Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:46:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get credit, purchase Bitcoin, declare bankruptcy, profit??  (Read 5307 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:26:07 PM

I had a friend who foolishly did this

I kept reading expecting to hear a negative outcome for him.

hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 07:15:28 PM

I had a friend who foolishly did this

I kept reading expecting to hear a negative outcome for him.

Rly? With the amount of defaults going on the chances of someone being investigated, unless they did something really obvious, are slim to none.

ebmarket.co
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:34:46 PM

Well, foolish since at the time he had no clue about the 7yr forgiveness rule and basically gambled he wouldnt be totally screwed.

Meanwhile I'm still paying off my student loans. Lol should've just bailed to europe for 7yrs like he did
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:51:41 PM

Good evening,

Now, this might have only just occurred to me now and of course this would constitute fraud but what is stopping an individual from getting a line of credit in the 6 figure range, then purchasing a massive amount of Bitcoins then rinse with bankruptcy? I imagine the individual wouldn't care about his credit if they had several hundred thousand in the 'wallet'.

Your thoughts?

I think you answered your own question:

To perform the action herein would constitute Fraud.

If you knowingly took out loans with the intent to invest the proceeds and then default, that's fraud.  Now, whether or not you'd be caught is another story. 

I agree with bytemaster regarding the inherent immorality of the monetary system, but I'd ask if participating in the fraud makes it right?  As in, two wrongs don't make a right?

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:06:20 PM

What I tell everyone regarding the morality is this... if you know the bank is committing fraud when lending you the money then you are an accessory to fraud.  (don't take out any mortgages or borrow any money from the banks).

If you only learn about the banking fraud *AFTER THE FACT* then you can morally default as the debt is invalid.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
BorderBits

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:48:11 AM

This is one of the dumbest threads I have read on this site.  That's saying a lot. 

Jozzaboy (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:00:20 AM

This is one of the dumbest threads I have read on this site.  That's saying a lot. 

What are you here for? Just for trolling?

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
BorderBits

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:22:16 AM

mostly pointing, laughing, and shaking my head in disbelief that such dumb and horrible people exist. 
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:13:03 AM

mostly pointing, laughing, and shaking my head in disbelief that such dumb and horrible people exist. 

The irony, it burns!
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:19:54 AM

If you moved to a country your government couldn't extradite you from you could start a new life there.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: