Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Move Bitcoin Wallet from Phone to Computer  (Read 412 times)
sluice (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:24:38 PM

I am using Bitcoin Wallet v5.38 on my Android v6.01 phone. I am about to change my phone and want to move my wallet to my Windows 10 PC. How do I go about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:25:18 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 07:43:54 PM by jackg

I am using Bitcoin Wallet v5.38 on my Android v6.01 phone. I am about to change my phone and want to move my wallet to my Windows 10 PC. How do I go about it?

There are a few ways of doing this.
The safest:
1. Install wallet software if you haven't already, I recommend electrum.
2. Click Wallet>show addresses, right click the address and show its qr code and scan this on your phone to send the funds.

Alternatively:
1. Make a backup and put it on your computer.
2. Look at the how to guides in the Android bitcoin wallet section.
3. You can then sweep these coins into electrum and use them. You can import them.as well but I wouldn't recommend these.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:31:52 PM

If you want to be serious about your bitcoins, you shouldn't be storing bitcoin on a windows machine. Download an user friendly Linux distro like Ubuntu and store your coins there. Also do not import any private keys. To move between wallets, simply make a transaction to your new wallet and that's all.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:01:06 PM

You can either send the funds from your phone to a completely new wallet on your computer and pay the fees or you could find the location where the wallet.dat is stored on the phone and copy it over using what ever method you want.

You could also export the private keys from your phone and import them into the new wallet on your desktop, depending on the security of your phone.
Md.Esamul Haque

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:39:38 PM

You can do this in a few way.
The most popular way is to install wallet software if you haven't already, I recommend electrum.
Then you will click Wallet>show addresses, right click the address and show its qr code and scan this on your phone to send the funds.

Another way is to make a backup and put it on your computer and you will look at the how to guides in the Android bitcoin wallet section.Then you can sweep these coins into electrum and use them.You can import them.as well but I wouldn't recommend these.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:09:27 PM

The safest:
2. Click Wallet>show addresses, right click the address and show its qr code and scan this on your phone to send the funds.

Alternatively:
3. You can then sweep these coins into electrum and use them. You can import them.as well but I wouldn't recommend these.

The most popular way is to install wallet software if you haven't already, I recommend electrum.
Then you will click Wallet>show addresses, right click the address and show its qr code and scan this on your phone to send the funds.

Another way is to make a backup and put it on your computer and you will look at the how to guides in the Android bitcoin wallet section.Then you can sweep these coins into electrum and use them.You can import them.as well but I wouldn't recommend these.

Man, you are making things messed up with your account. Copy pasting is against forum rules.You might not copy the whole thing and rephrase some of the words but still a copy pasting procedure. This would really result on perma-ban.

Talking about the topic this thing isn't really complicated at all since you can easily install electrum,bitcoin core and other desktop wallets and send those funds on that wallet came from your mobile phone bitcoin wallet as simple as that.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:57:15 PM

The safest:

Alternatively:

Man, you are making things messed up with your account. Copy pasting is against forum rules.You might not copy the whole thing and rephrase some of the words but still a copy pasting procedure. This would really result on perma-ban.

Talking about the topic this thing isn't really complicated at all since you can easily install electrum,bitcoin core and other desktop wallets and send those funds on that wallet came from your mobile phone bitcoin wallet as simple as that.

Wow! That's perfectly almost identical. (Excluding an "s" and the link).

And yes, using automatic software ("bots") to post on threads is against the rules. Along with the plagairism grey area.

If you want to be serious about your bitcoins, you shouldn't be storing bitcoin on a windows machine. Download an user friendly Linux distro like Ubuntu and store your coins there. Also do not import any private keys. To move between wallets, simply make a transaction to your new wallet and that's all.

You have to sweep them otherwise coins get lost as there is no "max" function.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: