Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:57:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did i get hacked? Need help  (Read 360 times)
henkcryptotank (OP)

Activity: 721
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:50:02 PM

So, i have an item for sale in the bitcoin marketplace, here on the forum.
I got quite a bit of response, so i was busy going through my messages,
and got a bit careless.
I got a message from member GaddaKhan saying this:

hi henkcryptotank

i've replied to you:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2267392.0

Thanks

I clicked it without thinking.
The fake link directed me to this adress:

ht tp://detallesfalleros.com/index/?u=henkcryptotank&r=2297366

What the hell does this mean, what precautions should i take??
Could someone help me with this one, im a bit freaking out.

Thanks, Hank
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:55:51 PM

It's a phishing address. If you typed your password (he hope that you will think that this the forum and you got logged out) then he probably have your password right now and you should change it. Report the P.M as well so the administration check and ban him.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Anabolacys

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:00:52 PM

Waw, why people take other people account here. i think it's easy to build your account here, no need to post your id .
henkcryptotank (OP)

Activity: 721
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

It's a phishing address. If you typed your password (he hope that you will think that this the forum and you got logged out) then he probably have your password right now and you should change it. Report the P.M as well so the administration check and ban him.

Thanks for this fast response!
I will take steps.

Greets, Hank
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:49:01 PM

Waw, why people take other people account here. i think it's easy to build your account here, no need to post your id .

So people can get high ranked member accounts -> sell them for BTC and run away. Good job OP for recognizing the obscure link.

Can we take down that website by sending a mail to the registrar, or implement some kind of URL checker on the forum or something.

WHOIS information: https://www.whois.com/whois/detallesfalleros.com

djaliel

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:49:29 PM

I think it's a phishing, many web addresses now use airdrop traps, whereas it is a web phishing,
always look at every address you visit!!!
and be careful!!! do not use the same password with important accounts!!!
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:31:47 PM

SUGGESTION: The "url" tag can't be used in sending PMs. The admins should implement this since at these cases we don't necessarily quote it to hence the victim will not know whether it is the actual or a phising website unless you made the mistake, had read threads like this or just foreseen it.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:05:05 PM

and got a bit careless.

hi henkcryptotank

i've replied to you:

Thanks

Thanks, Hank
You should also report this user with links zo admins. They can analyse and ban, if needed.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:42:46 PM

You can't be careful enough on this forum. I really try not to click on links on this forum because chances are they contain some sort of keylogger or some miner that secretly mines Monero using my cpu. Try to avoid those links and invest in a good anti-virus sofware and you should be good to go. I'm reporting this guy and you should do so too.
brownfly

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:12:38 AM

yep, if you entered your credentials then your account is compromised. it was the phishing form and it is still active!
Apparently original site was hacked and the phishing page was implanted.

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
GaddaKhan1

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:08:18 AM

and got a bit careless.

hi henkcryptotank

i've replied to you:

Thanks

Thanks, Hank

Hi, I am GaddaKhan,(using a new account now as I am banned)  and I think that I fell for this because I received several such messages as well. I think that my account was compromised as I am now banned. I also have 1.6btc in Escrow at SebastianWu (With Original GaddaKhan account) and I am possibly going to lose it as whoever got hold of my account (due to successfully phishing me) has sent some personal messages compromising my deal with Sebastian and the seller.

If someone can assist me here. Especially with my Escrow deal as SebastianWu has banned me and I don;t know how to prove my innocence.
Str1x

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:25:34 AM

Hi, I am GaddaKhan,(using a new account now as I am banned)  and I think that I fell for this because I received several such messages as well. I think that my account was compromised as I am now banned. I also have 1.6btc in Escrow at SebastianWu (With Original GaddaKhan account) and I am possibly going to lose it as whoever got hold of my account (due to successfully phishing me) has sent some personal messages compromising my deal with Sebastian and the seller.

If someone can assist me here. Especially with my Escrow deal as SebastianWu has banned me and I don;t know how to prove my innocence.

Your negative feedback from Sebastianju says Scammed involving a fake account when I escrowed a deal., so think that you are the one scamming him?
If not follow the link to the ban appeal and pray that the mods believe your story.

GaddaKhan1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:40:45 AM

Your negative feedback from Sebastianju says Scammed involving a fake account when I escrowed a deal., so think that you are the one scamming him?
If not follow the link to the ban appeal and pray that the mods believe your story.

That is what I am saying, whoever phished my login credentials, used my PMs to attempt to scam the ongoing deal. Why would I jeopardize a deal in which I have 1.6btc at stake. My BTC is in escrow at SebastianJu.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:48:08 AM

That is what I am saying, whoever phished my login credentials, used my PMs to attempt to scam the ongoing deal. Why would I jeopardize a deal in which I have 1.6btc at stake. My BTC is in escrow at SebastianJu.
You have a point. But what if you are just that person and want to outsmart them to get the item for free. For us to believe, especially SebastianJu, you need to provide evidences/proofs.
GaddaKhan1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:13:27 AM

You have a point. But what if you are just that person and want to outsmart them to get the item for free. For us to believe, especially SebastianJu, you need to provide evidences/proofs.

I am prepared to provide whatever is required. I am innocent. What proofs do you require? I will show you the emails I received that I assume Phished me..

What else can I provide as proof?
Str1x

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:25:21 AM

It's hard to proof due to the fact that if your account was compromised due to a phishing attempt, why would they just post with your account without changing your password. They would at least take over full control of your account and sell it for money.  The motto is "innocent till proven guilty", however you are in a tough situation. The only thing you can do is PM SebastianJu regarding your BTC, and in regards to the phishing links you send in PM's that will be hard to prove, because i don't think theymos will check IP logins just for your account.

GaddaKhan1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:32:02 AM

It's hard to proof due to the fact that if your account was compromised due to a phishing attempt, why would they just post with your account without changing your password. They would at least take over full control of your account and sell it for money.  The motto is "innocent till proven guilty", however you are in a tough situation. The only thing you can do is PM SebastianJu regarding your BTC, and in regards to the phishing links you send in PM's that will be hard to prove, because i don't think theymos will check IP logins just for your account.

I was also very confused that my account was hacked as password was not changed. Whoever did this though knew that had he/she changed my password, I would have been alerted immediately as I would have received the email change of password. He/she was sly enough to work in the background attempting to scheme the BTC out of SebastianJu.
GaddaKhan1

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:40:43 AM

Will Theymos be motivated to check IP logins for a fee, this will prove my innocence beyond doubt?
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:38:03 AM

Will Theymos be motivated to check IP logins for a fee, this will prove my innocence beyond doubt?

Theymos must be very busy with other important things, I am sure he don't have enough time to look into your case and check the IPs. It would be really tough for you to prove your innocence as no one will believe you as per the current circumstances. You can just try to get back your bitcoins from SebastianJu but still there are less chances.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:15:21 AM

Read the meta sticky, it seems that's the only way you can recover your account. There are too many people for admins to check on your account alone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: