Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold, a scam or what?  (Read 452 times)
ClownSpider (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:10:44 AM

We had Bitcoin Cash, now we have Bitcoin Gold.
The problem is BTG wallets are ONLY for android.

https://bitcoingold.org 's website lists ONLY THREE wallets.
Freewallet looks like a scam, lots of people reporting STOLEN coins with them on reviews for iOS.

The other 2 are Android only.
So BTG has no ability for Apple users, and obviously no infrastructure, so how do I collect my BTG so I can sell this trash alt coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:29:31 AM

yes it could be. there is deception in the project a lot lately. this bitcoin. not officially, but they might say we were cheated. need to be careful.  Huh
Freewallet

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:03:10 PM

We had Bitcoin Cash, now we have Bitcoin Gold.
The problem is BTG wallets are ONLY for android.

https://bitcoingold.org 's website lists ONLY THREE wallets.
Freewallet looks like a scam, lots of people reporting STOLEN coins with them on reviews for iOS.

The other 2 are Android only.
So BTG has no ability for Apple users, and obviously no infrastructure, so how do I collect my BTG so I can sell this trash alt coin?

We always get back to people who claimed their funds were lost because of Freewallet: we were able to locate 100% the funds that were "stolen." We research all complaints about lost funds, and in most cases it's possible to track them down to an invalid address or a different wallet unrelated to Freewallet. The word "most" is used here because there always are cases when people consider their funds "stolen", while in fact a network fee was applied or an exchange rate wasn't as good as expected, etc.

Regarding the Bitcoin Gold wallet for iOS: Apple is known for their skepticism about cryptocurrencies. For example, not all coins & tokens that are available on Android apps are present in AppStore because they weren't approved by Apple. We're planning to add BTG to the list of coins available in our Multi Wallet first; however, it's up to Apple to give the green light on it for the iOS version.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:04:52 PM

Oгo! Pyccкaя пoддepжкa Freewallet! У мeня вoпpoc! Haвepнoe нe пo мecтy нo вce жe.
Пo cвoeй глyпocти пpи yчacтии в airdrope yкaзaл вaш кoшeлёк. Toкeны пepeвeли, тoлькo вoт вocпoльзoвaтьcя ими видимo нe cмoгy. Boпpoc. Boзмoжнo ли тoкeны пepeвecти в дpyгoй кoшeлёк? Или oни вce, пoтepянны?

Hi anthrax66, we speak English, but understand many languages, thanks to Google Translate Grin Are the tokens you're referring to currently supported in our app? If yes, we'll be able to retrieve them for you promptly. If not, we can still offer you a solution. Your tokens aren't lost either way.

Please contact our in-app support (Settings -> Support -> Message us) and provide the transaction hash: we'll be able to give you more details on your case.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
whatisthis

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

I still have no clue what benefit i have from holding this coin.
ClownSpider (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:39:12 PM

We always get back to people who claimed their funds were lost because of Freewallet: we were able to locate 100% the funds that were "stolen." We research all complaints about lost funds, and in most cases it's possible to track them down to an invalid address or a different wallet unrelated to Freewallet. The word "most" is used here because there always are cases when people consider their funds "stolen", while in fact a network fee was applied or an exchange rate wasn't as good as expected, etc.

Regarding the Bitcoin Gold wallet for iOS: Apple is known for their skepticism about cryptocurrencies. For example, not all coins & tokens that are available on Android apps are present in AppStore because they weren't approved by Apple. We're planning to add BTG to the list of coins available in our Multi Wallet first; however, it's up to Apple to give the green light on it for the iOS version.

1) I see zero complaint retractions.  Everyone who has reported STOLEN funds is maintaining a public complaint against you.
The FACT that you have 30+ people complaining about your wallet stealing funds shows that you are an incompetent programmer, or more likely that you are STEALING funds from people.

2) Additionally, by claiming that 100% of all reports of stolen funds have been "located" but not "returned" is evidence of a scammer.

3) Furthermore, the claim that most cases are tracked down to an invalid address is an indication of incompetent programming or a lame excuse from a scammer stealing.

4) Apple has NOT expressed skepticism, how dare you blame Apple.  The Apple App Store has very many BTC wallet apps.  Apple is not doing anything to stop iOS apps from being created, so THAT IS A LIE, and a weak excuse.   Apple does not personally review and approve or deny every app with a human being.  To suggest that Apple has not approve you, is bullshit.  Perhaps you have been busted for malware and banned however.

Freewallet is guilty of lies, and misinformation.
So much so that I now see that Freewallet is indeed malware NOT to be trusted and is stealing coins.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:12:38 PM

1) I see zero complaint retractions.  Everyone who has reported STOLEN funds is maintaining a public complaint against you.
The FACT that you have 30+ people complaining about your wallet stealing funds shows that you are an incompetent programmer, or more likely that you are STEALING funds from people.

That's understandable as you're not tasked with analyzing the user feedback and outlining the statistics of it. We, on the other side, keep track of all reviews and requests made and follow up on each.

2) Additionally, by claiming that 100% of all reports of stolen funds have been "located" but not "returned" is evidence of a scammer.

If the funds were sent to an incorrect address (because of a typo, for example), to a wrong network (BTC instead of BCC, which used to be a frequent case) or they have been received by the other party (for example, to an exchange account without a payment id), it's possible for us to locate them, but not retrieve, if the destination is unrelated to Freewallet. As you know, transactions that are completed in the blockchain cannot be reversed or altered. However, if the receiving party is known, the sender can contact them and request assistance.

3) Furthermore, the claim that most cases are tracked down to an invalid address is an indication of incompetent programming or a lame excuse from a scammer stealing.

Actually, it's a mere fact showing that the human factor is still an issue.

4) Apple has NOT expressed skepticism, how dare you blame Apple.  The Apple App Store has very many BTC wallet apps.  Apple is not doing anything to stop iOS apps from being created, so THAT IS A LIE, and a weak excuse.   Apple does not personally review and approve or deny every app with a human being.  To suggest that Apple has not approve you, is bullshit.  Perhaps you have been busted for malware and banned however.

Not blaming, just stating a fact. There's still a number of coins we're awaiting Apple's approval on; when Bitcoin Cash was introduced, it took some time by Apple to make a decision about this coin, too.

Freewallet is guilty of lies, and misinformation.
So much so that I now see that Freewallet is indeed malware NOT to be trusted and is stealing coins.

Sad to hear you've got such an impression! However, as Voltaire once said, "I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."

3x1t

Activity: 233

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:55:12 PM

I don't trust to this project, and what is more I don't know why. My intuition is totally against of it and I am going to hear it. May be I will regret about this decision.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:09:47 PM

I have no trust to the last BTC forks) They were created just for one purpose to get more money from nothing and giving nothing to crypto society;)

tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:12:57 PM

It is not scam, it is a product of last years bitcoin forks season, although recently the devs behind btg have clwimed that they have eliminated most bugs and added more wallet options, personally im not holding any btg so i cannot confirm this, i hope their updated wallet will be working now on your device.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:21:57 PM

Just remember the Golden rule, "Any coin with name Bitcoin and a suffix to it is a scam". If your coin is really good then you shouldn't need to add Bitcoin to the name.

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:31:59 PM

Bitcoincash was from an experienced group of people specializing in mining of bitcoin. They were professional.
Seeing the relative sucess of BCH, some high school kid started Bitcoin Gold, They even did mined it alone to gather some before releasing it with new algorithm.
So, yes, they did a huge middle-mine and the coin never actually made any significant profit.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

Just remember the Golden rule, "Any coin with name Bitcoin and a suffix to it is a scam". If your coin is really good then you shouldn't need to add Bitcoin to the name.

Perfectly said. Some dont even stop at that, but they try to convince others it is the real bitcoin, we all know which shitcoin tries to do that.
Bitcoin is one and only and wont be surpassed by some fork with bitcoin in its name
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:23:40 PM

I fully agree with the opinion of people that this coin is just a way to make money for its creators. His future is determined, and it's death in a year or a little more. Ask yourself the question of what it was created for and what the community needs. Bitcoin does not need one or the other clones.
Be always careful!
sergienkoe

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:41:50 PM

This is a difficult question. I know many people who invest in BTG and consider it an undervalued coin.
Problem with wallets and poorly developed infrastructure around it indicates that the team is working poorly or they do not have enough resources.
On the other hand, BTG is traded on many exchanges.
As for me, now I wouldn't say that this is a scam, but treated with caution if you consider BTG as a coin for long-term investment.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:59:29 PM

Forking is really shit in the market and we should not care the forking coins else you would find the other coins price and volume goes cheaper than ever. Please do not all that to happen with your move.
For Bitcoin gold side I don't support. Then it is not scam also buddy. Keep invest on top coins to make profit.
Natium

Activity: 378

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

As for me, bitcoin is a very good coin for long-term investment because in fact bitcoin is backed by demand in the market.

Ceto

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

Bitcoin Gold blockchain was recently hit by 51%-attack. Considering that this attack was successful, it can be said that the infrastructure of BTG isn't strong enough. Perhaps, the team would address this flaw in the nearest future.

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:21:59 AM

I think that all of the hard forks off of bitcoin are scam coins. They really have nothing to offer and all that they are doing is riding on the back success that bitcoin has made over the years. When investing in hard fork coins you should be very careful how you go about it, in a couple of years a lot of them will end up dying out.

juliyett

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:37:34 AM

Bitcoin Gold doesn't look like convincing enough for me, I think it will be seen better later but tin the real time it is hard to predict, especially I don't support it.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: