it possible to buy gold for example, or art objects for literate investment is greed? Bitcoin gives each of us money and it's wonderful. In addition, it's still not the time when you can safely spend bitcoin. At least because there is nowhere to do it.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:53:36 PM

I don't think hodling btc is being greedy. It's just like you having acquired a gold bar or a gold jewelry. You value it and keep it safely in your safebox but you're not considered as greedy person. In fact, hodling is good for the community because it contributes with the scarcity of supplies which led to a higher price in btc due to high demands.

jityap

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:58:54 PM

Holding bitcoin is good investment plan,this not greedy and bitcoin can hold till expected price is reached.some time we hold future benefits,this own trading business not greedy at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: