Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin gold dev found out to be a Chinese script kid hacker  (Read 1343 times)
MarcusMillstrom

Activity: 392
Merit: 211

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 09:51:08 AM

The bitcoin gold BTG Lead Developer:h4x3rotab found out to be a 24y script kid hacker who cracked and sold weak user passwords on a fourm without captcha enabled.

Details in Chinese: https://steemit.com/cn/@quantum-bug/btg-h4x3rotab

His profile photo on a online dating site:

So now it can be 100% confirmed that bitcoin gold BTG is a completely & purely Chinese pre-mined ico scam.

No, I don't think this is right. The guy is purporting to be a BTG Lead Developer. It is not 100% confirmed, until we see a statement from Bitcoin Gold website. Maybe there is some truth there, but there's usually a lot more to the story than what we're led to believe. P.S. There is a lot of guys trying that trick on this forum. It's a simple copy paste script. Hardly think people like that would deserve to be lead developers of a Bitcoin fork.

I agree with that.
What if someone actually is innocent but gets blamed anyway.
And what if something bad happens to such a person.
Please look out for what we say and claim.
Real people can get endangered.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:54:33 PM

The bitcoin gold BTG Lead Developer:h4x3rotab found out to be a 24y script kid hacker who cracked and sold weak user passwords on a fourm without captcha enabled.

So now it can be 100% confirmed that bitcoin gold BTG is a completely & purely Chinese pre-mined ico scam.

Damn op. This is a pretty big accusation.
I hope you did a lot of research about this and can provide any other proofs than this one. Because this thing you are dong can destroy the image of bitcon gold. Although i don't have it, i do not have anything against it. But given the proper evidences, i will also spread the news so everyone will know. But until you cam provide better proofs, i do not care. If you don't like bitcoin gold, get rid of it. But don't go spitting out crap about bitcoin gold if you don't have enough evidence.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:27:40 PM

Bitcoin gold developers cannot be trusted no matter what because they have come to the main picture out of nowhere and they expect people to support them and believe in their "promises". It's technically not a ico by any means,but the doubt on whether it's a scam or not is not yet proven with solid proof.

DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:15:08 PM

Anything started and run by Chinese will be crap and always will be crap mainly due to the controlled environment they are in. I had mentioned earlier on itself that the entire crypto currency world would be much better off without the Chinese involved. This is mainly due to the greedy and selfish attitude of Chinese mainly motivated through financial gains other than anything else. Its a dog eat dog world out there and they don't have the luxury to think about the well being of the humanity.

Even if people dump Bitcoin gold and so on, the group is quite clever and will accumulate a whole load of coins through BS such as pre-mining and so on and make off with a hefty profit and leave people with empty paper bags. They will themselves be the first to dump their coins and make off with untraceable Bitcoins.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:20:27 PM

I don't understand!
How can a single kid create a fork?

I don't believe this news. It seems that is too easy to create a fork on the most important crypto coin of the world.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:07:07 AM

Wow this would be quite amusing if proven to be true!

It eludes me why anyone would invest in this currently at this stage although I'm curious if it might follow Bitcoincash's present trend upward soon or just get dumped severely once trading begins

CoinStalker

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:12:55 AM

Get your free coins. if you r miner, Mine first blocks asap

Mertalot

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:00:32 AM

I don't understand!
How can a single kid create a fork?

I don't believe this news. It seems that is too easy to create a fork on the most important crypto coin of the world.

Don't understand that too! Don't want to believe this news
dark_city

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:15:17 PM

Fascinating how this young man has so much knowledge that feels like he almost single-handedly managed to code all the necessary changes in BTG. The responsibility is immense. The whole worlds is looking at him now. There is a reason why all this is happening. We just don't know or will never know the full extent of this BTG endeavour.
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:50:08 PM

@mindrust is right, if the project is good, and open-source, validated, etc, then who the founder is should not invalidate the project.

Still need confirmation on whether this story is true.
CasualSam

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:54:33 PM

No, I don't think this is right. The guy is purporting to be a BTG Lead Developer. It is not 100% confirmed, until we see a statement from Bitcoin Gold website. Maybe there is some truth there, but there's usually a lot more to the story than what we're led to believe. P.S. There is a lot of guys trying that trick on this forum. It's a simple copy paste script. Hardly think people like that would deserve to be lead developers of a Bitcoin fork.

I agree with that.
What if someone actually is innocent but gets blamed anyway.
And what if something bad happens to such a person.
Please look out for what we say and claim.
Real people can get endangered.

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest though.
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:09:26 PM

Is true? I highly doubt it because this could really damaged the reputation of the coin. Although it really gain enough traction from the community, news like this will really sunk this coin. And why would bitcoin gold team will really hire such kind of person to be part of their team? No need to create FUD on this coins, because it will die a natural death anyways, so let it be.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:08:14 PM

There is no way that I am going to believe anything that comes off here, and that went for the original claims that the wallet was out there too. it is simple that the majority of those that are involved with crypto are running on very little real information. The prices are moved based on such a small amount of real information that there is a miracle out there somewhere that the exchanges ever got off the ground.
A couple pics from the internet and some links are not enough to show me anything.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: