Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 2463 times)
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:13:04 PM

A moderator already said they will delete posts marketing in other peoples' threads. Imagine if you made a thread selling and the first five replies were competitors offering other/better deals.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:43:00 PM

A moderator already said they will delete posts marketing in other peoples' threads. Imagine if you made a thread selling and the first five replies were competitors offering other/better deals.

Free market, that is what it is called. If people can do that, then your prices weren't competitive to start.
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:52:51 PM

Free market, that is what it is called. If people can do that, then your prices weren't competitive to start.

The idea is that this is a forum for communicating about Bitcoin FIRST.  If all threads devolve into everyone out-advertising each other then the forum will become MORE useless than it is now.

I guess I thought that a user could moderate their own threads, if they are so created that way to begin with.  Doesn't that make this a moot point?

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:40:32 PM

You're an idiot.

If a person starts a thread to sell or auction their belongings or services you shouldn't be trolling that thread and posting competitive products or services in that thread. That's what we are talking about. Go make a different thread with your product. Post it in your signature line etc. but do not troll competitors threads and market your products/services in their thread.

It is called marketing not trolling, I can see you never started a site.

Again, it's not marketing, it's just pure asseholery.

For every customer you gain, many more will blacklist you forever.

Asshole.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 07:55:31 PM

it's just pure asseholery.
^ This

^ this for sure

Asshole.
^ and most importantly this
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:10:59 PM

You're an idiot.

If a person starts a thread to sell or auction their belongings or services you shouldn't be trolling that thread and posting competitive products or services in that thread. That's what we are talking about. Go make a different thread with your product. Post it in your signature line etc. but do not troll competitors threads and market your products/services in their thread.

It is called marketing not trolling, I can see you never started a site.

Again, it's not marketing, it's just pure asseholery.

Asshole.

Thanks for making all your points invalid by just name calling.

The idea is that this is a forum for communicating about Bitcoin FIRST.  If all threads devolve into everyone out-advertising each other then the forum will become MORE useless than it is now.

I guess I thought that a user could moderate their own threads, if they are so created that way to begin with.  Doesn't that make this a moot point?

No cause if your competitive then it shouldn't happen.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:00:30 PM

I actually like you Gweedo. Many people always say oh you have to be super smart, a nerd or computer geek to understand Bitcoin and figure out how to "use" it. But then you come along and remind us that intelligence is not a factor.
progolferJP

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:09:51 PM

I hate trolls...
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:37:34 PM

I actually like you Gweedo. Many people always say oh you have to be super smart, a nerd or computer geek to understand Bitcoin and figure out how to "use" it. But then you come along and remind us that intelligence is not a factor.

Why do you have just attack? Did run out of logical arguments to prove your point?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:59:33 PM

Why do you have just attack? Did run out of logical arguments to prove your point?

Why should I respect someone who has no respect for others?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:02:10 AM

Why should I respect someone who has no respect for others?

Just cause I employ a certain method for marketing makes me not have any respect LMAO you probably have a hard time finding work then.

Anyway, you are clearly the troll in this situation, I have done nothing but respected you and your opinion and actually explained my reasoning, but you just think calling someone names makes you automatically smarter and better. That really isn't how it works. But keep thinking that. Wink
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 12:57:57 AM

Just cause I employ a certain method for marketing makes me not have any respect LMAO you probably have a hard time finding work then.

I will not get in too a pissing match with you on this one. All I will say is that I have been very fortunate in my endeavors and am very thankful for it.

Anyway, you are clearly the troll in this situation

How so? This is my thread.

I have done nothing but respected you and your opinion and actually explained my reasoning, but you just think calling someone names makes you automatically smarter and better. That really isn't how it works. But keep thinking that. Wink

I understand that's not how this works. I have a very different opinion of how things should be done. Respect goes a long way and I believe is what has contributed to my success thus far in my life. I think it was said best that "for every customer you pick up you will lose 10".

I still for the life of me can not understand your mentality. Maybe you can break it down for me in a different way because I honestly think their is a misunderstanding here.

Example-
I sell Casascius Coins.
I start a thread stating that I am selling Casascius Coins.
It is my sales thread that I started for the product I am offering for sale.
(this is where I want to make sure I understand you)
You feel it is okay to come on that thread and post that you are also selling casascius coins and anyone looking for them should look at your thread?

If that is what you are saying then I very much disagree with your mentality. That is not advertising, marketing or any other term that would make what you are doing sound okay. It is disrespectful, conniving, makes you look like a snake. As I said before just because this is the internet does not give you the right to troll other peoples sales thread to post competing items in said thread.

Now posting your items or referring to your items in general public threads, posting info in your signature, buying legitimate ad space etc. is all fine. By all means, please do. 
slackers

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:01:43 AM

I AM UNDERSTAND YOU PAIN 100%

say 1 guy american know what we do not do [say blah you russian fuck bear with knife] (i not understand what he say me but including the word cunt fuck i am sure)

brother lissen i seriously guy

i sell any day 1000 or 6000 bitcoins [aka buble scene bear hunting]

load my mybank.ru more 10000k or 10kk every day week

not need people say what you do or not do to be true FUCK
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:48:12 AM

I AM UNDERSTAND YOU PAIN 100%

say 1 guy american know what we do not do [say blah you russian fuck bear with knife] (i not understand what he say me but including the word cunt fuck i am sure)

brother lissen i seriously guy

i sell any day 1000 or 6000 bitcoins [aka buble scene bear hunting]

load my mybank.ru more 10000k or 10kk every day week

not need people say what you do or not do to be true FUCK

right on

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 04:02:00 PM

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 04:55:30 PM

This wins!
maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:22:46 PM

There is one too many here but they exist everywhere.. its the internet.

Anyone care to speculate on how many trolls exist on bitcointalk now? Seriously it's like every time I read a thread now someone is posting rude, obscene, smart ass, are competitive product posts in other people's threads and items for sale posts.

Feel free to vent your frustrations here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: