Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User: LitecoinFoundation is a fraud  (Read 828 times)
aspect (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:06:48 PM

The following is some type of a fraud/scam designed to sabotage fundraising being done by the Litecoin development team:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236413.0

I have replied to the thread and my response has been immediately deleted by the original poster.

My original response follows:

Hello,

Few issues here:

1 - The donations that are made are not made to specific individuals but to the development team.  The development team is managed by coblee and it's use of funds is decided by discussion with all team members on IRC and via the development mailing list.

2 - I have refused any personal donations and have contributed significant amounts of time and money toward the project over the last year. I am not new to LTC and if you ask around you will find that a lot of seasoned LTC supporters know me for a very long time.  I have been one of the strongest supporters of the project since mid-2012 BCX 'attack'.

3 - There will be no external conditions imposed by anyone on what should be or should not be done with the funds received by the development team.  These funds are used to cover project related expenses and to compensate external developers and consultants for their work at the discretion of the team.

If you are interested in donating, please donate as requested on the official fundraiser at: https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,3874.msg27094.html#msg27094

If you would like to receive credit for the donation, please contact Warren and he will add your name to the official list of donors.

---

Now, to my knowledge, there is no such thing as Litecoin Foundation.  Such organization has been discussed in depth on our internal channels and as far as I remember further discussion on this topic has been planned to take place after 0.6.x and 0.8.x releases.

Can you please contact coblee here or in private and describe what exactly you are doing and what your intentions are?  Do you have a corporate structure and who is involved in this?  Until there is further real-life information from your direction in regards to your organization, I am unable to establish your level of credibility. Thus I will ignore any interaction with you until that is addressed.  Anyone can create new registration on the forums and register a domain, but not many people can handle unbiased support and development of a decentralized crypto-currency.

Personal note:

So far, your post looks no different then Litecoin-NG thread on reddit. You do realize that people who post threads with titles "XYZ donates to ABC" actually donate first and speak later (or contact us in private before donating).  The fact that a plethora of people working with us never heard of you and that this is your first post on bitcointalk...

aspect

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:42:24 PM

I don't really understand what he is trying to accomplish, maybe scam donations to his noble cause?

I wonder if he had deleted your post too if you had simply sent your LTC address. And if you'd recieve the coins.
But this still confuses me...  Huh
edit: Maybe reopen the thread in the Altcoin section, much more people will see it if it gets bumped a few times.

aspect (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:39:45 PM

Shocked by my response?  My response was straight on point.

I don't know what you are a member of, but the development team managed by Coblee now with 7 people concentrating on  the Litecoin project/eco-system has never heard about any of this.

Nor this was mentioned on the QA channels.

Warren had verified the coins days ago.

Verified which coins?  Can you please point out the confirmation here? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnlrnfU-U6E-dFVuUnlfZUlqek9JbzlNYjVENWp3ZlE&gid=0

Thanks
aspect (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

I will wait for coblee or warren to get in on this and other threads before having any further discussions in this regard.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:52:26 AM

The following is some type of a fraud/scam designed to sabotage fundraising being done by the Litecoin development team:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236413.0

I have replied to the thread and my response has been immediately deleted by the original poster.

My original response follows:

Hello,

Few issues here:

1 - The donations that are made are not made to specific individuals but to the development team.  The development team is managed by coblee and it's use of funds is decided by discussion with all team members on IRC and via the development mailing list.

2 - I have refused any personal donations and have contributed significant amounts of time and money toward the project over the last year. I am not new to LTC and if you ask around you will find that a lot of seasoned LTC supporters know me for a very long time.  I have been one of the strongest supporters of the project since mid-2012 BCX 'attack'.

3 - There will be no external conditions imposed by anyone on what should be or should not be done with the funds received by the development team.  These funds are used to cover project related expenses and to compensate external developers and consultants for their work at the discretion of the team.

If you are interested in donating, please donate as requested on the official fundraiser at: https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,3874.msg27094.html#msg27094

If you would like to receive credit for the donation, please contact Warren and he will add your name to the official list of donors.

---

Now, to my knowledge, there is no such thing as Litecoin Foundation.  Such organization has been discussed in depth on our internal channels and as far as I remember further discussion on this topic has been planned to take place after 0.6.x and 0.8.x releases.

Can you please contact coblee here or in private and describe what exactly you are doing and what your intentions are?  Do you have a corporate structure and who is involved in this?  Until there is further real-life information from your direction in regards to your organization, I am unable to establish your level of credibility. Thus I will ignore any interaction with you until that is addressed.  Anyone can create new registration on the forums and register a domain, but not many people can handle unbiased support and development of a decentralized crypto-currency.

Personal note:

So far, your post looks no different then Litecoin-NG thread on reddit. You do realize that people who post threads with titles "XYZ donates to ABC" actually donate first and speak later (or contact us in private before donating).  The fact that a plethora of people working with us never heard of you and that this is your first post on bitcointalk...

aspect

Why are you surprised? The "Bitcoin Foundation" is not significantly different. The Litecoin one just put a little less effort into window dressing (which is reasonable, the LTC just doesn't have the resources).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
aspect (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:18:23 PM

Litecoin Project is managed by the development team (currently 7 people), lead by Coblee (the project creator).  None of these people have ever heard about "Litecoin Foundation" before. (with the exception of Warren who spoke to Chaang Noi claiming to be a representative of the organization)  Furthermore, creation of Litecoin Foundation has been previously discussed among the members of the development team. 

My response (quoted by you) on their thread was immediately deleted without any explanation, which was immediately interpreted by me as a hostile action designed to circumvent team's fundraising efforts.  Furthermore, other then Chaang Noi stating that he is a member of this foundation, none of my requests to validate the claims that such foundation exists have been addressed.

I (and I am speaking on the behalf of the Litecoin project development team here) would like this organization to validate itself by at least establishing communication with the Litecoin project development team on Litecoin forums.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. If people actually did get together to form some type of a venture, please establish your credibility by communicating with the development team and state your goals and intentions.  Please do this publicly on the Litecoin forums.

Until this is done, our team with continue to dismiss this as someone's attempt at posing as some viable organization which does not exist in real world.

aspect
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: