Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Armory Wallet be made compatible with the Trezor hardware wallet?  (Read 9478 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:07:14 PM

You could host your own full node, and electrum server (or jelectrum).  I've been asking the folks at mycelium to allow a SPV connection to your own full node, this would also work

Ah, I'd not thought of that. Here are the instructions for setting up an Electrum server: https://www.sky-ip.org/configure-electrum-server-debian-ubuntu.html

At a glance, I'm not sure whether I care enough right now to attempt setting up an Electrum server, re-indexing the bitcoin blockchain using a different config option is not very enticing. It's good that the option does exist though, thanks AussieHash

Vires in numeris
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:43:54 AM

Trezor + MultibitHD + Full Node on localhost might also work. However it still SPV connects to other nodes, and only uses the first HD account
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:45:22 PM

No Trezor for me until I have Armory integration with multiple wallets.
Oh, and manually choosing inputs too.

Ente
japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 11:40:13 AM

Short answer:  yes

I was actually planning on getting in touch with them soon, to discuss some way we could help each other out.

Is there any chance of supporting the Ledger (HW.1) also? If so that would be awesome too!!

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:39:45 PM

Ente

I completely agree... I see no need to buy a Trezor without Armory integration.

But devs probably have a lot in their hands. I'm patient, tho Smiley It will be good for both Trezor and Armory when they're both compatible.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:51:09 PM

Ente

This deserves a donation!

Ente
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:34:33 PM

Ente

No, no trezor for me, not even donated!
:-P

(The new wallet format has to launch first for trezor integration, which is in the works already.
Yes, let's donate some to the Armory team: https://bitcoinarmory.com/contact/)

Ente
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:06:22 PM

Ente

No, no trezor for me, not even donated!
:-P

(The new wallet format has to launch first for trezor integration, which is in the works already.
Yes, let's donate some to the Armory team: https://bitcoinarmory.com/contact/)

Ente

I was talking about a donation to the Armory team too Smiley

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:44:54 AM

Ente

But devs probably have a lot in their hands. I'm patient, tho Smiley It will be good for both Trezor and Armory when they're both compatible.

On the other hand for myself I see no need to continue to use Armory until Trezor is supported. Using two computers for cold storage is a right pain in the butt and feels so outdated. I will be among the first to start using Armory again when I see a new build released with full Trezor support.

Ente
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:44:59 AM

Everyone has his own priorities, concerning dedicated hardware, multiple wallets, size, security and costs.
Armory + Trezor should solve this for many individual preferences though.

Ente
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:01:44 PM

Incidentally, I have discovered that out of all the options available, there is no possibility to use a Trezor with wallet software that protects your extended public key and/or public key seed (not sure which of those each piece of wallet software uses). This is as a result of the non-decentralised aspects of those wallets; even Multibit must reveal the pertaining extended public key to the bitcoin core nodes that it uses to validate each transaction.

Armory is the only prospect for using a Trezor privately, particularly important if you would also like to use the Trezor for authenticating logins. I'd like to use a hardware wallet for the long term, but if there's any question as to whether Trezor integration will happen, then I'll have to start thinking about alternatives. Can we get some kind of commitment that the integration will happen? I am willing to help test etc

Note that MultiBit HD doesn't actually give your extended public key to the Core nodes to get the relevant transactions.
It DOES give information about the addresses (in the form of a bloom filter) but the extended public key never leaves your machine.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:03:05 PM

Incidentally, I have discovered that out of all the options available, there is no possibility to use a Trezor with wallet software that protects your extended public key and/or public key seed (not sure which of those each piece of wallet software uses). This is as a result of the non-decentralised aspects of those wallets; even Multibit must reveal the pertaining extended public key to the bitcoin core nodes that it uses to validate each transaction.

Armory is the only prospect for using a Trezor privately, particularly important if you would also like to use the Trezor for authenticating logins. I'd like to use a hardware wallet for the long term, but if there's any question as to whether Trezor integration will happen, then I'll have to start thinking about alternatives. Can we get some kind of commitment that the integration will happen? I am willing to help test etc

Note that MultiBit HD doesn't actually give your extended public key to the Core nodes to get the relevant transactions.
It DOES give information about the addresses (in the form of a bloom filter) but the extended public key never leaves your machine.

In practice Jim, that's not such a great consolation, but I do understand the difference: nodes resolving SPV bloom filter requests can determine all the previous used addresses that pertain to a given xpub, but not every address that will be used in future (as would be the case if the xpub was shared with the node)

Vires in numeris
jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 06:47:55 PM

any update on this? I've just bought a Trezor, is Armory going to be compatible with it soon/ever?

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:25:27 PM

+1.
I'm starting to recommend Trezor+Electrum to people now. Although it's worse than Armory in most aspects, I can't recommend Armory to anyone any more except the die-hard early-adopter, which of course doesn't need recommendations any more.

This feels much worse than a sudden end of a great FOSS project: it's a slow fade into insignificance.
Which, maybe, is exactly what ATI was planning to do.

Ente
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 01:07:47 PM

slush recently mentioned in this thread on reddit that soon a Bitpay Bitcore full node will support Trezor. If you do not want to run your own Bitcore full node (will need a laptop running linux) there will be an option in myTrezor.com to connect to public Bitcore servers like localbitcoinschain.com, insight.bitpay.com or blockexplorer.com instead of the SatoshiLabs servers. Even setting up your own Bitcore node on a spare linux laptop would be easier than running an Electrum server.

Ente
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:32:49 PM

That's good news, thanks!
Here's the comment thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4aol6e/i_finally_moved_my_bitcoin_off_coinbase_to_trezor/d12b50d

Decentralize all the things!

Ente
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:04:06 PM

Nonetheless, im still looking forward to Trezor support in Armory Smiley

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 06:48:41 PM

Ente

You might be waiting a long time. When you can run myTrezor with your own Bitcore node at home will that not take care of lack of privacy concerns?

Ente
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:46:50 AM

Yes, but we all are here because we insist on the very best bitcoin wallet. Armory. :-)
Trezor with a decentralized node is great and important too. And not everyone believes they need the whole Armory featureset.

Still, I'll be waiting for the Armory Trezor integration.

Ente
Max_Headroom

Activity: 36
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 09:08:26 PM

If I am not mistaken Trezor guys made a bid on developing an open source hardware based on RISC-V ..

since I am just a scholar interested in Unix history... I was wondering ...

When Linus Torvalds first heard about GPG? (GNU Compiler dated 1987, Linus OS 1991 and GPG 1999)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: