Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Emerald - EMD, a great cryptocurrency | Version 1.3 released!  (Read 108065 times)
Overspeed

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:04:23 PM

Ok, after lots and lots of fiddling around I still have not managed to get CGminer working with Emerald wallet, everything else I have tried works, Alphacoin, Litecoin, BBQCoin etc etc. Can anyone shed some light as to what is going on please?

This is my conf. It works fine and can solo mine with any mining program:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port=12127
rpcport=12128
maxconnections=20
addnode=198.199.90.252
addnode=24.6.21.198
addnode=108.27.249.69
addnode=p2pool.org
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
overlode

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:25:11 PM

Yup, tried that, no luck, it seems it's a problem with emerald for some reason, every other wallet I try works. It stopped working yesterday morning. cgminer just will not work with it. Sometimes it reports it cannot access the API, I have no idea how to sort that, tried what I have found online in a config file but still no luck
heajin5921

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:08:58 PM

I'm very interested, I will continue to focus

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. <BFLFB8V7h3yhDs5irELoFo4tDB7ZC3MrQN>
overlode

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

All sorted, unfortunately had to do a full system restore Sad
gepisar

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:36:05 AM

Anyone still mining emd? Time to move on or life in it still?
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:49:02 AM

emd.cryptcoins.net

STOP ADVERT THIS FRAUD. THEY SIMPLY STEAL YOUR MONEY

How is that?  Its working fine for me, but the fees are high.

coinium is much better, but it is almost closed

Yes, that's what I said above.

Again.  DO YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHERS?

simply their fraud is too viewed. With their system you could earn approximately 4.5emd per each block you found when you are alone and if the difficulty of this block is greater than emd network difficulty, BUT:
1)you earn down to 2.5emd even if you are alone on this pool
2)some blocks which are greater than network difficulty are rejected. It look likes they simply steal them.
So the final result will be less than the one you await for.

currently I use this pool:
http://emd.hash-to-coins.com/

You don't know what you are talking about!  If you come to the pool and you are alone and only get 2.5 emd when a block hits it is because this pool is proportional pay per share and the other part of the block was paid out to those who were there before and left before the block got hit.  Don't claim fraud !  guarantee it won't happen 2 blocks in a row if you arrive there and are alone.  There is no stealing going on, and the coin can have more orphans that other coins usually do.  The pool reports all orphans.. maybe some pools don't report them.
lesni4ok

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:19:27 PM

Why start topic not actual? Where emerald coin official site? Who use this coin? Dont understand (
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:55:36 AM

Anyone still mining emd? Time to move on or life in it still?

I still mine it, but rejects are still about 50%... (solo mining in the USA)

Not sure who has zero rejects... But that pool stated above seems to be in the same reality I am in... High rejects, thus, half the reward.

This is windows wallet, that, I assume, is linux for the pool.

Guess the guys who are close in one giant lump, in the same country/area are the only ones not getting rejects, because their daemons are rejecting everyone's except their own. (Not on purpose, they are all just closer to one-another, thus confirming their blocks faster than ours, which come afterwords.)

Got one USA node up... With two more big miners, they will start seeing rejects as we start taking the cake. Tongue

Long live the green glass rock!

P.S. Saying version 1.3 is useless when the internal version is showing v0.6.3.0-unk-beta... call it version 0.6.3.

Time for a coin repossession!
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:59:41 PM

Market shift coming... buy while they are nice and low, and mine the hell out of them while the difficulty is low. BTC/LTC is about to have major good news unleashed.

All alts are changing direction fast. Lowest diff and valued ones usually see the greatest returns.

Don't say I didn't give you fair warning... These next three months are going to be a blasted road up to the next highest yearly levels, before summer-time lows come back.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:30:52 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:01:24 AM by ISAWHIM

Nice, getting a lot less rejects with the diff climbing... (Odd, but expected.)

Funny that I am actually making more coins now, with a higher difficulty, than when diff was lower.

Mine the hell out of the coin! Hold and wait for the dumpers to run dry. They can't take much more of these low-ball prices to cash-out. Take advantage of that. (Ignore the actual price now. They helped push the diff down low, so now you can get more. Trust me, it all levels-out later.)

If you got some BTC to throw around, to bring-up your investment value... start making small-change purchases on the high side of the charts. Doesn't take much to create a small upward trend to bring more miners to the coin. (Which will further increase the value.)

Feel free to throw some BTC at me, and I will add it to my regulator bot. It drinks-up all these discount coins, one penny at a time. Or, just let me keep drinking alone! Tongue

Time to get off our asses and stop being spectators to our holdings and its value! lol. Tongue
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:48:00 PM

Yeah EMD is a great coin and I think it can have real lasting value, it just needs a bit of sprucing up and a bit of a push from the Emerald community,

I have several ideas on how to go about this, if anyone on this thread, devs or simply community members want to discuss this with me and help out then please send me a message or email me at altcoinspeculation@gmail.com

For one thing there isn't even a working coin website! I'm happy to start on that straight away. But as well as this I have a merchant acquisition strategy that may take a bit of effort but could be amazing for EMD long term.

Get in touch and we'll get this coin moving.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:21:41 AM

Yea, I contacted the original DEV, but he is indisposed at the moment.

His servers are still running, but the website and block-explorer are down. (Not sure if there was another block explorer, but it needs one.)

Looks bad for the guy who took the bounty, when he takes the payment and then closes the block-explorer. Not sure what happened there.

I believe I have the code for the off-line wallet-generator. (cold wallet, or paper wallet) I have to double-check my resources. (It may also have updated code too. I have to double-check the git-hub for the source of that code. It is just a simple HTML page that you put on your desktop and open it. {Does not have to be online to run the page, all images and code is actually inside the HTML itself. For security reasons.})

The wallet also needs some code to "reject misbehaving peers". There is at-least one on the network with modified wallet/daemon code, which is purposely rejecting valid diff blocks submitted. (In an attempt to stop yours from being accepted before his is submitted.) Forcing "rebroadcast", usually pushes your rejected-valid block onto the chain again. Blocking his IP helped for a bit, but he changes IP.

For example, this is seen when you submit a block with diff 100K, when the diff is only 30K... It gets rejected, and more than 20-60 seconds later, a valid block seems to be found by someone-else, after your valid block was rejected. (That was him, or one he could not stop from being resubmitted.)

Problem fades when more miners are mining. (A bunch more than his mini-army.) Because he can't reject them fast enough. They get accepted by the others. (Also noted, the IP's are not in the USA. So I once assumed I was just too far from the nodes. That has not been the case.)

Apparent 51% hoarding-attack, I call it. Tongue (It is partly the fault of that damn 20-second block-time target. Same issue fastcoin has at times.)

With this difficulty hike, the price will turn, and his gains will be a LOT less. He is already earning about 75% less now. Another few powerful group of steady miners, and his gains will be reduced to below 1% of the daily coins. With value pushing up to 200-400%, to compensate. When diff rises, it is hard to do a self-stack of winning blocks. Thus, less hoarding and more spread-wealth.

Still one of the best coins to solo-mine. Even if just for trading.

This coin is at one of those points where it is good to mine, and to buy... but buying will be like shooting yourself in the foot, as a miner. Tongue Because it brings more miners! (Which cause the value to have to be raised, so it's all good in the end.)
AltCoinSpeculation

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

Sounds like a bit of a mess. Was the original dev 'Picasso'? I sent him a message, but he hasn't been online here since early feb.

I think someone needs to take over and get the block-explorer back up, plus patch up the wallets etc.

I'll get to work on a new website for emd.
AltCoinSpeculation

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:59:43 PM

Here's a start, I'll revamp the site over the coming weeks:
http://emeraldcoin.info/

Get involved those that would like to help out.
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

Here's a start, I'll revamp the site over the coming weeks:
http://emeraldcoin.info/

Get involved those that would like to help out.

I"ve mined EMD off and on since the  release.  I"ll help how I can.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Henle

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:59:30 PM

A permanent link to the wallet download would be a great start.
Anthropolis

Activity: 84

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:23:26 AM

Does anyone have the wallet...? Please? Could you zip it and post it for us please?

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:15:25 AM

I've got version 1.3. I'll post it when I get home

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
AltCoinSpeculation

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:41:12 AM

Thanks any EMD software links i'll add to the new site,
Hopefully I'll have time to revamp it over the coming week,
I've a few ideas for the future stability of emerald, but for the time being we need to get the basics sorted out..
any sign of that blockchain?
Anthropolis

Activity: 84

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:26:00 AM

Thanks any EMD software links i'll add to the new site,
Hopefully I'll have time to revamp it over the coming week,
I've a few ideas for the future stability of emerald, but for the time being we need to get the basics sorted out..
any sign of that blockchain?
Is there something wrong with the blockchain? I know I'm wayyy late to this coin, but the low diff is attractive to solo miners like me, I can put my smaller rig mining on it while the big one is for newer coins. The coin is still trading too! So despite the probably huge blockchain by now, it's still a good looking coin for a couple reasons. 

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: