Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:29:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroneum coin and ICO - issues during launch (unofficial thread)  (Read 1877 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
boba02 (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:01:58 PM

Few days ago we had an opportunity to see a launch of a new project - Electroneum Coin which followed an ICO that's gathered around $40 mln USD. The idea of the coin was to introduce mobile mining and fast mobile transactions. You can find more on project's website.

From the launch at 00:00 AM on November 1st there have been few issues that increased people's concern in regards to this project:

1. Mobile mining hasn't been launched. Cryptonyte mining was launched instead with absolutely no changes to Monero coding (except coin name, obviously).

2. ICO coins haven't been released to the investors. The project's spokesman Contraband stated that there was a "hack". No details have been provided in writing except that the team is working and there is no ETA on the release.

3. 15 hours after the mining started official pools stopped making payouts. Estimated worth of the coins being stucked on those pools is at least 5-10 BTC.

4. The biggest issue - the coin was accepted by Cryptopia exchange operated by the kiwis (NZ). So with the coins being traded at a price higher than ICO price all the investors got furious. They watched miners selling coins without being able to sell anything they paid for.

5. When community started asking questions, the spokesman (Contraband) started deleting posts from the moderated thread.

Let me summarize everything.
4 days after the launch investors haven't got their coins, miners cannot get payouts released, mobile mining hasn't been released and posts are being deleted.

I'll let community make conclusions. Just trying to point out what looks strange to me.

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twd78

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:06:32 PM

Those who complain about not being paid out:
Post your wallet address and let them take a look at the stats
cryptkeeper1979

Activity: 198

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:08:41 PM

I started a new thread as well because of all the shady shit that's going on with Electroneum and community manager Contraband. Here's my 2 cents on it, and as an investor and miner, I'm deeply upset that I've been treated like a piece of shit and censored for no reason whatsoever... HE CALLED ME A SCAMMER! GREAT PR CONTRABAND! Cheesy

My Take:

Contraband the community manager for Electoneum has been deleting all posts that question or bring up issues with Electroneum and the launch. As an ICO investor I have every right to ask questions, especially when my funds are locked up while miners are making a profit and we are sitting on the sidelines. Here are some of the posts he deleted.

Contraband: I wont delete your response to hide the post you responded to because I deleted, as my intention is not to "hide" posts.

Contraband: The post is just so ridiculous. I didn't want to go through one at a time and respond to the barrage of questions that were just pure FUD in my opinion. The devs are not scammers. So for transparency I leave it here so you can read it if you really want to, but believe me, dont waste your time and just move along.

My Response:

Is it though? First of all I mentioned I was speculating, and given the fact 10,000+ miners haven't received a single ETN token from the official mining pools in over 48 hours is bloody odd and should be addressed ASAP.

Also given the fact people spent money on this ICO and are stuck unable to withdraw their funds is unacceptable, as miners who don't have any ties to this project are mining it and making the most profit. Whether or not the dev team has been dealing with a hack, or more likely scenario, they don't have the ETN to send to the ICO holders yet, or even worse they lost their pre-mine somehow, might sound crazy but I have every right to speak my mind and speculate especially after such a shady and unprofessional launch.

What's ridiculous is you censoring this thread, my post and others who are just airing their thoughts and ideas. I'm not trying to spread fud, but it's hard NOT to speculate when a 40million ICO disappears from the world then pretends to be in talks with "Amazon" which is bullshit and add to the madness has mining pools that are stuck and not working. Goodluck being their PR rep Contraband.

Another Poster Boba02 dealing with deleted posts when just asking questions...

Contraband,

The following pools are sitting on Electroneum domain, you announced them, so why now you are trying to distance yourself from what your team had created?

eupool.electroneum.com
uspool.electroneum.com
asiapool.electroneum.com

My approximate calculations suggest that there are at least 5-10 BTC in ETN coins haven't been accounted for and that's ~ 36,000-72,000 USD in today's money.

If Electroneum development team is not going to release those payouts, I guess the community would be curious to know how those money will be spent.

Thank you.

Okay, seems like my posts are being deleted, so I have to repost.
The whole project lacked transparency since day 1 (no details on "hack", no real ETA on ICO coins release and now they don't want to be responsible for the money that haven't been paid by their own pools.

Just a reminder, here is an announce of the pools that hold at least 5-10 worth of BTC in payouts.
Contraband suggests to contact pools' support, but that's apparently Electroneum team.

Quote from: boba02 on Today at 05:29:02 PM
Contraband, would you like to explain why you are deleting my posts?
Am I giving misinformation?
And if not, are you afraid that people may read my point of view
?

Contraband: I sent you a PM explaining that you had, maybe by accident, quoted someone that posted a "quote" of mine that wasnt true.

EDIT: Contraband has threatened me multiple times via PM and has now "added me" to the Scammers list! LOL. I personally have over 2K invested in Electroneum, this is bloody absurd.

EDIT 2: I will continue to add deleted posts by either myself or other members until we get some answers.

Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.280

BTC: 1PP5r4YnGNXo4TFpCX4TKgSjrh9qRmWocn
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:15:23 PM

Contraband continues to delete my posts on the original thread and is calling me a "scammer". This is turning into a bloody comedy.

Latest deleted Post:

Quote from: boba02 on Today at 05:59:11 PM
Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:49:15 PM
Quote from: BranNutz on Today at 05:46:16 PM
Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:41:21 PM
Quote from: BranNutz on Today at 05:38:02 PM

I feel like you are really on top of things Contraband, but you are dodging this question every time.

Why won't the devs comment about the pools they setup and collected 4% on that stopped paying out after 12 hours but continued to accept shares for days?

This is a major issue and a lot of coins should still be distributed to the miners that earned them. Not one word about it is very unprofessional even if they don't want to continue running the pools is no excuse for not paying out or addressing problems.

Please at least address this and don't say contact support. Are you not the support for the community?

I was among those miners too. And tried to draw your attention for 3 days up to the point when you started deleting my posts.
It's not cool from PR standpoint.

Boba I mined ETN on 4 different rigs, all 1070s and 1080s and I haven't had a single payout, I tried US and EU both have literally been stuck for days.

cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:22:01 PM

Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:44:15 PM
Remember everyone, if you see anyone on the scammer/spammer list make a post here, click report to moderator everytime you see them post, so that they get banned or at least suspended from BCT, as they have been asked not to post here.

Right now Cryptkeeper1979 is the biggest issue

WOW, I'M THE BIGGEST ISSUE!?!? HOW ABOUT YOU RELEASE YOUR FUCKING COINS TO PEOPLE WHO SPENT "REAL" MONEY ON THEM!!!

Well it officially looks like i'm dealing with a 14 year old community manager here that has nothing better to do then call me a "scammer" and delete my posts. Next time you drop 2K into a project, let me know how it feels to be censored, deleted, called a scammer and harassed. Buying into ETN was a bloody mistake.

CryptoWhaler

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:24:12 PM

Finally a voice for the voiceless.

I too have had a couple of my posts deleted for "spreading FUD".
When one party does not honor their end of the bargain and subverts all attempts to be held accountable then obviously FUD will set in.
Contraband has gone from community manager to community policeman deleting any posts that don't toe the line.
The launch has been a disaster and we have been denied an opportunity to express our concerns.
I can't wait to dump this pos when I finally receive this coin because my relationship with the team is now beyond repair.

boba02 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:26:42 PM

What's funny, I would understand if developers didn't give a pig's arse about their communities when coins were launched by enthusiasts with no funding 3-4 years ago.

But now, when they have a community of investors, they still don't give a damn.

Not cool at all.

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:34:47 PM

Finally a voice for the voiceless.

I too have had a couple of my posts deleted for "spreading FUD".
When one party does not honor their end of the bargain and subverts all attempts to be held accountable then obviously FUD will set in.
Contraband has gone from community manager to community policeman deleting any posts that don't toe the line.
The launch has been a disaster and we have been denied an opportunity to express our concerns.
I can't wait to dump this pos when I finally receive this coin because my relationship with the team is now beyond repair.

Yea it's seriously the most unprofessional thing I've encountered in a long time. I spent over 2K on the ICO and also mined on 4 rigs, and all I get in return for asking "hard" questions is deleted posts and "adding me to the scammer list" because I'm speaking my mind. This thread and the one I started in Altcoin Discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357879.0 can be used to speak freely about what the fuck is really happening. I'm not going to sit idle and be censored after investing 2K into this bullshit project that can't even take "Monero" out of it's code base.

Here's another deleted post by Contraband:

Quote from: contraband on Today at 06:09:37 PM
Yes, the bottom info of the pic. I did not say anywhere.

I quoted this so you and everyone else can understand, but Ill delete your post again because I dont want people seeing that and missing this.

Please understand, I cant let false quotes of me to stay up.

Im sure that makes sense.

Response from Boba02:

Not, it actually doesn't make sense.
I raised a question about pools holding payouts, you suggested to contact the pools, I posted a pic showing that the pools were launched by your team and then you started deleting my posts.

From where I'm standing it looks more like your team threw you under the bus by letting you handle PR on all the mistakes they made. And being under a huge amount of pressure you employed a technique of ignoring questions that you couldn't answer. Then you gave wrong answer (by suggesting to contact pool support) and then you started deleting posts when we insisted.

CryptoWhaler

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

What's funny, I would understand if developers didn't give a pig's arse about their communities when coins were launched by enthusiasts with no funding 3-4 years ago.

Not cool at all.

And (un)surprisingly those projects end up being successful because the "enthusiasts" know exactly what they are doing.
They way they have hyped ETN, I have a feeling their team is all marketing and the dev side is really wanting.
The AWS devs should have been hired from the get go. Hiring them now shows not only their naivety but they are reacting and not proacting.

On launch this coin was worth 20 cents and now less than 5 cents.
Who know what the price would be when they release the ICO coins to us.
I would be very happy to get 2 cents; doubling up my investment and move on.
I will also not hesitate to sell at ICO price, call it a day and reflect what a lesson this has been.

cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:45:39 PM

Not cool at all.

And (un)surprisingly those projects end up being successful because the "enthusiasts" know exactly what they are doing.
They way they have hyped ETN, I have a feeling their team is all marketing and the dev side is really wanting.
The AWS devs should have been hired from the get go. Hiring them now shows not only their naivety but they are reacting and not proacting.

On launch this coin was worth 20 cents and now less than 5 cents.
Who know what the price would be when they release the ICO coins to us.
I would be very happy to get 2 cents; doubling up my investment and move on.
I will also not hesitate to sell at ICO price, call it a day and reflect what a lesson this has been.

Another deleted post:

Contraband, you do understand that every post delete is being re-posted on 2 different threads.

Altcoin Discussion Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357879.0

Altcoin Announcements Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357920.0

Foxcor

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:53:18 PM

Normally, the project started on November 1, and the mining began on October 30)))
Is not it SCAM?

https://eupool.electroneum.com/#payments
30.10.2017, 15:16:15 d5a8f562ae5fa1682f1bd92b260557adba84b0d477b87a4fb5fd0a6637eeddee 7689.00 0.01 0 1
https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/tx/d5a8f562ae5fa1682f1bd92b260557adba84b0d477b87a4fb5fd0a6637eeddee

See how he refused the question)))
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.msg24023220#msg24023220
I think this project is HYPE !!!
boba02 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:00:31 PM

Guys, here is more.

Project's spokesman, Contraband, started deleting his original posts where he announced mining pools that didn't pay to the miners.

Here is his original post 3023:

And then the post was removed:

And the reason he deletes my posts in his thread is because, according to him, I'm posting images of the posts that he hasn't posted.

Beware of scam:
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:20:30 PM

Guys, here is more.

Project's spokesman, Contraband, started deleting his original posts where he announced mining pools that didn't pay to the miners.

Here is his original post 3023:

And then the post was removed:

And the reason he deletes my posts in his thread is because, according to him, I'm posting images of the posts that he hasn't posted.

Contraband is claiming you photoshopped this image or hired someone to do so. WOW. BRB going to make some fucking popcorn.

Quote from contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.340
"Let me ask you this, since I dont have to delete this post for fake images, did you make that screenshot? Or did you see someone else post it?"

kurret

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

Electroneum plans to put the remaining of the unsold ICO coins into the mobile mining app. I think that as a compensation to the ICO investors that were not able to withdraw their coins, they should instead give these remaining ICO coins to the ICO investors (proportionally to how much they invested). (I only invested like 30$ so I don't have much to gain from this personally, but it would be a decent solution imo)
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:26:11 PM

Hello, my theory, which may also be false is that the ICO coins got stolen by a hacker.
And now, they permit people mining because they need their mining power to recreate the ICO coins.
But i think they won't say it officially and it is better also for us. As that would be catastrophic for them and also the investors.
As people would be afraid to put money on a company who is not safe.
But it may also not the case. I think it is better that nobody know that a company got hacked. It would destroy the project.
The company just want positive comments and no critics to protect the project i suppose.
Let them protect it as this is better also for the everyone.
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:37:56 PM

Keep calm fellas,there was a massive spam attack on their system when they were about to launch and Amazon webs their server hosts, advised them to upgrade their entire network ecosystem to avoid any risks that would have resulted in mostly people getting their coins stolen.
I too have been a critic of all that went by since launch, but I saw a Facebook live video by a guy who went over to their office last night and I saw that the team is working their asses off and upgrading their network which requires thousands of code changes, that is why there has been a delay.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214401757178878&id=1266690811&_rdr

This is the link to the video, if you guys watch it fully you guys will understand what exactly is going on
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:43:16 PM

Keep calm fellas,there was a massive spam attack on their system when they were about to launch and Amazon webs their server hosts, advised them to upgrade their entire network ecosystem to avoid any risks that would have resulted in mostly people getting their coins stolen.
I too have been a critic of all that went by since launch, but I saw a Facebook live video by a guy who went over to their office last night and I saw that the team is working their asses off and upgrading their network which requires thousands of code changes, that is why there has been a delay.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214401757178878&id=1266690811&_rdr

This is the link to the video, if you guys watch it fully you guys will understand what exactly is going on

Understand the team is working their asses off, but asking questions about why our mining funds are locked on the US/EU official pools and why are funds are still locked shouldn't result in deleted posts, censorship and false claims of "I'm a scammer" by their community manager Contraband. He's literally doing everything you shouldn't do in this situation. People are allowed to air their questions, concerns, and frustration without being yelled at and censored.

CryptoWhaler

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:55:51 PM

Hello, my theory, which may also be false is that the ICO coins got stolen by a hacker.
And now, they permit people mining because they need their mining power to recreate the ICO coins.
But i think they won't say it officially and it is better also for us. As that would be catastrophic for them and also the investors.
But it may also not the case. I think it is better that nobody know that a company got hacked. It would destroy the project.
The company just want positive comments and no critics to protect the project i suppose.

This is extremely plausible since I'm also thinking the same.
I have a gut feeling that the hackers stole the premined coins.
The delay we are experiencing is that Electroneum is now forking away at a point just before the hackers stole the premine.
The hackers will essentially be on an unrecognized chain with a worthless premine.
It has happened before where the best thing to do was just to fork away and isolate the hacker; just google "ethereum hack explained"
As an investor I hope I'm wrong but the delay and silence from the official channels is getting me edgy.

cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

This is extremely plausible since I'm also thinking the same.
I have a gut feeling that the hackers stole the premined coins.
The delay we are experiencing is that Electroneum is now forking away at a point just before the hackers stole the premine.
The hackers will essentially be on an unrecognized chain with a worthless premine.
It has happened before where the best thing to do was just to fork away and isolate the hacker; just google "ethereum hack explained"
As an investor I hope I'm wrong but the delay and silence from the official channels is getting me edgy.

Well keep posting on the official thread, and let me know how many times contraband will delete and censor your posts, and if it happens, please re-post the deleted post here so we can continue to keep track of this.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:06:54 PM

Reading from the entire posts showed some anomaly here that I was not expecting to see in a project with so much potential like Electroneuem. I think they should have handled it better especially the community manager. Its true he could be under a lot of pressure especially when things are not going according to plan but that does not mean he should start shutting down objective comments and observations about the project as that alone makes the project lost credibility.
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:20:28 PM

Censoring of negative posts, inability to access any of the ICO coins, promises to fix things immediately. These are bad signs.    We all want this to succeed.  If I wasn't trying to finish, this month,  a civil securities fraud trial that I started prosecuting in March,  perhaps I wouldn't be so skeptical. 

Message to the Electoneum team:  If you got hacked, but the coins are safe, issue a statement saying so.  If you got hacked and the coins were stolen, but you are trying to recover them, issue a statement saying so.  If you were not hacked, issue a statement saying so.  If you have no idea what is happening, keep quiet and lawyer up.

Here is what will happen.  The longer this goes on, the more people involved in the ICO will be calling lawyers.  How do I know?  Because I am getting calls.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. Sadly I put in just over 2K so very much invested in this. Nothing sucks more then being censored based on asking real questions, and then getting blamed for being disruptive and being a scammer. The last thing I wanted to do was make a thread like this, but since I had 4 mining rigs on EU/US Pools and about 4-5k ETN locked in the official pools, not to mention 2K invested in the ICO, I do have questions and concerns, and sadly they are being met with a child of a "community manager" named Contraband who continues to delete my posts and then harasses me and says I'm banned from the thread. Something is fishy and it's making me sick to my stomach.

boba02 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:55:44 PM

Censoring of negative posts, inability to access any of the ICO coins, promises to fix things immediately. These are bad signs.    We all want this to succeed.  If I wasn't trying to finish, this month,  a civil securities fraud trial that I started prosecuting in March,  perhaps I wouldn't be so skeptical. 

Message to the Electoneum team:  If you got hacked, but the coins are safe, issue a statement saying so.  If you got hacked and the coins were stolen, but you are trying to recover them, issue a statement saying so.  If you were not hacked, issue a statement saying so.  If you have no idea what is happening, keep quiet and lawyer up.

Here is what will happen.  The longer this goes on, the more people involved in the ICO will be calling lawyers.  How do I know?  Because I am getting calls.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. Sadly I put in just over 2K so very much invested in this. Nothing sucks more then being censored based on asking real questions, and then getting blamed for being disruptive and being a scammer. The last thing I wanted to do was make a thread like this, but since I had 4 mining rigs on EU/US Pools and about 4-5k ETN locked in the official pools, not to mention 2K invested in the ICO, I do have questions and concerns, and sadly they are being met with a child of a "community manager" named Contraband who continues to delete my posts and then harasses me and says I'm banned from the thread. Something is fishy and it's making me sick to my stomach.

I wonder what happened to the original post posted by Maitre?
I saw it few minutes ago and cryptkeeper1979 quoted it, but then it got disappeared when I refreshed the page.
It's either Maitre deleted their post or forum moderators.

Beware of scam:
kurret

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:37:29 PM

That is what they have been saying all the time...
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:40:01 PM

I'm "officially banned" from the thread for speaking out. He's claiming he spoke with mprep, I have the highest respect for mprep, so if that's actually true, I'll stop posting there... I raise a few questions and IM THE BAD GUY!!? Fuckin hell, grabbin a pint BBL.

Contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.360
Kryptkeeper1979 I am warning you publicly that you are not to post in this self moderated thread again.

The mod mprep told me to write this and if you post again you will be banned

CryptoWhaler

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:53:05 PM

What is the date of ICO?

ICO is over when the 40$ mil hard cap was reached in late October.

cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:04:54 PM

Contraband the apparent "Community Manager" of Electoneum is asking others to report me for speaking out, and apparently out of all the issues Electroneum is having, IM the biggest issue. Wow, just wow.

Quote from: contraband on Today at 05:44:15 PM
Remember everyone, if you see anyone on the scammer/spammer list make a post here, click report to moderator everytime you see them post, so that they get banned or at least suspended from BCT, as they have been asked not to post here.

Right now Cryptkeeper1979 is the biggest issue

Thank you

My Response:
Well it officially looks like im dealing with a 14 year old community manager here that has nothing better to do then call me a "scammer" and delete my posts. Next time you drop 2K into a project, let me know how it feels to be censored, deleted, called a scammer and harassed. Buying into ETN was a bloody mistake.

This was another deleted post from the thread.

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:19:04 PM

I'm "officially banned" from the thread for speaking out. He's claiming he spoke with mprep, I have the highest respect for mprep, so if that's actually true, I'll stop posting there... I raise a few questions and IM THE BAD GUY!!? Fuckin hell, grabbin a pint BBL.

Contraband: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.360
Kryptkeeper1979 I am warning you publicly that you are not to post in this self moderated thread again.

The mod mprep told me to write this and if you post again you will be banned

That's too bad I'm not taking any side but I also invested here, the best way to protect your investment is to get updated and let the team works they are still working on the project they are not leaving us let's give them a chance it's to early to fud

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
boba02 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:22:05 PM

That's too bad I'm not taking any side but I also invested here, the best way to protect your investment is to get updated and let the team works they are still working on the project they are not leaving us let's give them a chance it's to early to fud

Can you see any progress?

I have a habit of taking into account what people do, not what they say. So what did developers do in last 4 days?

Beware of scam:
coinbull

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:54:22 PM

I've been running the mining software on 1 of 3 PCs for days and didn't check on it.  Check out my shitty payout.

https://ibb.co/cOrjOG
wickedabc

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:58:48 AM

Could you please provide more detail about the project...starting with the team of this project?
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:00:05 AM

I've been running the mining software on 1 of 3 PCs for days and didn't check on it.  Check out my shitty payout.

you and me both. I had 4 rigs pointed towards EU/US official pools, 0 payout since Nov 1st.

cafetools

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:09:07 AM

I would rather wait another 2 weeks for official rollout of ETN.

Its better than uncessfull launches when the coin isnt ready.

ETN has its own BLOCKCHAIN. Which is better than %90 of other ERC20 scam ICO's.

I think Electroneum should wait until mobile mining AND ICOI tokens are officially released.

I guess keep checking facebook for updates?

Hoddle long BTC (the mother) and a few others!
legion_miracle

Activity: 331
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:43:25 AM

Much respect cryptkeeper1979 for not backing down. I have not been banned yet, but you have my full support. I can confirm that your screenshots are not faked as I read those same messages. Contraband can try all he wants from the community, but those of us on the other side of the fence from him are quickly gaining support.

1ST EVER CAR TITLE LOAN PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
SHIFT.CASH     █ █ ██████████████████████████████████████ █ █     [ JOIN NOW ]
Website       Whitepaper       Telegram       Facebook       Twitter
composednoise

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:03:46 AM

where to check roadmap?
chockmaddening

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:21:02 AM

On which exchanges will tokens trade?
cafetools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:32:44 AM

Cryptopia and later this month Bittrex and Poloniex.

It will be easy to get exchanges. Real/ good exchanges like coins with thier own blockchain/ mineable chain.

Poloniex especially is very strict with accepting coins. When Poloniex goes live with accepting ETN many others will follow. Bittrex is a good exchange. Exchanges dont/ rarley accept Ethereum based coins.

ETN is luckily not a scam coin that is Ether/ ERC20.

ETN has its own unique blockchain. You can mine on a CPU/ computer, and a phone at the same time.

I am mining ETN right now, its very easy.

doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:03:24 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 08:28:56 AM by doremi

Cryptopia and later this month Bittrex and Poloniex.

It will be easy to get exchanges. Real/ good exchanges like coins with thier own blockchain/ mineable chain.

Poloniex especially is very strict with accepting coins. When Poloniex goes live with accepting ETN many others will follow. Bittrex is a good exchange. Exchanges dont/ rarley accept Ethereum based coins.

ETN is luckily not a scam coin that is Ether/ ERC20.

ETN has its own unique blockchain. You can mine on a CPU/ computer, and a phone at the same time.

I am mining ETN right now, its very easy.

keep dreaming!ETN won't go anywhere more than Cryptopia after so many issues that unanswer yet.
you guys are fucking ignorance that not even realized the consequences of premined coins that  are more than 2x as they was planned!
Cheers!

Is it true you guys are going on Bitfinex soon?

Not sure until its posted. The fact that Electroneum has its own blockchain means that the holy grail Poloniex will accept it.

When Poloniex accepts one, everyother exchange knows its great quality. Bittrex is a lock for sure.

i don't think any well known exchange would accept ETN now,they obviously violated investers right with increasing 100% more premined coin than what they were promised,this alone is a very big reg flag without question,not to mentiond they not even explain why they did this.
this is not an fud but just a fact,if you guys who invest on this ico not even care about your right and don't want to raise your voices,you won't earn the respect and losing money on it is what you guys may deserve.
 Cheers!

for those who bought at $0.01 over 6 billion premined coins,i'm sorry to say that your coin's value has been dilute to $0.005 now because the premined coins is 12.6 billion !
Cheers!

they are double up their premined coins,but......DO YOU GUYS THAT INVESTING GET DOUBLE AS WELL?....that is a question lol
Cheers!

DAMN ETN TEAM, see it for yourself then tell me what can you say.  Cheesy

878ec74ff5f305ba30df3bae5f84bc59c8cb8cfbcc3df12f58dd7e646999892b

What does this mean ^^   Looks like 1.26 billion ETN on three stealth accounts ?? I hope I am reading that wrong

10.26 billion premined!!!!
this is far more than what they said is 6 billion!
cheers!

That was before when they expected around 10k users. Not over 300k. There is not enough coins for the mining app pool. Those coins will be necessary! So many noobs and FUD in here lol. Leaving until you all find something else to move on to. Wow.

Good luck with the project devs, I will be supporting and holding my coins for the future. Hope all the teething problems are sorted out soon.  

This is correct.

Its 12.6 billion coins

4.4 Billion to investors

That leaves 8.2 Billion for mobile miners, which is perfectly fine.

Wow, you guys just dont stop, lol. This was the plan all along. How did you expect the mobile miners to get coins??

show me the new announcement from dev-team then idoit!!!
this alone is enought for a very big red flag!!

I am the Community Manager for Electroneum. There is no announcement necessary. This was what they said would happen all along.

If you are confused, I will help you, but my guess is you are just trying to spread confusion, as you have been doing for months on this thread.

You can raise your Red Flag, but other than a few other trolls, I dont think anyone will fall for your FUD

people who are investing on this ico were invest under the terms of 6 billion coins will be premined,dev team don't have the right to change the original terms bc it will invade the right of the investers!i forseen this coin will be flag as a very very big red flag and will be deny to be listed on many well known exchange,the most worse case scenario would be  public law suit and these ico will treating as a scam project by the regulation agents!!

and you contraband as the ETN manager you will also a criminal due to the role as a colaborator with this scam...cheers!

btw..where is your lovely dev-team who is/are qualify to speak here and backed you up? NONE!!

@dev:
1. how many coins would your team going to premine despite of 6.3 billion ICO?
2. how many coins will left to miners(cellphone,cpu,gpu etc) to mine?
3. how long the mining could proceed(years)?

the questions above only valid to dev team to answer.

DO NOT QUOTE MY POST AND ANSWER FOR THESE QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE NOT DEV OF ELECTRONEUM.

Thanks!

Hi!

1. Actually the ICO is only a max of 5.98 billion as the 6 billion pre-mine for the ICO AND bounty campaign (20 million ETN).
2. There will be 15 BILLION coins left for miners [EDIT - OOOPS! I entered million instead of billion - just to keep you on your toes!]
3. It's a similar emission algorithm to bitcoin, in that the emission slows over time, with ours slowing with each block. It will be 10 years+ before needing a fork or algo change.

I'm sorry I've not been very active here - as a few others have posted I'm on Telegram nearly all the times, so it's a better place to get an answer.

Please read the Technical Whitepaper for more details on emission and mobile emission. You'll find it here:
http://electroneum.com/technical-white-paper.pdf

have a great day!
Richard
Electroneum Founder

cafetools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:08:51 AM

ETN was a record setting ICO right?

BatkaFromMinsk

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:53:32 AM

Finally something of my interest.
cafetools

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:16:14 AM

I wanted to invest here also, but change my mind...
dont believe scammers, which projects adversiting celebrities (like here was Dunkan Logan) or stupid Mayweather in scam Centra

I dont like scam coins like Ether erc20. Thats why I went heavy into Electroneum. Because you can mine it. It has its own BLOCKCHAIN whihc is valuable and rare.

Dr.Bitc0in

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:46:05 PM

Few days ago we had an opportunity to see a launch of a new project - Electroneum Coin which followed an ICO that's gathered around $40 mln USD. The idea of the coin was to introduce mobile mining and fast mobile transactions. You can find more on project's website.

From the launch at 00:00 AM on November 1st there have been few issues that increased people's concern in regards to this project:

1. Mobile mining hasn't been launched. Cryptonyte mining was launched instead with absolutely no changes to Monero coding (except coin name, obviously).

2. ICO coins haven't been released to the investors. The project's spokesman Contraband stated that there was a "hack". No details have been provided in writing except that the team is working and there is no ETA on the release.

3. 15 hours after the mining started official pools stopped making payouts. Estimated worth of the coins being stucked on those pools is at least 5-10 BTC.

4. The biggest issue - the coin was accepted by Cryptopia exchange operated by the kiwis (NZ). So with the coins being traded at a price higher than ICO price all the investors got furious. They watched miners selling coins without being able to sell anything they paid for.

5. When community started asking questions, the spokesman (Contraband) started deleting posts from the moderated thread.

Let me summarize everything.
4 days after the launch investors haven't got their coins, miners cannot get payouts released, mobile mining hasn't been released and posts are being deleted.

I'll let community make conclusions. Just trying to point out what looks strange to me.

Can't beleive they got away with 40 million... so many scam coins.. its so hard to find a good project
boba02 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:38:41 PM

So here is what Contraband says in regards to the official pools holding payouts:

Just dont hold your breath guys. If a pool doesnt work, use a different one.

Thats the response they gave in the video.

And dont shoot the messenger.

Im just being honest on my take on it. Pools that I have seen broken in the past have never paid out coins later, because there is no coins because they were broken.

If you watch the guy who took the video, he said the pool he was on wasnt giving him anything, so he changed pools.

And my response:

Pool's software contains four modules:
- Pool - it opens ports for miners to connect and processes shares
- API - used by the website to display network, pool and miners' data
- Unlocker - processes block candidates and increases miners' balances when blocks are unlocked
- Payments - sends out payments to miners according to their balances stored in redis database.

Two modules stopped/hanged on Electroneum pools - unlocker and payments.
Once these modules are restarted, there is a high chance the payments will be processed automatically.

Now, if Development team is not capable of completing such an easy task, what kind of future this coin will have?

Beware of scam:
Blud87

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:43:25 AM

i also have coins locked in uspool
not too happy about it
at least i got everything from eu

i feel bad for ICO people Sad
cryptkeeper1979

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:42:41 AM

not too happy about it

i feel bad for ICO people Sad

Something doesn't make sense. The ETN team continues to leave updates on FB about their progress of "thousands of lines of code" yet their Github is empty and hasn't been updated since Oct 31st.

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/commits/master

Considering they forked off Monero and still don't know how to remove the name "Monero" from their actual code, I'm super curious what those 1000's of lines of code looks like.

BUT HEY, THEY GOT SOME GOOD LOOKIN COFFEE MUGS!  Grin

rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:53:08 PM

So here is what Contraband says in regards to the official pools holding payouts:

Just dont hold your breath guys. If a pool doesnt work, use a different one.

Thats the response they gave in the video.

And dont shoot the messenger.

Im just being honest on my take on it. Pools that I have seen broken in the past have never paid out coins later, because there is no coins because they were broken.

If you watch the guy who took the video, he said the pool he was on wasnt giving him anything, so he changed pools.

And my response:

Pool's software contains four modules:
- Pool - it opens ports for miners to connect and processes shares
- API - used by the website to display network, pool and miners' data
- Unlocker - processes block candidates and increases miners' balances when blocks are unlocked
- Payments - sends out payments to miners according to their balances stored in redis database.

Two modules stopped/hanged on Electroneum pools - unlocker and payments.
Once these modules are restarted, there is a high chance the payments will be processed automatically.

Now, if Development team is not capable of completing such an easy task, what kind of future this coin will have?

^^^^This^^^^Amen
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

i invested hundred dollars for this and this is unexpected from the team,you have a lot of potential yet you didnt play it well. Undecided

boba02 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:42:48 AM

not too happy about it

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but EU pool released the payments that's already been assigned to the miners and the only reason they were stuck at the pool because of a higher payment threshold.

Trust me, that's just a tip of an iceberg.
People kept mining with that pool and submitting shares and the pool showed no blocks found because two of the software modules hang.
Some people rented hashpower and lost real money.

EU pool probably released $2 worth of coins to some users, but it's still holding $30-60k at least even in today's exchange rate.

And the only spokesperson "Contraband" keeps posting stupid pictures instead of giving any valuable information.

Beware of scam:
ilsshort

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:11:18 PM

Let us take the opportunity to invest in this great project. In addition to a promising and necessary branch in the new times, the Team is committed to take us very far with
Chefironside

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:56:38 AM

I'm already waiting for the 1.nov that my email address is changed for the login. I wrote the support and wrote chat in facebook. until the end of the hunt, no result has been achieved. I still can not change my password that I receive no confirmation email. It only needs to be changed three letters. then everything would be ok again and I could request the new password. So I have until today no access to my account at electroneum.
and nobody writes in facebook chat. and from the support comes no answer. that's too bad
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: