Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:55:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: czech & polish native speakers wanted! [1BTC bounty!]  (Read 1880 times)
LeFBI (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:35:16 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 10:29:37 AM by LeFBI

the new neighbor in the apartment above me is trampling (not intentionally) and i somehow have to tell him, in a nice way, to walk around more smoothly and to not step that hard on the floor anymore because this house is really badly soundproofed. It also sounds like he's throwing heavy things on the floor, like books or something. :(
Big problem is...we don't speak any same language and when i was upstairs i had no idea how make him aware of the problem. I tried but he obviously didn't understand me. But i do know he's either czech or polish.
Google translate would only mix up words, i would need a small text in czech&polish that >kindly< makes him aware of the problem. I'm sure he's not doing this on purpose and just isn't aware that it's very loud through the floor/ceiling. I don't want this to become a neighbors fight! So if there is any native speaker in this forum....please help! :)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:34:40 PM

Sure. Write the text in English and I'll translate it to Polish for you (I am native Polish speaker).

But are you sure he is a Pole (or a Czech)? I think he could also be a Slovak because their language is more similar to Polish than Czech.
Polish and Slovak are quite mutually intelligible but Czech is a little different.

Signature space available for rent.
LeFBI (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:22:24 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 05:56:32 PM by LeFBI

But are you sure he is a Pole (or a Czech)?
i'm not 100% sure...but he was either watching czech or polish tv when i was upstairs. this house is a student dormitory and we have german/english/polish/czech tv only. So i hope he understands one of the two languages :)

Sure. Write the text in English and I'll translate it to Polish for you (I am native Polish speaker).
thank you! text could be like this or similar:
Hi,

i'm living in the apartment right beneath you and i'm sorry to tell you this but since a week now, whenever you walk around in your apartment, i can exactly hear where you are. The floors/ceilings in this house are really badly soundproofed and the trampling is as annoying as when someone turns up the speakers too loud so you can hear the bass through the walls. I'm sure you are not doing this on purpose and were not aware that it's loud but i have to ask you to please be more quiet and to have mercy for a neighbor. Please stop letting heavy things fall on the ground, please don't step that hard on the floor anymore and walk around more "smoothly".

I mean no harm and i don't want a neighbors fight! Thank you!
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:36:24 AM

Translation:

Cześć,

Mieszkam dokładnie pod tobą i przykro mi to mówić, ale od tygodnia słyszę jak chodzisz po swoim mieszkaniu, robiąc przy tym bardzo dużo hałasu - dokładnie słychać gdzie jesteś. Podłogi/sufity są bardzo słabo dźwiękoszczelne i tupanie jest tak denerwujące jakby ktoś podkręcił głośniki za głośno, tak że słychać bas przez ściany. Jestem pewien, że nie robisz tego specjalnie i nie jesteś świadomy, że jest za głośno, ale muszę Cię poprosić, żebyś był troche cichszy i miał litość dla sąsiada. Proszę o zaprzestanie zrzucania ciężkich rzeczy na ziemie i proszę nie stąpaj tak twardo po podłodze, tylko trochę "ładgodniej".

Nie mam na celu niczego złego i nie chcę wojny sąsiedzkiej! Dziękuję!

btw. where do you live? it's a student dormitory and he doesn't even speak English?

bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:12:26 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 09:28:46 AM by bittersweet

Just want to warn you with this translation your neighbor may consider you impolite (depends on his character really). In Polish adults use Mr./Ms. (Pan/Pani) form unless you know him (you study together, you are friends etc).

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
LeFBI (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:24:11 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 02:28:51 PM by LeFBI

malevolent: thank you very very much! Rumors say there is one bitcoin floating through the btc-swamp, prepared to penetrate and unite with your wallet.dat!
edit: the bitcoin addresses in in your signature and beneath your avatar are both invalid, they are too short :(
edit 2: fixed and sent.

btw. where do you live? it's a student dormitory and he doesn't even speak English?
nope. I think he's an exchange student and might be here to learn german. He speaks very view words german but he really couldn't understand me.

Just want to warn you with this translation your neighbor may consider you impolite (depends on his character really). In Polish adults use Mr./Ms. (Pan/Pani) form unless you know him (you study together, you are friends etc).
hmm...don't know if that will be a problem. We are all students here, so all young people. I, for myself, wouldn't say Mr./Mrs. to anyone living here in this dormitory. Is it common to say Mr/Mrs among students in Poland? I mean from student to student? :-/
I also will give him the paper personally with a smile in the face and maybe a beer in the hand, hopefully that will make it clear that i don't want to be impolite :D

If someone out there speaks czech, please translate the above text. There is a bitcoin that is waiting just for you to pick it up!
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 11:25:40 AM

malevolent: thank you very very much! Rumors say there is one bitcoin floating through the btc-swamp, prepared to penetrate and unite with your wallet.dat!

hmm...don't know if that will be a problem. We are all students here, so all young people. I, for myself, wouldn't say Mr./Mrs. to anyone living here in this dormitory. Is it common to say Mr/Mrs among students in Poland? I mean from student to student? :-/
I also will give him the paper personally with a smile in the face and maybe a beer in the hand, hopefully that will make it clear that i don't want to be impolite Cheesy

Your welcome:)

From your description I think there's no need to use the Mr/Mrs form but I can rewrite it if you'd really like, then just PM me.

bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 11:56:48 AM

No, in that case it won't be needed, if both of you are students and young it's proper to use informal language.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
LeFBI (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:50:19 PM

problem solved!

malevolent's text and my epic nonexistent pantomimic skills did it! he understood and it's all fine now. no problems :)
thanks again!

czech translation bounty canceled!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: