Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:54:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107921 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
Sikkan666

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:14:32 PM

our miners DDOS - pool
So many, many miners  Grin

Indeed... Still can't connect to the pool  Sad

Dos handled. Pool works again.

Elbandi
Hi, yesterday I mined on pool but didn't receive any coins. Do you know - I can wait them later or they are lost?

they will be credited for, I have incomming tx from pool now, and it takes a long time for 360 blocks to be confirmed..so just chill a bit.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fleer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:24:27 PM

need a new pool that can handle miners

●                                                           Z I X X                                                           ●
[     DISCORD     ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|    Automated Shared MNs    |   80% Masternode Rewards   |    Highest "Locked %"    |
rohitm

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

Pool is very unstable - connects and disconnects frequently!

andronikos

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

I'll give it a try
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:26:23 PM

Pool is very unstable - connects and disconnects frequently!

The pool dev is working on getting the pool working properly and hopefully that will happen soon.

On another note I've arranged a bounty for @swanseahost to set up another mining pool. Swanseahost thinks it could possibly be up and running later today.
RinceWind84

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:33:27 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 02:34:48 PM by RinceWind84

Hello folks :-)

Am very happy to have found this coin today. I have been looking for a good CPU-only coin to mine with my i7-3770k. And this seems to be it.

As a former hodl'er(only around 500 hodl) I am very pleased to see that there is an alt-coin that seems a lot like it. But mostly the fact that there is actually dev's here who seem to be taking the community quite seriously. So kudos to you guys!

For the record I am solo-mining right now and have already hit two blocks just today. I realize that this is of course really lucky, with my 280 hash/s  Grin

Anywho. I have a suggestion, or maybe it is actually a correction, to the guide in the original post.

I have found that the -optimineraes=1 is the right option for my cpu.

But then I was playing around with the minermemory and genproclimit. And please correct me if I'm wrong but this description:

"Example 2: -minermemory=3 -genproclimit=8
This sets mining using 3 GB of memory, with 8 threads on each GB."

Seems just not right to me. So I tested it out and found the following...

With -optimineraes=1 -minermemory=1 -genproclimit=6 I get the following info from the wallet(on-mouse-over at the mining icon)

And with -optimineraes=1 -minermemory=2 -genproclimit=4 I get this result:

So as far as I can tell, the minermemory-command actually dictates the number miner-instances(processes) used. And each of these will take up 1Gb of memory
whilst the genproclimit-command dictates the total number of threads allocated for whatever number of miners(instances) one have created by the minermemory-command.

Again I am no expert in any of this. only trying to learn :-)

Should the dev's feel that I am right though, any reward would be gratefully accepted Cool   "removed roi-address since it was a stupid thing to ask for"

EDIT: It seems that things arent't as simple as I thought. Even with -minermemory=1 and -genproclimit=1 my old i7-3630qm utilizes all four cores to 100%
EDIT2: Corrected a grave mistake
c0nc0n

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:36:28 PM

start mining it. hoping to mine some blocks
Qraq

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:40:47 PM

Hi, yesterday I mined on pool but didn't receive any coins. Do you know - I can wait them later or they are lost?
they will be credited for, I have incomming tx from pool now, and it takes a long time for 360 blocks to be confirmed..so just chill a bit.
It was strange for me that credited coins doesn't show in pool stat. Usually they are "Earned", and after confirmation they become "pending".
cointron

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:05:29 PM

Am very happy to have found this coin today. I have been looking for a good CPU-only coin to mine with my i7-3770k. And this seems to be it.

As a former hodl'er(only around 500 hodl) I am very pleased to see that there is an alt-coin that seems a lot like it. But mostly the fact that there is actually dev's here who seem to be taking the community quite seriously. So kudos to you guys!

For the record I am solo-mining right now and have already hit two blocks just today. I realize that this is of course really lucky, with my 280 hash/s  Grin

Anywho. I have a suggestion, or maybe it is actually a correction, to the guide in the original post.

But then I was playing around with the minermemory and genproclimit. And please correct me if I'm wrong but this description:

With -optimineraes=1 -minermemory=1 -genproclimit=6 I get the following info from the wallet(on-mouse-over at the mining icon)

So as far as I can tell, the minermemory-command actually dictates the number miner-instances(processes) used. And each of these will take up 1Gb of memory
whilst the genproclimit-command dictates the total number of threads allocated for whatever number of miners(instances) one have created by the minermemory-command.

Should the dev's feel that I am right though, any reward would be gratefully accepted Cool   RAdqkZQx76W2TgvGDogqKEyYKC782E8789

EDIT: It seems that things arent't as simple as I thought. Even with -minermemory=1 and -genproclimit=1 my old i7-3630qm utilizes all four cores to 100%

Reward? What?  Your parents have made a severe mistake.-
RinceWind84

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:13:21 PM

Should the dev's feel that I am right though, any reward would be gratefully accepted Cool   RAdqkZQx76W2TgvGDogqKEyYKC782E8789

Thank you so much! That was both productive and kind;-)
cointron

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:28:25 PM

Thank you so much! That was both productive and kind;-)

You should not post addresses. If you are learning, read about Bitcointalk rules. Waiting for rewards in that way is close to begging, something that also goes against the rules.

Good luck.-
CreamyCheesecake

Activity: 339
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:42:34 PM

So what is up with the name of the algo in the ANN. Why doesn't it say hodl algo but instead it shows it's a AES Pattern Search algo? Also I would like a reasonable explanation of the ~34 million premine, what is the purpose? is it going to be lock and not staking or dumped in the market? But what about the other 29 addresses that are in the top 30 that hold 1 milion each then 500k then 100k the minimum, with the technicals of the coin I can't understand how could someone have mined so much by now. But obviously is not mined, maybe it's also part of the premine but we were just told that the 34million was the premine so the other addresses can stake those amounts. And on top, there's people that are allowed to mine with 11kh/s when a top cpu can maybe do 800 h/s...

▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬  ● ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬ ● ▬  A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM ▬▬▬► WP
MEDIUM | REDDIT | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | ANNOUNCEMENT
rohitm

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:43:10 PM

This option does nothing to how many cores are utilized - they just change the memory allocation.

I have not explored how to change the cores in the in-built miner but you can certainly use HODL miner (download from here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/download/hodlminer-wolf-2.zip) with the parameters as TheRaster very helpfully explained in his post quoted below:

2nd How to Solo Mine the wallet without the junk miner built in the wallet.

1st go to %appdata%/ROICOIN/

Make a file called ROIcoin.conf

Paste this in to it.

Code:
rpcuser=mine
rpcpassword=miner
rpcallowip=0.0.0.0/0
rpcport=23110
rpcthreads=40
server=1
daemon=1
gen=0
miningaddress=RJsFF8fgC7QVYvVSa93x8J2VhTtiS1mtwz

RPCport = 3377
addnode=138.197.172.223
addnode=165.227.10.125
addnode=159.203.91.200
addnode=99.198.174.212

Now save.

Now download HODLminer by woolf http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/download/hodlminer-wolf-2.zip

Edit the bat file

Code:
hodlminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:23110 -u mine -p miner -t 40 -q -D --coinbase-addr=RJsFF8fgC7QVYvVSa93x8J2VhTtiS1mtwz

And you are good to go.

Dont forget to change wallet key for your own and change the amount of threads "-t"

RinceWind84

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:51:26 PM

Okay.

Then I am truly sorry for my mishap Undecided

I see how my post wasn't ok now. Thank you for explaining.

I will follow the instructions from TheRaster and stay quiet.
Plainkoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:53:36 PM

Pool is down! He steal our coins! No payment, no stats, no workers!
Another scam and dead coin!!!

Hello,

We definitely appreciate your being in the community... But please keep in mind, the pool operators are independent owner/operators of a service.

That said, one of the reasons I never tried running a pool is because it can be attacked.  It is going to happen.  And eventually, some how, some way, that we have not seen yet, ROIcoin may very well be attacked.  We have done our best to update security and enhance block chain features, etc...  When and if that day comes, we will do our best to correct, fortify and do our best to ensure mined coins are protected.  But there are bad people out there.

I believe the pool operator to be an honorable person and he has done a great service by starting one of the first pools for ROI.  I don't think he was expecting to be attacked or at least so quickly...  This coin has been "live" for 4 days now.  So there will be bumps in the road, as it gains more attention beyond this forum.

Regardless of what happens, the devs, marketing team, and independent pool operators are always going to put the community first.  And we will do whatever it takes, to keep ROIcoin up and running, as will pool operators when they have to scramble and recover from an attack.

Should there ever be an unauthorized corrupt pool operator out in the world, the ROIcoin core team will do right by you and make things right.

rohitm

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:54:14 PM

Okay.

It's fine - we all are learning and often make mistakes (except for maybe cointron!  Tongue)

Keep experimenting and feel free to ask any questions!

rohitm

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:56:17 PM

Pool is down! He steal our coins! No payment, no stats, no workers!
Another scam and dead coin!!!

Hello,

We definitely appreciate your being in the community... But please keep in mind, the pool operators are independent owner/operators of a service.

That said, one of the reasons I never tried running a pool is because it can be attacked.  It is going to happen.  And eventually, some how, some way, that we have not seen yet, ROIcoin may very well be attacked.  We have done our best to update security and enhance block chain features, etc...  When and if that day comes, we will do our best to correct, fortify and do our best to ensure mined coins are protected.  But there are bad people out there.

I believe the pool operator to be an honorable person and he has done a great service by starting one of the first pools for ROI.  I don't think he was expecting to be attacked or at least so quickly...  This coin has been "live" for 4 days now.  So there will be bumps in the road, as it gains more attention beyond this forum.

Regardless of what happens, the devs, marketing team, and independent pool operators are always going to put the community first.  And we will do whatever it takes, to keep ROIcoin up and running, as will pool operators when they have to scramble and recover from an attack.

Should there ever be an unauthorized corrupt pool operator out in the world, the ROIcoin core team will do right by you and make things right.

Maybe you should take out the pool section from the 1st post on this thread so that new users dont waste their time trying to use that?

Resar

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:03:26 PM

That may be true but it is probably better for the coin's reputation if you remove the pool link from the front page until the pool begins making payments and is up and running again.

DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:11:42 PM

That may be true but it is probably better for the coin's reputation if you remove the pool link from the front page until the pool begins making payments and is up and running again.

I'm on it. Hmm instead of removing it I will note that the pool is currently offline...
RinceWind84

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:17:02 PM

Okay.

It's fine - we all are learning and often make mistakes (except for maybe cointron!  Tongue)

Keep experimenting and feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you  Smiley

I followed the instructions from TheRaster using hodlminer-optiminer-fork that I had already on my computer. Now I am getting around 380 hash/s instead of 280 through the wallet.

Regarding my bad post. Should I delete it? Or maybe edit out my ROI-address?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: