Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:51:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop News  (Read 650 times)
amnhamada (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:32:50 PM

If you are new to the crypto world you properly have been exposed to allot of new terminology that you have never heard before, one of them is the term “Airdrop”.

Airdrops are free coins or tokens given to a specific number of people (random) and are usually used to promote a new coin into the market. Each coin or project have its own rules and guidelines to receive the free coins (Airdrop).

The easiest way to find out about these airdrops is usually to join a group or a channel that list these Airdrops, so that you will always find ongoing airdrops without the need of searching through the whole web for it.

Here is one on Telegram that I use on regular basis

Airdrop News is a free alert service channel for when a new blockchain project distributes free tokens or coins to the crypto community. https://t.me/airdropnews

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 07:40:50 PM

Airdrops are free coins or tokens given to a specific number of people (random) and are usually used to promote a new coin into the market. Each coin or project have its own rules and guidelines to receive the free coins (Airdrop).

The easiest way to find out about these airdrops is usually to join a group or a channel that list these Airdrops, so that you will always find ongoing airdrops without the need of searching through the whole web for it.

Corrections needed on this, you would have been better off calling this thread an Announcement.

Airdrops are not given to a random number of people, it's actually very specific. Airdrops are tokens/coins given out in the exact number of tokens/coins that exist currently on a blockchain that is a target for a hard fork. Anyone who has a wallet with private keys for the target coin will receive the same number they own in the new coin to allow them to adopt the new blockchain and coin if the hard fork is successful. This is called an Airdrop.

Most of what you describe above is an initial coin offering (ICO), which has nothing to do with a hard fork. When a new token/coin is started these coins are either available for purchase or available to be mined. And if you are working for the new token/coin to advertise for them you may receive an allotment of coins as compensation for your advertising work - this is called income...not an airdrop.

ajmal604

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:21:41 AM

Thanks for the above post. As a newbie I was a quite hesitant about what the airdrop was, thanks. Smiley
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:50:51 AM

Im interested in airdrops but is there a guide that allows me to join airdrops even without joining your telegram group?
Just a personal preference of mine not to download or use telegram if I don't really have to.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 08:33:07 AM

i have heard that for deeponion u need to have few in ur wallet to participate in airdrops. is it true ?
amnhamada (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:45:42 PM

Im interested in airdrops but is there a guide that allows me to join airdrops even without joining your telegram group?
Just a personal preference of mine not to download or use telegram if I don't really have to.

Most airdrops require you to join Telegram to participate, there isn't really a guide to get an airdrop as each project have its own rules.
amnhamada (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:49:05 PM

Thanks for the above post. As a newbie I was a quite hesitant about what the airdrop was, thanks. Smiley

Your welcome, but you have to be careful as not all Airdrops are real, there are allot of scam Airdrops out there. and never give out your private keys to anyone!
f1st1y@rt3

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:41:43 AM

I am new in the crypto world and this is very helpfull
Rifler

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:14:15 PM

Can I join to an airdrop for earning money? For example if i have some tokens can i sell them for BTC?
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:16:44 PM

Can I join to an airdrop for earning money? For example if i have some tokens can i sell them for BTC?

Yes there are many airdrops you can earn from but not direct USD. Yes basically that you will get altcoins or tokens and you can in turn sell those for BTC which you can either cash out then or speculate on.

ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:24:47 PM

i have heard that for deeponion u need to have few in ur wallet to participate in airdrops. is it true ?

Yes, the new rules can be found here: https://deeponion.org/airdrop.html

Among other things, you have to have 100 Onions in your wallet to qualify.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
f1st1y@rt3

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:23:20 PM

which pages do you recomend? like airdropalert
bbymi

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:42:28 PM

which pages do you recomend? like airdropalert

I started joining airdrops with just one activity here so it's really possible to get free tokens even as a newbie.

Just visit this thread often https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
and watch out for topics with "airdrop" in the title. Check it out to see if the requirements to participate don't restrict noobs like us.  Be careful though in filling up forms, never give away passwords or private keys.  Most safe ones ask for twitter profile,  telegram username,  btt username, eth wallet and email

Good luck😊
xumpay

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:47:45 AM

New Airdrop , Get Free 100 XUM Tokens and Each Referral +50 XUM
Join Now: https://www.xumpay.com/
#FreeToken #Airdrop #XumPay
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:32:01 AM

Some airdrops give so little of their coins, that it happens to sell them on the stock exchange, you need to pay more gas than do these tokens in general! And you have to buy it. Maybe this is the secret of airdrops?
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:35:23 AM

And yet, who is fond of ardrops here is a link just in case, it can come in handy. I sometimes use it myself, it's even good. But it's better to take part in the bounty and join their airdrop, if there is one!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1435813.640
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: