Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:47:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick and dirty bitcoin stats  (Read 1568 times)
wonko (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:44:38 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 11:35:34 AM by wonko

I made this site for some of my IRC buddies so that we could check up on the three most important bitcoin stats for us miners that seem to change the most Tongue

• Bitcoin Price
  • The next difficulty increase
  • Total network hashrate

Anyways, I keep it bookmarked and I have a script that generates just html so it loads very fast, useful when some of these other sites (like blockchain and mtgox) can get laggy.  Just thought I would share!

http://www.priceofabitcoin.com
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:47:57 AM

Pretty nice and clean site dude, and it's fast as hell.

Bookmarked, Thanks  Smiley
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:18:57 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 10:10:27 AM by ct1aic

Bookmarked. But It would be nice to have also the € value of BTC.

Thanks for a nice work.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
wonko (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:27:13 AM

Thanks for a nice work.

Yes I just got some requests for other currencies, here you go: http://www.priceofabitcoin.com/EUR/

If anyone wants a specific currency let me know  Grin
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:02:34 AM

Thanks for the INR piece. It is very cool indeed.

ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:08:42 AM

Thanks for a nice work.

Yes I just got some requests for other currencies, here you go: http://www.priceofabitcoin.com/EUR/

Many thanks, mate.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:11:52 AM

GBP would be awesome. This is nice because I do a lot of browsing on my phone and all of the sites turn to mobile mode which are terrible to use and take ages to find the info you need.

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:16:29 AM

I made this site for some of my IRC buddies so that we could check up on the three most important bitcoin stats for us miners that seem to change the most Tongue

• Bitcoin Price
  • The next difficulty incrase
  • Total network hashrate

Anyways, I keep it bookmarked and I have a script that generates just html so it loads very fast, useful when some of these other sites (like blockchain and mtgox) can get laggy.  Just thought I would share!

Had a small suggestion. As some people do sell/ buy bitcoins at a % higher or lower, would it be possible to add a small calculator to each page where a user can input a % and get the amount?

wonko (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:59:12 AM

GBP would be awesome. This is nice because I do a lot of browsing on my phone and all of the sites turn to mobile mode which are terrible to use and take ages to find the info you need.

GBP is added  Smiley

• Bitcoin Price
  • The next difficulty incrase
  • Total network hashrate

Had a small suggestion. As some people do sell/ buy bitcoins at a % higher or lower, would it be possible to add a small calculator to each page where a user can input a % and get the amount?

Hmm I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Could you give an example
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:04:12 PM

Example:
INR = 6000 Rs
Lets say, my margin is 10%, there needs to be an input box to enter 10% and get an output of 6,600 Rs.

wonko (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:07:28 PM

Example:
INR = 6000 Rs
Lets say, my margin is 10%, there needs to be an input box to enter 10% and get an output of 6,600 Rs.

That could be good, I'll look into it Cheesy some calculator features would be nice
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:09:17 PM

Example:
INR = 6000 Rs

That could be good, I'll look into it Cheesy some calculator features would be nice

Yeah, you can add it on same page as a dropdown option or put it on a extra page and link it in bottom. Smiley
Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:28:59 PM

GBP is added  Smiley
Thanks!

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
wonko (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:58:46 PM

Example:
INR = 6000 Rs

Yeah, you can add it on same page as a dropdown option or put it on a extra page and link it in bottom. Smiley

I'll work on a little popup javascript calculator so that it still loads just as fast Cheesy let me know if you guys can think of other "calculator" type features that could be useful
pylon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:32:20 AM

This is great thanks so much!! I know they're pretty close but could you add Canadian dollar as well?
ScriptGadget

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:56:44 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 08:47:32 PM by ScriptGadget

Since it's not dealing with sensitive stuff, do you mind telling us a little bit about the build, like are you using blockchain.info or something on the backend or running your own bitcoind (duh, like bitcoind would have given you the price, not sure what I was thinking.)? What's the platform/framework?

Awesome stuff, Wonko. And like the other posters said, fast as hell.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:01:23 PM

Cool little site.  Just a suggestion:

Instead of showing the total hashrate in thousand gigahashes, why not just show it in terahashes?

"139.35 THash/s" looks more reflective of the network hashrate than "140k", IMO.
wonko (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:43:46 AM

This is great thanks so much!! I know they're pretty close but could you add Canadian dollar as well?

added  Smiley

Since it's not dealing with sensitive stuff, do you mind telling us a little bit about the build, like are you using blockchain.info or something on the backend or running your own bitcoind (duh, like bitcoind would have given you the price, not sure what I was thinking.)? What's the platform/framework?

Awesome stuff, Wonko. And like the other posters said, fast as hell.

Definitely: the pricing information is coming from mtgox, the total hashrate is coming from blockchain.info, and the future predictions are coming from data from blockexplorer

Cool little site.  Just a suggestion:

Instead of showing the total hashrate in thousand gigahashes, why not just show it in terahashes?

"139.35 THash/s" looks more reflective of the network hashrate than "140k", IMO.

That could make sense, the only thing is that the text needs to be small enough to fit in the box.  I'll play with different formats and see how it looks!
laserwolf

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:26:58 AM

very cool

what is the source for fiat exchange rates for example INR? I assume you're using mtgoxUSD and then USD to INR
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Looks nice. Good luck with your website.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: