Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:28:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Pokemon Cards!  (Read 1534 times)
larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:10:04 AM

Id go on ebay with something like this.

I had considered that, but really wanted to support the Bitcoin economy with what I felt was a somewhat novel trade offering.

The problem is for deals like this, eBay is and will likely always be the go-to place. Craigslist *might* also be an option, though that's really hit-and-miss.

Keep in mind that for all intents and purposes, Bitcoin is still in an infant stage and most people here would be more interested in buying to resell, not to keep/collect.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sunmaz (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:13:39 AM

I had considered that, but really wanted to support the Bitcoin economy with what I felt was a somewhat novel trade offering.

The problem is for deals like this, eBay is and will likely always be the go-to place. Craigslist *might* also be an option, though that's really hit-and-miss.

Keep in mind that for all intents and purposes, Bitcoin is still in an infant stage and most people here would be more interested in buying to resell, not to keep/collect.

That does seem to be the case. It's too bad really. Still, Bitmit might be a viable option perhaps, though I'd loathe to individually post all of these cards.
larem

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:43:09 AM

That does seem to be the case. It's too bad really. Still, Bitmit might be a viable option perhaps, though I'd loathe to individually post all of these cards.

Can you not do a bundle listing there?

sunmaz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:44:55 AM

Can you not do a bundle listing there?

I suppose I could. It doesn't really provide an easy mechanism to do so. I could indeed list everything like I do here, but bidders would only be able to bid on the entire collection, not pieces of it.
maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:45:41 AM

I will reiterate. Regardless of your opinions, the simple fact is that my prices are reflective of the current market value for these cards. Simple economics., These cards sell on EBay for these prices - ergo saying they are overprices is inaccurate. I am not suggesting you resell them for a profit. My target market is for collectors.

I agree, although I've never personally got into Pokemon cards myself, I gotta agree with you on this about the pricing. If you've priced them out based on eBay pricing, and are selling them here, thank you for using bitcoin as a preferred medium. Might I suggest adding a "Total Cost" for the entire set mentioned, perhaps adding 10% off to the buyer who buys the entire thing? Good luck!

sunmaz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:49:19 AM

I will reiterate. Regardless of your opinions, the simple fact is that my prices are reflective of the current market value for these cards. Simple economics., These cards sell on EBay for these prices - ergo saying they are overprices is inaccurate. I am not suggesting you resell them for a profit. My target market is for collectors.

I agree, although I've never personally got into Pokemon cards myself, I gotta agree with you on this about the pricing. If you've priced them out based on eBay pricing, and are selling them here, thank you for using bitcoin as a preferred medium. Might I suggest adding a "Total Cost" for the entire set mentioned, perhaps adding 10% off to the buyer who buys the entire thing? Good luck!

I appreciate your support immensely. I will mention the 10% off but I don't want to go about pricing the whole set without serious interest, as counting all the cards not mentioned specifically could take me a few hours.
larem

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:58:44 AM

I appreciate your support immensely. I will mention the 10% off but I don't want to go about pricing the whole set without serious interest, as counting all the cards not mentioned specifically could take me a few hours.

lol, I feel you.

By the way, since you know prices, do you happen to know what these would be worth?

Base Set Charizard
Base Set Blastoise
Base Set Venosaur?

All three of them in perfect condition and 1st editions. I assume they're worth a bit...

atm44

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:08:37 AM

do you have any magic cards?
sunmaz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:13:09 AM

lol, I feel you.

By the way, since you know prices, do you happen to know what these would be worth?

Base Set Charizard
Base Set Blastoise
Base Set Venosaur?

All three of them in perfect condition and 1st editions. I assume they're worth a bit...

Those are worth a great deal indeed!

I assume they are all foil. If they are not the holographic versions the prices I am giving are not accurate.

Base Set Charizard  ~4 - 6 BTC (can go for 8 - 12 BTC if graded by a professional company like PSA)
Base Set Blastoise   ~1 BTC (can go for 1.5 - 2 BTC if graded by a professional company like PSA)
Base Set Venosaur  ~0.2 BTC (price varies quite a bit)
sunmaz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:14:18 AM

lol, I feel you.

Base Set Charizard
Base Set Blastoise
Base Set Venosaur?

I assume they are all foil. If they are not the holographic versions the prices I am giving are not accurate.

Base Set Charizard  ~4 - 6 BTC (can go for 8 - 12 BTC if graded by a professional company like PSA)
Base Set Blastoise   ~1 BTC (can go for 1.5 - 2 BTC if graded by a professional company like PSA)

Not very many. I have around 90 cards. Some are in near mint condition, others terrible condition. Two of them are foil. I would be willing to sell them all for a very reasonable price.
larem

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:15:35 AM

lol, I feel you.

Base Set Charizard
Base Set Blastoise
Base Set Venosaur?

Wow, those are some nice prices, and yes, they're foil, :p. I actually traded a promo Mew card (Japanese) for all three of those and like 20-30 other holos a while back. This was before anyone even knew what a Mew was (back when there were still 150 Pokemon).

Wish I knew where these cards were, XD.

sunmaz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:17:26 AM

lol, I feel you.

Base Set Charizard
Base Set Blastoise
Base Set Venosaur?

Wow, those are some nice prices, and yes, they're foil, :p. I actually traded a promo Mew card (Japanese) for all three of those and like 20-30 other holos a while back. This was before anyone even knew what a Mew was (back when there were still 150 Pokemon).

Wish I knew where these cards were, XD.

Very nice indeed. Find them! Lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: