Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU stops mining  (Read 672 times)
parkers

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:00:30 PM

It looks like bad GPU. But first look at your GPU temperature when the card is in mining mod. Maybe the problem is overheating. Or it can be the faulty GPU memory.

You tried to:
1. Change risers.
2. Change PSU.
3. Put GPU in PCI-e x16 slot.

Conclusion:
Install clean windows and put only that faulty GPU without raiser to another PCI-e slot that works.
If the card stops the same way then the card should be returned definitely.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:57:14 AM

Is it only in a specific GPU and after that all of your GPUs stop? Have you tried to remove the GPU that is stopping and test it again? Also have you tried it in another system maybe the motherboard. Still if you will not try all of the posibilites we cannot know that it is really the GPU that is the problem.
İt is  not the specific GPU. This time another one stops. I start pc, control GPUs, see three of them:OK, run afterburner
everything is fine. after a while sometimes one hour sometimes a couple hours one of the GPUs stops and
the others remain running.
i also updated the windows and drivers...

Then try to change your ram, storage or motherboard as it is the as it is the only hardware that you did not troubleshoot. It can be quite a job yes but even the problem is the GPU stopping it can be other hardware really. Is there any indicator on your motherboard an may I just ask the full specs of your PC.
necas (OP)

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:48:17 AM

It looks like bad GPU. But first look at your GPU temperature when the card is in mining mod. Maybe the problem is overheating. Or it can be the faulty GPU memory.

You tried to:
1. Change risers.
2. Change PSU.
3. Put GPU in PCI-e x16 slot.

Conclusion:
Install clean windows and put only that faulty GPU without raiser to another PCI-e slot that works.
If the card stops the same way then the card should be returned definitely.

Is it only in a specific GPU and after that all of your GPUs stop? Have you tried to remove the GPU that is stopping and test it again? Also have you tried it in another system maybe the motherboard. Still if you will not try all of the posibilites we cannot know that it is really the GPU that is the problem.
İt is  not the specific GPU. This time another one stops. I start pc, control GPUs, see three of them:OK, run afterburner
everything is fine. after a while sometimes one hour sometimes a couple hours one of the GPUs stops and

Then try to change your ram, storage or motherboard as it is the as it is the only hardware that you did not troubleshoot. It can be quite a job yes but even the problem is the GPU stopping it can be other hardware really. Is there any indicator on your motherboard an may I just ask the full specs of your PC.

cpu g4400
ram 4gb
mainboard Asus maximus vııı
120 gb ssd
psu corsair 1200

I have unplugged all GPUs, uninstalled drivers with ddu.
After that plugged only one GPU that not working last time.
Installed driver 381.65.
after burner settings power:75, temp:65, core clock:125, memory clock:225
started mining with nicehash. it uses lyra2rev2 now, works perfect. it shows 3.80 dollars per day.
i will wait a few hours with one GPU and see what will happen.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:58:42 AM

İt is  not the specific GPU. This time another one stops. I start pc, control GPUs, see three of them:OK, run afterburner

cpu g4400
ram 4gb
120 gb ssd
psu corsair 1200

Installed driver 381.65.
started mining with nicehash. it uses lyra2rev2 now, works perfect. it shows 3.80 dollars per day.

Might be the motherboard. Did you check the code that the motherboard is giving? Specially for the motherboard that you have it has a code giving it it has an error. Also try changing the motherboard after you did your method.
dvijaydev46

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:16:35 AM

Why do you set the temp at 65? Leave it at the default value.
pbuva

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:33:05 AM

So it's no problem with just one card, but it just stops working just one of them, and each time it's different? Did not you just change them when you changed the risers?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
necas (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:36:01 AM

Why do you set the temp at 65? Leave it at the default value.

i do not want to wear out them. I want to use as much as possible.  Grin Grin
necas (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:39:20 AM

cpu g4400
ram 4gb
120 gb ssd
psu corsair 1200

Installed driver 381.65.

Might be the motherboard. Did you check the code that the motherboard is giving? Specially for the motherboard that you have it has a code giving it it has an error. Also try changing the motherboard after you did your method.

motherboard doesn't give any code, it works now properly..I didn't understand and didn't care..
this time ı just installed the driver when one card was plugged.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: