Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13240 times)
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:07:13 AM

Yes, you can say as everyone wants better Returns on their investment so they try to hold their Bitcoin for long time. But I think this a right decision to hold Bitcoin and cannot be termed as greediness. If a person does not sell Bitcoin even if he needs them and wait for price to rise more then that can be claimed as an act of greediness.
We cannot say holding bitcoin would means of greediness. Users holding of btc because of the reasons to get earned profit. Most bitcoin holders this is the reasons for holding btc, the advantages to have an income online.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
udayantha11

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:09:15 AM

In my view holding is good.. But time to time withdraw.. Otherwise you not enjoyed... We have touch fresh money othwerwise not kick

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
migueltiu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:12:43 AM

I don't think that holding bitcoin is greedy. An individual who's aspirant on become rich someday should not be thrifty. Bitcoin is a matter of investment just like in stocks. If you maintain your bitcoin in your wallet for a long term, it could increase or decrease because one does not know when bitcoin would reach their margin and decrease. As of the moment, I believe that Bitcoin is on the verge of increasing it's value since more and more investors come to realize that Bitcoin would be the next good thing.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:24:12 AM

No, It Is the Wisest Way to Invest Bitcoin. If i Hold my Bitcoin For A Long Time Then Nobody Will Matter Because it's All mine How Can they say that i am greedy if I own The Bitcoin haha, but Not Too much Holding may you will be also called Hoarder, maybe you can convert and Withdraw Twice A Month Since Every month Bitcoin Price Goes up. Just Keep Holding Bitcoin Don't mind Naysayers.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:25:39 AM

Holding bitcoin is not the way of being greedy because if you are holding bitcoin then you are just holding to the hope that the price of bitcoin will go up even higher and when that price is reached in the market then the price will give a lot of benefit and there is nothing to worry about bitcoin because it is still young and it will give a lot more surprises for us.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:32:49 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

well i would like to be greedy , why do you even say that ? holding btc is the most profitable things if you have time to observe and buying when its low and sell when its high , just easy peasy but if someone saying that holding btc is greedy , i think that was for other things such a fairytale and other mindless story  Cool , nb : do you personally believe that curse is real ?

danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:44:06 AM

Why would investing in something you believe in is greedy?
Think of the people who invested in shares issued by Coca Cola decades ago!
Of the people who bought Apple shares and didn't let go when the company went down!
Of the people who believed in the internet and became early adopters or the people who saw an opportunity in Google's search engine and became experts in SEO!

I believe that Bitcoin's value will keep on increasing for now, so it's a sound investment.
Keep your coins a bit longer before bailing ship!
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:00:28 AM

I think it's not being greedy for I have a right to hold it. I earned it with my patience and my perseverance so why it would be greedy? If you get it without any conflict with other people and if you don't oppress anyone it's not a bad thing and keeping a bitcoin for a long period of time is not permanent you can call it an investment but not greed. And holding it for a long time is a good move because it can increase its value so you can sell it at the right time I think it is wrong to call it greedy because I or We put a lot of lots of hard work to earn it.

Your absolutely right.  Holding bitcoin is not greedy,  it's called smart strategy. We have the right to hold. Do whatever we want to do with our bitcoin. We gain our bitcoin because of our hardwork so it's our price. We deserved it.
helars2008

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:14:57 AM

I think the word "greed" being applied to those who are hodling on their bitcoin is too much.
It is thwir right to do what they want to do with their coins.  They can sell it if thry want too or hodl it if they wish too.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:34:34 AM

I think the word "greed" being applied to those who are hodling on their bitcoin is too much.
It is thwir right to do what they want to do with their coins.  They can sell it if thry want too or hodl it if they wish too.
well i believe that holding btc even it is to much is not really greedy i think we must call it as a strategic way of earning .because holding btc is really profitable if we really have patience to wait for the right time to sell because as we have known there are lots of investors or maybe a buyer of btc is really getting profit on it specially when we buy it during low price.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:39:11 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

It is upto your decision of whether you want to sell the bitcoins are 7k or 8k value or you want to hold it for long. Because no one can force you to sell or hold bitcoins. I am just holding only some part of my bitcoin income in bitcoin balance i just convert to fiat currency on all rise as i cannot take risk if tomorrow bitcoin goes dead , let it be that in future the bitcoin will be more high price i am satisfied with small amount of bitcoin investment.

Denamen

Activity: 499

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:12:02 AM

When they invest in Bitcoin, they have to accept risks. Bitcoin maybe likes "Stock bubble or Real estate bubble". The most important is that you have to control your emotion. Do not be too greedy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:34:50 AM

I think this is a misconception, it doesn't mean that if you hodl you are greedy, it.is just.taking care of your investments, if you check on banks, they hold yoir money for a long time, specifically.if.you put them on time.deposits, when it is alrrady time for you to withdraw, there will be fees, and you will just get below 10% of the interest of your money, and that will take you more than 10 years,  and the bank getting money from you, out of thin air, that is greedy, well as for holding bitcoins, bitcoin's value increases through time, but that doesn't mean you're greedy, that's how investing works, your invesment rither gives you capital gain or capital loss.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:27:13 AM

Why would anyone say this greedy , I mean it's just smart of you that you hold your coins and wait for the best value to achieve ( for example now ) .
It's not that you are stealing .
I have seen my friend who has been holding coins for many months and he has made pretty good profit.
In trading being smart and wise is not termed as greedy or stingy, in trading yu are allowed to use your money the way and the time when you want, its not been greedy it is just wise decision to hold your money and wait for it to get more worthy and then either sell it or invest it so to get a high profit
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:46:30 AM

In my view holding is good.. But time to time withdraw.. Otherwise you not enjoyed... We have touch fresh money othwerwise not kick

Holding is good all the time, and you couldn't tell that its time to withdraw since the price of bitcoin is always fluctuating, we could never tell when it will PUMP and DUMP, but there is no wrong and right time also to withdraw your bitcoin, I mean, it is all about getting the right prediction to have more profits after we hold our bitcoin in the long run. Holding bitcoin is not about being greedy, it is about being smart because the more time you spend on holding your bitcoin, the more profits that you could get rather than not holding it for too long.

But if you are going to call it being greedy, then I guess I could call myself a greedy one, a greedy person that wants profits on bitcoin.
Bakemat

Activity: 779

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:52:17 AM

actually its not called greedy people who holding their bitcoin its just like an strategy to them they think wisely to earn more and more they not greedy because if we think carefully greedy means showing intensely and selfishness to desire one thing. i dont think that holding bitcoin is intensely they just wait and when the price go up they only timing it. its good for me because i earn and i have no interference in the other people so as long that i dont make bad for other people just to earn a bitcoin its not greedy for me.
sdmaxx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:08:21 PM

My personal view is Bitcoin has very good future and it is an awesome field to invest on. 
It went 1000% up in last 12 months. Even if you bought BTC a year ago, you would have x10 times investment by now..

So it is not greedy to hold BTC, still it is in up trend ! Boom. Moon !  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:35:22 PM

I think holding your bitcoin is not being greedy because it is a way to make it bigger. I don't know if holding bitcoin is hoarding. Holding it also doesn't affect other people's lives and properties since it is your own money. And I also believe that those who have gained so much in bitcoin through holding then selling are skillful people since they survived its sudden changes.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:36:54 PM

I don't think it is being greedy to keep your coins safe for the future, as long as you do not have your life savings involved and you are prepared to make a loss by just holding then you will have nothing to worry about once it finally hits the top and you are rich Smiley
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:44:26 PM

It's not being greedy, it's being wise. The two has different meaning. Knowing bitcoin will still rise is being wise. Who would sell his wheat in a low price know that tomorrow its value would rise. It's the same thing with bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: