Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NMC] Namecoin Wallet (QT) with integrated Name Registration v3.75  (Read 78498 times)
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:46:34 AM

This is a big leap for namecoin usability. Thanks to snailbrain and team for working on this!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crendore

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:59:41 AM

Weird, I haven't seen this crash on my machines. I'll take a look at that code as soon as I can, though. Do you have Qt or Boost installed on your machine? Sometimes dyld will load libs from your local machine instead of the ones packaged in the .app bundle, and then the app itself gets confused because it gets a different version of Qt or Boost than it expected.

Yes i do, how do i force it to not load the local machines DYLD? i thought that was what the qtmacdeployment command did, i.e. alias the libraries to the app's libraries and not the the local machines libraries.

Does the client run fine for you? this is just me?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:40:18 PM

Have a problem compiling it on Linux:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb_cxx
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [namecoind] Error 1

All needed .so files are installed and are located in /usr/lib (Boost is version 1.50). Tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib but no success. Bug or am I doing something wrong?

oh lord, I've had that problem so many times with compiling bitcoin as well. I forget what I did, but I recomend following a bitcoin compiling tutorial that specifically addresses this issue- the boost problem is always driving me crazy.

more or less retired.
Joshwaa

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:57:07 PM

Thanks for this! Nice Work!

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
maxpower

Activity: 456

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:07:07 PM

Weird, I haven't seen this crash on my machines. I'll take a look at that code as soon as I can, though. Do you have Qt or Boost installed on your machine? Sometimes dyld will load libs from your local machine instead of the ones packaged in the .app bundle, and then the app itself gets confused because it gets a different version of Qt or Boost than it expected.

Yes i do, how do i force it to not load the local machines DYLD? i thought that was what the qtmacdeployment command did, i.e. alias the libraries to the app's libraries and not the the local machines libraries.

It does run fine for me, but of my two Macs, one has Boost 1.48 (which I used to compile the wallet) installed and one doesn't have Boost or Qt installed at all. I'm not sure how to force dyld to do the right thing; maybe remove the directories that have the Qt and Boost libs from DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Has anyone else tried my Namecoin-Qt on a Mac running Lion or above? How did it work for you?

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
BTC: 13wuRW8v1PtZrbKKrBfT5JcuiCwpMqpCmY
maxpower

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:39:48 PM

It does run fine for me, but of my two Macs, one has Boost 1.48 (which I used to compile the wallet) installed and one doesn't have Boost or Qt installed at all. I'm not sure how to force dyld to do the right thing; maybe remove the directories that have the Qt and Boost libs from DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Has anyone else tried my Namecoin-Qt on a Mac running Lion or above? How did it work for you?

Doesn't really work for me because it fails at this error.

main.h:19:23: error: sys/prctl.h: No such file or directory

That's a compile error, right? You're not running my binary?

FWIW, I think that is #ifdef'd out if you have MAC_OSX defined, though I don't have the source in front of me to verify that.

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:43:00 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 03:56:34 AM by marcus_of_augustus

snailbrain : just discovered a nasty bug ... linux mint 64-bit ... I tried to "Backup Wallet" and selected the destination file I had used for a previous namecoin-qt wallet back-up. It crashed immediately and left following error message.

Code:
Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

EXCEPTION: N5boost11filesystem316filesystem_errorE      
boost::filesystem::copy_file: File exists: "/home/noone/.namecoin/wallet.dat", "/home/noone/Documents/nmc_wallet.dat"      
namecoin in Runaway exception      

Segmentation fault

Edit: if this happens to anyone else be V. careful about what you do next or you may lose all your namecoins. The file wallet.dat left in data dir should be in a current state but the back-up wallet file in the destination dir may not contains keys of the current wallet. Proceed with extreme caution or you could easily lose namecoins ... I noticed that my total wallet balance was left in a state of "sent to a now non-existing key". I had taken precaution of making manual back-ups before this occurred so no harm done ...

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:23:15 PM

snailbrain : just discovered a nasty bug ... linux mint 64-bit ... I tried to "Backup Wallet" and selected the destination file I had used for a previous namecoin-qt wallet back-up. It crashed immediately and left following error message.

Code:

boost::filesystem::copy_file: File exists: "/home/noone/.namecoin/wallet.dat", "/home/noone/Documents/nmc_wallet.dat"      

Segmentation fault

Edit: if this happens to anyone else be V. careful about what you do next or you may lose all your namecoins. The file wallet.dat left in data dir should be in a current state but the back-up wallet file in the destination dir may not contains keys of the current wallet. Proceed with extreme caution or you could easily lose namecoins ... I noticed that my total wallet balance was left in a state of "sent to a now non-existing key". I had taken precaution of making manual back-ups before this occurred so no harm done ...

thanks for the info moa..

does this happen every time you try to backup over an existing backup? (or it works every time it's a new file?)
sorry, but is it possible to test, in case it's something else? (Safely of course)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:41:04 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 12:01:25 AM by snailbrain

Code:

Segmentation fault

"It happens if an old Boost version is used (< 1.40.0) and you're backing up the wallet into an existing file. Old Boost did not have overwrite file option. I looked in the Bitcoin source, they do not specifically handle this (file overwrite), but make it show an error (instead of full crash). So I guess we'll just copy Bitcoin approach."

https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt/commit/dd3cfe49295e9bc0531b213f3ac0102448945d13

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Code:

Segmentation fault

"It happens if an old Boost version is used (< 1.40.0) and you're backing up the wallet into an existing file. Old Boost did not have overwrite file option. I looked in the Bitcoin source, they do not specifically handle this (file overwrite), but make it show an error (instead of full crash). So I guess we'll just copy Bitcoin approach."

https://github.com/namecoin-qt/namecoin-qt/commit/dd3cfe49295e9bc0531b213f3ac0102448945d13

Good work. I'll test that in the next day or so (doing some back-ups right now).

I noticed a couple of other boost errors (might be related to older version) but they are not major (one on shutdown for example) and will post them when I isolate them better.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6080

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:40:20 AM

Code:

All needed .so files are installed and are located in /usr/lib (Boost is version 1.50). Tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib but no success. Bug or am I doing something wrong?

oh lord, I've had that problem so many times with compiling bitcoin as well. I forget what I did, but I recomend following a bitcoin compiling tutorial that specifically addresses this issue- the boost problem is always driving me crazy.

Yes I had searched a bit here in the forums and the suggestion I read was to install all -dev / -devel packages (what I did) or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory with the required libs. But I had no success with this Sad If someone knows a tutorial addressing the issue, I would be happy with a link Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:38:18 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 09:09:20 AM by marcus_of_augustus

Code:

Yes I had searched a bit here in the forums and the suggestion I read was to install all -dev / -devel packages (what I did) or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory with the required libs. But I had no success with this Sad If someone knows a tutorial addressing the issue, I would be happy with a link Smiley

It is most likely platform specific and perhaps related to the way that qmake produces the linking commands for the compiler in Makefile ... so very difficult to debug for someone not on your machine without more info than ... "it doesn't work".

First things first, what OS are you one? (linux is too broad an answer ... also post your Makefile that should be in same dir as namecoin-qt.pro and produced when you run "qmake").

NB: if you went on #namecoin irc and asked for help to get it debugged in real-time is much easier than a painfully extended back and forward on forum which is most likely going to end up in "Forgot" or "Who-Cares?" baskets.

crendore

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:32:20 AM

Your build seems to work for me. But i don't see the new tools for domain registration, maybe that didn't get ported to OSX?

maxpower

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:43:16 PM

Your build seems to work for me. But i don't see the new tools for domain registration, maybe that didn't get ported to OSX?

Are you using my 3.56 build, or 3.61? 3.61 should have the domain registration functionality. I realized that I never posted 3.61 to my Mac Wallets thread. Tongue Just fixed that.

crendore

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:45:07 PM

Ahhhh! yeah, i just grabbed the one from your wallet thread, guess that was the old one.

Yeah, still get the instacrash from boost
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101effcb7 boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::spin_recursive_mutex::lock() + 71
1   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f8bda1 AddressTablePriv::refreshAddressTable() + 87
2   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f8a72c AddressTableModel::AddressTableModel(CWallet*, WalletModel*) + 272
3   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f8a7e6 AddressTableModel::AddressTableModel(CWallet*, WalletModel*) + 28
4   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101fd26d2 WalletModel::WalletModel(CWallet*, OptionsModel*, QObject*) + 160
5   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101fd27cc WalletModel::WalletModel(CWallet*, OptionsModel*, QObject*) + 28
6   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f6a1d7 main + 5527
7   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101de3204 start + 52

strange.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:46:55 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 02:57:26 PM by TheSwede75

Being just programming savvy enough to usually get myself into trouble I for one would love a 'Howto .bit for absolute morons' with examples on the entire process for setting up a .bit domain with forward for existing .com etc. domain

Where I am currently:

1. I have registered the .bit domain through the newest QT wallet. It reports that both name_firstname and name_newname transactions are done
2. I used the {\"translate\":\"www.example.com.\"} variable to set the .bit name to a currently existing and live website address
3. ??

I assume from what I can tell that I need to set nameservers. Problem is, what name servers?
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:50:56 PM

Being just programming savvy enough to usually get myself into trouble I for one would love a 'Howto .bit for absolute morons' with examples on the entire process for setting up a .bit domain with forward for existing .com etc. domain

I would like to know a bit (ha) more about this too. In the meantime TheSwede75, namecoin.com will do it for you for like 2NMC per year and you can specify the forwarding at registration (though I havent sorted out how to change it if you want to reforward it quite yet and it doesnt seem to work for /subdomains, havent tried subdomain. yet).
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:25:26 PM

the next release should make it much easier to configure a domain...

here is a sneak peak (this may change)

to access .bit domains..
you can use a proxy like this http://proxy.dot-bit.org/
There is also chrome/firefox extensions which use a proxy, although i have not tried them, nor do i know who made them

but, you are then relying on a third party..

http://dot-bit.org/How_To_Browse_Bit_Domains
http://dot-bit.org/HowToBrowseBitDomainsAdvanced

we will hopefully soon have an easy secure solution for browsing .bit domains.. currently it's a "little" complex for the standard user.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:33:43 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 05:06:05 PM by TheSwede75

the next release should make it much easier to configure a domain...

here is a sneak peak (this may change)

to access .bit domains..
you can use a proxy like this http://proxy.dot-bit.org/
There is also chrome/firefox extensions which use a proxy, although i have not tried them, nor do i know who made them

but, you are then relying on a third party..

http://dot-bit.org/How_To_Browse_Bit_Domains
http://dot-bit.org/HowToBrowseBitDomainsAdvanced

we will hopefully soon have an easy secure solution for browsing .bit domains.. currently it's a "little" complex for the standard user.

That is fantastic! Thank you for your hard work. Just preregistered all my company and personal domains as .bit

Do you have an ETA on the new QT release?
maxpower

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:34:54 PM

Ahhhh! yeah, i just grabbed the one from your wallet thread, guess that was the old one.

Yeah, still get the instacrash from boost
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101effcb7 boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::spin_recursive_mutex::lock() + 71
1   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f8bda1 AddressTablePriv::refreshAddressTable() + 87
2   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f8a72c AddressTableModel::AddressTableModel(CWallet*, WalletModel*) + 272
3   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f8a7e6 AddressTableModel::AddressTableModel(CWallet*, WalletModel*) + 28
4   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101fd26d2 WalletModel::WalletModel(CWallet*, OptionsModel*, QObject*) + 160
5   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101fd27cc WalletModel::WalletModel(CWallet*, OptionsModel*, QObject*) + 28
6   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101f6a1d7 main + 5527
7   Namecoin-Qt                    0x0000000101de3204 start + 52

strange.

Does it work if you move your Boost dylibs out of dyld's path?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: