Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer farm now operational!  (Read 7818 times)
Xabad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:39:31 PM

Is it more profitable to mine an Alt coin, specifically litecoin, rather than bitcoin? You got a very nice setup and the amount you invested is huge for this. I'am just wondering why you opted to mine litecoin rather than mining bitcoin. just a noob question perhaps.,

The L3+ is was more profitable and more efficient than the S9 so that's what I went for.

Not anymore..
L3+ profitability, ~$17.13/day: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/bitmain-antminer-l3?e=0.1&currency=USD

Hey mate are you really getting this amount from those machines right now?
I mean based on 2 days of having those miners running.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:18:23 PM

Is it more profitable to mine an Alt coin, specifically litecoin, rather than bitcoin? You got a very nice setup and the amount you invested is huge for this. I'am just wondering why you opted to mine litecoin rather than mining bitcoin. just a noob question perhaps.,

The L3+ is was more profitable and more efficient than the S9 so that's what I went for.

Not anymore..

The S9 isn't more profitable than the L3+.

L3+ profitability, ~$17.13/day: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/bitmain-antminer-l3?e=0.1&currency=USD
S9 profitability, ~$14.20/day: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/bitmain-antminer-s9?e=0.1&currency=USD

Even if those numbers were switched around it wouldn't matter, they're both very profitable.
Nice share and I love your enthusiasm! Keep it up and more profits!!

I remember back in the summer of '13, I had 11 GPUs mining LTC, and with the difficulty holding right around 1,000 , I was collecting about 10 LTC per week for a few months.
It's 4 years almost, so what has become of the 11 GPUs and how vast has your farm grown?
GMPoison (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:27:15 PM

Not anymore..

Hey mate are you really getting this amount from those machines right now?
I mean based on 2 days of having those miners running.

Yes, almost exactly what it told me I would be paid, I have been!
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

Nice farm. I see L3+,  Is This machine to minning LTC coin or anorther coin ? I'm newbie in minning forum.

It's mining through Nicehash, which gives you larger profits by switching the coin it mines automatically.
BlueLight22

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:06:54 PM

After months of planning, stressing, and budgeting my mining operation is finally up and running! The electrician just installed three 30 amp 240v circuits/outlets, and I'm using heavy duty tripp lite pdu's to distribute power to all 19 miners. My makeshift hot/cold isle is working nicely and keeping temps in a very acceptable range. I'm using insulated tarp to keep the hot exhaust air separate from the cooler intake air so the exhaust can be vented out of the window, and I'm using a 14,000 BTU AC to assist in the cooling process. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions.
Is 14000 BTU AC enough for cooling 19 miner?
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:10:54 PM

After months of planning, stressing, and budgeting my mining operation is finally up and running! The electrician just installed three 30 amp 240v circuits/outlets, and I'm using heavy duty tripp lite pdu's to distribute power to all 19 miners. My makeshift hot/cold isle is working nicely and keeping temps in a very acceptable range. I'm using insulated tarp to keep the hot exhaust air separate from the cooler intake air so the exhaust can be vented out of the window, and I'm using a 14,000 BTU AC to assist in the cooling process. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions.
Is 14000 BTU AC enough for cooling 19 miner?

I could easily purchase another one and it would definitely help, but one gets the job done. The hottest miner of them all runs at 62c and the coolest one of them all runs at 52c. I suspect if I added another AC and put it on the other end of the room the coolest would run in the high 40's and the hottest would run in the low 50's. It's something I may do in the future but for now I don't feel the need to spend $500 for them to run ~10c cooler, 50c-60c is very much an acceptable temperature for them to run at.
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:12:00 PM

Antminer L3 is a LTC miner correct? If so then you should post this in altcoin mining section, Anyhow I love what you have done, Neat and beautiful, A few days ago my brother told me that his friend has a workshop, Apparently they have been using a lot of electricity but with the magical help of some kind of device their electricity consumption was reduced into almost half, They are paying half the money of the times when they weren't using that device, Do you have any clue what that might be?

Very true, if an admin sees this, feel free to move this to the altcoin mining section. Not sure what your brothers friend is talking about however.
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:26:35 AM

This is a great post and a great set up. I don't think the admins should move this...Because people who don't mine Altcoins won't be able to see this then...Great work man...
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:03:51 AM

very nice set up, looks clean and very organized. my facility is a huge mess lol. but I wish I would've bought more antminer l3+ also.
have you replaced those tarps yet? I would suggest get some insulated back there so no hot heat gets back around. but I mean if your not having any heating issues than why fix it if it ain't broken. lol
but very nice to see pictures of your set up!
thank you for sharing.
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:34:16 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 04:11:54 PM by GMPoison

very nice set up, looks clean and very organized. my facility is a huge mess lol. but I wish I would've bought more antminer l3+ also.
have you replaced those tarps yet? I would suggest get some insulated back there so no hot heat gets back around. but I mean if your not having any heating issues than why fix it if it ain't broken. lol
but very nice to see pictures of your set up!
thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words, and to everyone else as well!

I could of course come up with a more optimal solution than using insulated tarps and cutting oversized holes in them, but it was a quick fix to get my miners operational, and like you said if it's not broke don't fix it, my temps are acceptable for now.
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:33:13 AM

That is a nice setup that you made, just wondering the cover that you are using to control the heat
is made out of thin plastic right, isn't it hazardous for a mining farm it may caught on fire.
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

That is a nice setup that you made, just wondering the cover that you are using to control the heat
is made out of thin plastic right, isn't it hazardous for a mining farm it may caught on fire.

Thanks! It's a type of insulated tarp, and was very easy to work with. The temperature at which the tarp would catch fire is much much higher than the temperature of the ambient air in the room. I suppose if I wasn't careful and set it up so that the tarp could directly touch the inner parts of the miner that generate the heat then it could catch fire, but I'm not that careless.

There's no way that the tarps will spontaneously combust because of ambient temps, and there's no way that the tarps will come in contact with anything hot enough that would cause them to melt, thus no fire hazard.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:30:40 PM

Not anymore..

The S9 isn't more profitable than the L3+.

S9 profitability, ~$14.20/day: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/bitmain-antminer-s9?e=0.1&currency=USD

Even if those numbers were switched around it wouldn't matter, they're both very profitable.

All of those ASICs are L3 machines?
People tend to calculate profits based on bitcoin or litecoin prices.
And I have heard some miners talked the same thing which L3 is more profitable than S9.
But, Antminer L3+ more expensive, like $2250 for each. Which mean, it takes a longer time to achieve ROI instead of buy some Antminer S9 that cost around $1250. I realize ASICs price from bitmain always change in every batch, for next batch will be; $1415 for S9 and $1586 for L3+
How much it cost for 1 Antminer L3 when you bought it?
How long it takes to achieve ROI for your investment?
VentMine

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:55:36 PM

Nice farm. I see L3+,  Is This machine to minning LTC coin or anorther coin ? I'm newbie in minning forum.

It's mining through Nicehash, which gives you larger profits by switching the coin it mines automatically.

Just curious GMPoison, does nicehash pay you out in BTC even tho your mining LTC / Nicehash switches it between the most profitable coin?

Cool set up, nice to see you followed through, as I was watching your initial posts asking the forum for feedback. Good job buddy welcome to mining!!!

What are the specs for those Tripplite PDU's? If you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost you? I'm thinking of making my next set-up with PDUs.

1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 08:45:11 PM by GMPoison

Nice farm. I see L3+,  Is This machine to minning LTC coin or anorther coin ? I'm newbie in minning forum.

Just curious GMPoison, does nicehash pay you out in BTC even tho your mining LTC / Nicehash switches it between the most profitable coin?

Cool set up, nice to see you followed through, as I was watching your initial posts asking the forum for feedback. Good job buddy welcome to mining!!!

What are the specs for those Tripplite PDU's? If you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost you? I'm thinking of making my next set-up with PDUs.

Thanks, and yes, Nicehash automatically converts the coins it mines to BTC.

Here is a link to the PDU's I used. They provide up to 7.4kW on 240v, it's legit! Two L3+ per PSU, one PSU per connector, and four connectors per PDU makes a perfect 6.4kW per PDU per outlet! Well, well worth the $180 I paid for each of them.

@error08 - Use the profitability calculator on Nicehash, it's accurate. Based on the price I paid per L3+ ($1650) and PSU ($115) you can calculate my ROI, minus the couple grand I dropped on the equipment and electric install.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:10:58 PM

Well, I can't calculate your ROI correctly because you did not mention how much you spent to build your mining rigs.
If just calculate L3+ and PSU it will be = $33,535
Based on nicehash calculator, 1 antminer L3+ could produce $650/month. As you have 19 L3+ = $12,350/months
You may achieve ROI within 3 months, am I wrong?

Since I still have plenty of electrical overhead and the miners are running at good temps and in a well managed condition, I may offer hosting to a couple of people for a couple machines at a very competitive rate and see how it goes, then offer a more legitimate hosting solution when I scale up in the future.
One last question; where do you live? as you may hosting for a couple machines, maybe some people who stay in the same city probably want to contact you. Thanks.
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:56:59 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 12:35:28 PM by GMPoison

Well, I can't calculate your ROI correctly because you did not mention how much you spent to build your mining rigs.
If just calculate L3+ and PSU it will be = $33,535
Based on nicehash calculator, 1 antminer L3+ could produce $650/month. As you have 19 L3+ = $12,350/months
You may achieve ROI within 3 months, am I wrong?

Since I still have plenty of electrical overhead and the miners are running at good temps and in a well managed condition, I may offer hosting to a couple of people for a couple machines at a very competitive rate and see how it goes, then offer a more legitimate hosting solution when I scale up in the future.
One last question; where do you live? as you may hosting for a couple machines, maybe some people who stay in the same city probably want to contact you. Thanks.

Well right now the L3+ is not making $650/month. You have to use the most recent number which is the number all the way to the left under "daily" not all the way to the right under "monthly".

I'm based in Southwest FL. Even in the state that is known for it's heat, humidity, and electric rates that aren't low, these things still make really good money.

Like I said I have room for maybe 6-8 L3+'s that I may considering taking in for hosting, just let me know.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:35:48 PM

Well right now the L3+ is not making $650/month. You have to use the most recent number which is the number all the way to the left under "daily" not all the way to the right under "monthly".

I'm based in Southwest FL. Even in the state that is known for it's heat, humidity, and electric rates that aren't low, these things still make really good money.

Like I said I have room for maybe 6-8 L3+'s that I may considering taking in for hosting, just let me know.

I think you're going to make even more money than you think long term. Just a week ago Bitcoin was $2000 cheaper than it is now and I'm expecting at least another $1000 up next year. It's going to be worth running the mine even when it starts to barely break even. You're still going to be getting cheaper coins than people on exchanges Wink
Great setup BTW, just make sure nobody can crawl in through that open window.

GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:02:12 PM

I think you're going to make even more money than you think long term. Just a week ago Bitcoin was $2000 cheaper than it is now and I'm expecting at least another $1000 up next year. It's going to be worth running the mine even when it starts to barely break even. You're still going to be getting cheaper coins than people on exchanges Wink
Great setup BTW, just make sure nobody can crawl in through that open window.

While the price of bitcoin is rising, remember these are L3+ machines mining alt coins and not bitcoin, although Nicehash does automatically convert the alt coins it mines into bitcoin which is nice. The price of bitcoin rising does of course help everything overall, the numbers just haven't recently shown too much of a rise in income is all. I will agree with you though, with how efficient these machines are I think I'm going to be keeping them for a long time, until the next most efficient miner is released (smaller nm), and who knows how long that will be.

Also, the window has since been secured. I am running this setup from the same place I live, so I won't go over all of the security I have in place as that would be an opsec fail, much the same way a hacker revealing his network config would be an opsec fail. I will say though that the physical security measures that I have in place are for the protection of would-be burglars, not for the protection of myself. Wink
VentMine

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:48:19 PM

Guys in your payout calculation you have to consider the fact that the BTC price also appreciates.

So, if OP for arguments sake invested $50,000 into his set up when the price of BTC was $5,000, that's 10 BTC investment. For him to ROI he needs to earn net 10 BTC on his operating cost, not $50,000. This takes into the account the *opportunity cost*.

If power costs all-in are >$0.10, OP may never reach ROI, considering some large scale miners are mining for <$0.03.

1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: