Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FLO] A Worldwide Public Record | Alexandria | ETDB | Medici | 0.15 Segwit  (Read 515898 times)
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:19:46 PM

So, when does the beta start?

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newguy12

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:07:44 PM

So, when does the beta start?

+1, I'm curious as well, thought the beta was supposed to start last week. Also, will there really be a new fork of BTC v 0.10? What's the estimated timeline?

Thanks.
jcrubino

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:41:35 PM

Just found about florincoin in the last few weeks and was impressed by the implications in the whitepaper.

How developed is the color coin system in Florincoin?
Is it protocol compatible with OpenAssets?
jcrubino

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:13:50 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 06:01:17 PM by jcrubino

I have been working on creating hybrid assets of various altchains tokens and came to the conclusion that colored coins (thus my post above) was the way to go as it allows for hyper decentralization of the exchange of value among blockchains.

My basic approach to a provable decentralized chain exchange is:

1. proof of burn coins or use a multi-million year time locks
        a. in this transaction, embed the prepared colored coin issuing transaction on the other chain
        b. hash tag
 2. Issue Colored Coins on external chain with hash tag

This creates immutable cross-referenced color coins fit for value exchange on the external chain

Bitcoin would be great for this application for security purposes and audience but the metadata political limit might cause problems if used for anything other then the color coin issuance.

Using a meta friendly blockchain like Florin would allow an auditable decentralized clearing-house platform that can track coins burned and colored coins issued on external chains.

Overall this provides a platform viable as a distributed cross chain clearing-house platform and enable hyper decentralization of the altchain token and asset trade.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on this approach, on whether Florin should host this application protocol or should a fork take place to host this specific application.  As Florin is a Blockchain Tech creation, its seems a fork is the norm and is a good idea when the distribution of current currency is unknown, additionally the proof of work feature while proven might not be the best fit for this application purpose.  Yet I can't think of a better name than Florin and there is enough altcoins where reduce, reuse and recycle might be a smart choice. 

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:14:41 AM

funny to come to this thread of FlorinCoin, when I was searching for this ^^

https://florinapp.com/
socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:45:57 AM

I have been working on creating hybrid assets of various altchains tokens and came to the conclusion that colored coins (thus my post above) was the way to go as it allows for hyper decentralization of the exchange of value among blockchains.

My basic approach to a provable decentralized chain exchange is:

1. proof of burn coins or use a multi-million year time locks
        a. in this transaction, embed the prepared colored coin issuing transaction on the other chain
        b. hash tag
 2. Issue Colored Coins on external chain with hash tag

This creates immutable cross-referenced color coins fit for value exchange on the external chain

Bitcoin would be great for this application for security purposes and audience but the metadata political limit might cause problems if used for anything other then the color coin issuance.

Using a meta friendly blockchain like Florin would allow an auditable decentralized clearing-house platform that can track coins burned and colored coins issued on external chains.

Overall this provides a platform viable as a distributed cross chain clearing-house platform and enable hyper decentralization of the altchain token and asset trade.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on this approach, on whether Florin should host this application protocol or should a fork take place to host this specific application.  As Florin is a Blockchain Tech creation, its seems a fork is the norm and is a good idea when the distribution of current currency is unknown, additionally the proof of work feature while proven might not be the best fit for this application purpose.  Yet I can't think of a better name than Florin and there is enough altcoins where reduce, reuse and recycle might be a smart choice. 

Hi, sooner or later bitcoin will adapt to sidechain technology. Proof of Burn with coins created in sidechain is the future of Bitcoin. With this feature it will probably kill altcoins. BTC is worldwide accepted and with sidechains it will be as good as any other alt coin. There can be many sidechains, anonymous, fast, etc.. Even with smart contracts like Ethereum:)  It is much easier for Bitcoin to adapt to sidechain technology, compared to getting worldwide acceptance for some altcoin with sidechain technology.  But the fact is, sidechain technology is a huge advantage for altcoin compared to other alt coins.  Anyway, all those ideas can be obsolete compared to Thelonios+decerver technology. Check: https://thelonious.io/ and https://decerver.io/.
jcrubino

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:00:14 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 07:56:05 PM by jcrubino

I agree that this can be done with side chains, and this is part of the reason for this design.  It adapts to side chains or non side chained altchains. I am of the mind thinking there will be many blockchain based networks some day each with a specific niche.  If Bitcoin was the standard P2P payment network globally, I would not be surprised.  But I would be surprised if developers decided to only build new blockchain models off of sidechains.

There is a steady stream of work saying POS variations can be strong enough to run blockchains and have a tough time believing that Bitshares, Ethereum, NXT, and Peershares et. al. are just going to get made irrelevant by all the POW side chained alternatives.   So I am planning both for side chained and non side chained blockchains in the future that have their own economic systems.

Furthermore, Lighting Payment Channel based networks could provide a near real time off chain layer for smart contracts based on the basics outlined above alleviating blockchain bloat on any one blockchain that is not subject to the txnID malleability problems.

These are all contingencies I am balancing for.
Edkemper

Activity: 462

I love to trade

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:17:52 PM

this coin seem very promising so I've bought some!! Count me IN

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:11:26 AM

Any status updates on Alexandria? It looks dead given how much it's being talked about.
robzxxx

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:50:42 AM

any update? so how about status florin
Edkemper

I love to trade

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:52:18 AM

I've started my accumulation.  The future is bright imo

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

robzxxx

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:32:55 AM

i will buy more,, i need more florin,,  Grin
kprell40

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:52:58 AM

I need a updated addnode list

ty

worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:50:58 AM

Any status updates on Alexandria? It looks dead given how much it's being talked about.

It's not dead. I was invited into the private alpha about a month ago and it's still in development. It's just not one of those coins with a bunch of people hyping it (which is better as far as I'm concerned). 

I'm not accumulating anymore, but then, I did plenty of that last year when nobody was paying attention to it...
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:58:06 PM

hmmm.. big drop in bittrex.    Shocked
do we have to worry about something in the background?
any bad news for florin in Alexandria project?
what's the status of the project?
thank you
kprell40

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:15:09 PM

hmmm.. big drop in bittrex.    Shocked
do we have to worry about something in the background?
any bad news for florin in Alexandria project?
what's the status of the project?
thank you

I see what you mean, a couple days ago on a different forum I was reading they were talking about floorcoin and they expected it to rise anywhere from 500 to 750 satoshi by summer . so I don't know what's up, but I just bought some anyways  Smiley

gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:24:41 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 03:55:38 PM by gnargnar

well, i know that BTCarchitect (lead of Arch) seem to have a big interest in florin and project Alexandria.
We can see him re-twitting about Florin sometimes and even some direct tweets to @blocktechCEO
so, must be something big, but what?  this dump was quite unexpected tbh, hence why i'm asking what's going on
Edkemper

I love to trade

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:29:20 PM

well, i know that BTCarchitect (lead of Arch) seem to have a big interest in florin and project Alexandria.
We can see him re-twitting about Florin sometimes and even some direct tweets to @blocktechCEO
so, must be something big, but what?  this dump was quite unexpected tbh, hence why i'm asking what's going on

people who belive in FLO are just waiting for the release of alexandria, I know many who will wait at leas two months from now holding FLO.
I've bought some because I saw BTCA calling them many times. And we know BTCA is a trusted person right now, so I believe in FLO too.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

blocktechceo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:48:45 PM

Hi Folks

Just wanted to share this video walkthru to update everyone on the status of Alexandria!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoWBLFxcng

TL;DR - it's in alpha right now, we're aiming for a private beta release in 6 weeks, and public beta with open source code on github about 6 weeks after that. You can see the features that will be included in the private beta in the video, and there is a full run-down of planned feature development at www.Blocktech.com, where we are starting a crypto-only crowd funding campaign today. This isn't a coin offering, as Florincoin is of course already on the market, but a request for the community to contribute toward the development of a product designed to be used and owned by all.

The dev team and I try to keep an eye on this thread and will be happy to answer any questions we can.

Devon
metacoin

Activity: 437
Merit: 260

balance

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 12:08:52 AM

Small update on my part -

I've been unable to work on anything lately due to my computer being in for repairs followed shortly by a personal issue which has resulted in my inability to focus on work for the past weeks. Most of this has been sorted out and I will be hopefully returning to development work within a week or so.

Development on Alexandria doesn't depend solely on my input and the team has been able to get updates done without my involvement lately; I will soon be working hard again on the project to ensure we reach the May 26th goal for public beta release.

By the way, this is hilarious:

source

pin.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: