Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:36:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My wallet was just hacked  (Read 2334 times)
macintosh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:11:09 PM

I wish you the best of luck in getting your bitcoins back

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Petomai

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:15:21 PM

is it possible to get one's bitcoins back after they have been stollen? The whole system is built to be anonymous and has no centralization so there's no way to put insurance on the bitcoins is there?  Huh I would think once it's gone it's gone.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

is it possible to get one's bitcoins back after they have been stollen? The whole system is built to be anonymous and has no centralization so there's no way to put insurance on the bitcoins is there?  Huh I would think once it's gone it's gone.
No way to get them back unless the thief gives them back.

Basically once they are gone they are gone.

Did you store your private key on your mac? Private keys should be kept in cold storage (ie: offline computers). Perhaps a hacker found your private key.
I appreciate you are trying to help (or just get your post count up) but FYI when you install a client on your computer all your private keys are kept in the wallet.  That is the way it works.  Your question does not make any sense.  Your statement "Private keys should be kept in cold storage" also makes no sense.

Did your coins show up yet
What do you mean "show up"?  Show up from where?  We all know exactly where all 3.17115309 of his coins went. They are here:  

https://blockchain.info/address/1HeAK9siHVWYfWGBVBcGz13WUZkYs5aUGx

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
wcx

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:26:24 PM

Did this totally clean out your wallet?  I noticed 0.01 BTC left on 1Gi9WcK7gVufFf3eZ5jjK6nWRbPRcigLtH in this transaction.  Strange they did not totally clean you out.
Yes, they kindly left 0.01 BTC in my wallet.

Random8

consider it as a tip... loll

joking aside.. sorry about it...
clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:37:37 PM

Hope you get them back!

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄