Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107922 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

The pool is back up now with over 220 kH/s - not sure if poor guys with 200 - 300 H/s will get anything!

DisasterFaster/ Plainkoin - is there a way to validate if all this power is coming from legit sources? Also do we want to restrict using mining services like NiceHash or others to make the coin accessible to the laymen and keep it decentralized?

Updated the ANN and removed the Pool is Offline disclaimer.

I reckon banning  Shocked NiceHash is a non-starter...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rohitm

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:10:10 PM

The pool is back up now with over 220 kH/s - not sure if poor guys with 200 - 300 H/s will get anything!

DisasterFaster/ Plainkoin - is there a way to validate if all this power is coming from legit sources? Also do we want to restrict using mining services like NiceHash or others to make the coin accessible to the laymen and keep it decentralized?

Almost 95% of it is coming from just 1 worker:

Address                                                   Shares   Invalid shares   Efficiency   Hashrate   Balance   Daily income (expected)
RVJBC9KRWZfv7USXrJdwQF5z7EHGwJr363   124638   497                   99.6%   207.73 KH   0 ROI   43705.054 ROI

Sam67

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:12:21 PM

Бeй xaчeй! Maйнинг тoлькo для кaмнeй!
juliara

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:27:19 PM

Address                                                   Shares   Invalid shares   Efficiency   Hashrate   Balance   Daily income (expected)
RVJBC9KRWZfv7USXrJdwQF5z7EHGwJr363   124638   497                   99.6%   207.73 KH   0 ROI   43705.054 ROI

This was sometimes also a problem on holdcoin. So It would be very nice for the community if such activity can be blocked for roicoin. It is not funny for the "normal" miners. From my point of view all hashrates over 2KH can be blocked (if possible) because they don't come from normal standalone pc/hardware.

Julia
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:32:21 PM

Pool is working again, dos went away. I fixed some things in daemon, hopefully it will be stable.

Elbandi
Plainkoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:32:41 PM

What are these 35 million and 5 million adresses?
http://45.76.246.101:3001/richlist

Has someone bought over 100 kH/s hashing power from NiceHash at the beginning and mined like a mad man?

It doesn't look very distributed. My hashing power is ~300 H/s. Pool reported that this would be equivalent of ~500 coins per day. It would take almost 200 years to mine 35 million HuhHuh

If the algorithm had been changed you wouldn't have been able to buy Hodlcoin hashing power from NiceHash.

Hello HodlOrava,

The premine of 6% occurred between blocks 100 and 201 at about 5000H/s.  Please keep in mind.  This is only 6% of the calculated POW coin supply.  The POS and Term Deposit will expand so that coin base by more than a factor of 4.  If nothing else happened, but everyone mined every block, then term deposited those 1 billion coins.  On maturation, there would be 4 billion coins.  That premine would then be 1.5% of the coin supply.  In reality it will be less, as over time, people mine, stake, buy, term deposit, etc, to organically grow the coin base at an exponential rate due to the very nature of how the coin is structured.

The premine will never ever be dumped.  Most of it is locked up and will be locked up again...  Until how ever many years down the road, the coinbase on the exchanges has grown such, that some of the premine can be bled out, to start paying off the investor.

A premine is unavoidable, it eventually pays the investor back, who pays for getting the coins on the exchanges, marketing and may other things.  It allows for us to do things like pay bounties for services that we just don't have time to get to, but need.  It also allows us to pool for faucets and other types of ways to get more coins into circulation - i.e. get more coins into the hands of the community.

There is also the dev team, with countless hours working, testing, proofing, midnight conf calls, re-working and testing again...  Out of pocket for VPS nodes, web hosting, domain name, web site development (and still growing).  Buying up computers to get an initial net hash rate up to prevent a 51% attack on day one...

For the last 6 months, if I was not at work, I was working on code. If I got 4 hours sleep a night, that was good.  On weekends 20 hour days and 3 pots of coffee was the norm.  What was really annoying is just when you thought your goals were done for the day, and you are dreaming about code and watching it compile in your sleep...  You wake up after only an hour, to start working again for another 8 hours or more.

So eventually, the devs too will earn for what they worked for.  But, it will not be at the expense of the coin, the community or the markets.  There will never be a dump.  But eventually, we too, would like to earn from our labor.

I hope I can get this across, that our intentions are genuine for the life of the coin.  As any developer will tell you, supporting a coin is a full time job.  Even now, laying together plans for the next gen ROI wallet to begin work in a month or so.  I do plan on quitting my day job in a year or two, to work on this full time, depends on what the coin and the markets are doing.  Even then, it will be a slow bleed off, to get a weekly paycheck.  There really is nothing I can say.  Other than, stick around and observe how everything plays out over the next 30 years.  Should be a wild and profitable ride for the miners, investors, and anyone who has a stake in the outcome of this coin.

Or, if you would like, I believe CryptoNote has a fancy little calculator which will make you a coin.

DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:32:56 PM

This was sometimes also a problem on holdcoin. So It would be very nice for the community if such activity can be blocked for roicoin. It is not funny for the "normal" miners. From my point of view all hashrates over 2KH can be blocked (if possible) because they don't come from normal standalone pc/hardware.

Julia

Interesting thought but the question begs as to how to prevent the proverbial work around?  So now instead of a user using 1 nicehash account with 20K hash they just create 10 different login accounts with 2k hash each? You see where I'm going with this....
rohitm

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:42:23 PM

Julia

Interesting thought but the question begs as to how to prevent the proverbial work around?  So now instead of a user using 1 nicehash account with 20K hash they just create 10 different login accounts with 2k hash each? You see where I'm going with this....

Plus can that account for hashing power of pools? My understanding is that all the power from a pool goes to the mining as one miner and not divided by each address - correct me if I'm wrong.

shewadiwadi

Activity: 332
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:43:58 PM

Is there any mining tutorial for ubuntu to mine with vps? pool.
Plainkoin

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:05:06 PM

Julia

Plus can that account for hashing power of pools? My understanding is that all the power from a pool goes to the mining as one miner and not divided by each address - correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is a NiceHasher, it is possible to blacklist 20K hashers from the pool?  I am not familiar with NiceHash, so if there is also a 15K, 10K?  Yes they could come back in at say 2K hash with 10 accounts (for example), but at least that would put them more on a level playing field, versus a hoover vac in the room.  Just curious...

ZiGgYman

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:12:17 PM

yeah pre mine is too high
most it of needs to be given away in airdrops
to stand any chance of getting anywhere
IMHO most of premine coins should be locked and plan of premine use with dates of releasmet should be given.

Yes, in fact a large portion of the coins have been locked, and once matured, will likely be locked again. To address your concern as well as someone else's question about why there were multiple addresses with values of 1 million each.  That I believe was 4 or 5 wallets, with the balances locked up, just using a new receiving address on each locked deposit for auditing purposes in the future.

While we have the backing of our investor, he too is in no rush to get his money back out.  The community and letting it grow organically, including the coin base on the exchanges will be coming from miners and other means of faucets, etc, to grow the coin base.  Once there is market equilibrium and miners balances are climbing, the investor will be paid back by slowly bleeding the coins into the exchanges.  He too wants a healthy and long lasting coin.  We were very fortunate to find a backer, that was not in a rush like your typical VC types for a payday.

To "state" a release date would be premature at this time.  We want to see a strong market place with good coin value and large trading volume by investors.  Why?  Scarcity drives demand and demand drives price.  This is also why there is no halving on mining rewards for the life of the coin.  We want you to make money on this coin, as well as miners who come aboard 5-10 years down the road.  If you can make $120 a day off one block, at $1 a coin, we want that for you.

I don't know if you would call it a slush fund, eventually but slowly, it has to be paid back to the investor by term depositing to earn it back.  In the meantime, at the discretion of the dev team (meaning we don't have to ask permission from the investor), premine is also being used to pay bounties for services (listed a few pages back) by interested parties.  As also mentioned in previous posts, plans are in the works for faucets and other legitimate ways to get more coins out into circulation.

Regarding bounties already paid out...  DisasterFaster does post them on payout.  But your suggestion is a good one.  Maintaining a list of pay outs and future faucets, etc...  I will bring this up to the web dev and the rest of the team...  Maybe an audit page of sorts?
Plainkoin thanks for comprehensive  explanation.
juliara

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:26:43 PM

Julia

If it is a NiceHasher, it is possible to blacklist 20K hashers from the pool?  I am not familiar with NiceHash, so if there is also a 15K, 10K?  Yes they could come back in at say 2K hash with 10 accounts (for example), but at least that would put them more on a level playing field, versus a hoover vac in the room.  Just curious...

I also don't know about the technical details for nicehash or something similar. But at the moment the user has 200KH so if there would be a 2KH max he would need 100 accounts. Perhaps it would be possible to block something like nicehash completly. For me the best thing of this coin (and before hodlcoin RIP) is that "normal users" can mine with their pcs and can get some coins and so it is very decentral mining. No mining farms, etc. But users with 200KH hashrate destroy this advantage of the coin because "normal users" lose interest.

Julia
rohitm

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:33:34 PM

I also don't know about the technical details for nicehash or something similar. But at the moment the user has 200KH so if there would be a 2KH max he would need 100 accounts. Perhaps it would be possible to block something like nicehash completly. For me the best thing of this coin (and before hodlcoin RIP) is that "normal users" can mine with their pcs and can get some coins and so it is very decentral mining. No mining farms, etc. But users with 200KH hashrate destroy this advantage of the coin because "normal users" lose interest.

Julia

Absolutely agree with that sentiment. I started mining because of the community and because of the possibility of my minion cpu being able to mine a few coins. If that doesn't exist anymore, then it is as good or bad as BTC in terms of mining. We should definitely look at some ways of restricting this kind of behavior.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:46:24 PM

does Nicehash mine from a certain IP address? could this be banned if so?
DisasterFaster (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:56:19 PM

Wow lot of great feedback here!

From the beginning we did want ROI to be mined by common PC's and even had discussions about if it were possible to ban pool mining to make the coin solo mining only.

After much discussion and debate it was decided not to ban pool mining for various reasons.

With that being said, there was concern of issues stemming from botnets that could push the common solo miner into hopelessness but so far that hasn't happened that I'm aware of.

The issue of someone using nicehash to throw enormous hash at the coin had not been considered and obviously it is coming up now. Based on the feedback of the community and the intent of the coin I think we should see what steps could be taken to put some sort of check in place to deal with this.

I am going to reach out to the mining pool dev right now and see what options might be available...
Plainkoin

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

Wow lot of great feedback here!

From the beginning we did want ROI to be mined by common PC's and even had discussions about if it were possible to ban pool mining to make the coin solo mining only.

After much discussion and debate it was decided not to ban pool mining for various reasons.

With that being said, there was concern of issues stemming from botnets that could push the common solo miner into hopelessness but so far that hasn't happened that I'm aware of.

The issue of someone using nicehash to throw enormous hash at the coin had not been considered and obviously it is coming up now. Based on the feedback of the community and the intent of the coin I think we should see what steps could be taken to put some sort of check in place to deal with this.

I am going to reach out to the mining pool dev right now and see what options might be available...

Thank you and agreed!  We need to find a way, to keep this in the hands of everyday people.  That was our intent from the start.

warden

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

Why can't you just ban the IP of the user who throws a lot of hashing power at the coin?  Is that possible

Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:56:39 PM

Ultimately people throwing absurd Hashrates at the pool have more money than brains, all they do is drive the difficulty up, without getting more coins than if they would use the same total hashing power over a longer period of time.

It's difficult to implement some form of limitation unless you are willing to ban Cloud farming.
rohitm

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:57:07 PM

Why can't you just ban the IP of the user who throws a lot of hashing power at the coin?  Is that possible

That may not be possible in the era of cloud mining - IP can be changed very easily.

One option might be blocking wallet addresses which, let's say get more than 50% of the generated coins over a specific period of time (e.g., 100 blocks) but easy workarounds like generating 100s of wallet addresses are possible for this as well plus not sure how this'll work in case of pools.

Capping the hashpower per system/connection might make more sense. Thoughts?

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:59:28 PM

the pool operator can ban nicehash easily, as their logs show quite obviously where the hash comes from

BUT : they don't need to. all they need to do is lower the max diff on the pool to like 128 , and nicehash shares will all be rejected Cheesy

The pool owner opened the flood gates when they raised the max diff to 1024 (by community request, but none the less, thats what did it)

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: