Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: L3+ Way Overclocked! 500M frequency - 650 MH/s!  (Read 2988 times)
Rexmint (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:14:28 PM

I have since went down to ~600 MH/s. My average speed is actually pretty close to what I was achieving with the higher settings. I have my GPU Rigs and L3+s out in my garage and with temps around 30-50 F (0-15 C) cooling is no longer a concern. It’s making about $1 (+/- 0.15) per hour on NiceHash at mining time. Thinking about bringing my GPU Rigs in to help supplement heat, Smiley

With the continued production or at least shipments of more L3+ batches and how each has had a great negative effect on profit I really don’t have much faith in these in 6 months (less really) so I think the extra strain and demand I’m putting on these is worth the risk to their long term functionality. I haven’t actually done the spreadsheet but I’m pretty sure I’ve made my $1,500 USD back on these especially since I’ve held everything I’ve earned and the value of BTC (and LTC, everything) has increased.

I’ll have to be on the lookout for the release of the L4+ with its 1.8 GH/s at 900 W and make sure to get in on the first batch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:53:07 PM

I’ll have to be on the lookout for the release of the L4+ with its 1.8 GH/s at 900 W and make sure to get in on the first batch.

Who told you L4+ is coming and at 1.8 Ghs 900 watt?
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1395

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:08:15 PM

Who told you L4+ is coming and at 1.8 Ghs 900 watt?

Definitely wont be that much. Die shrink to 16nm which I'm sure bitmain is working on will be either 500MH @ 400 watts, or 1GH at the same wattage now.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:39:58 PM

Where did you get information about a potential L4+ unit?

My L3+`s is doing a stable 630 Mhs @ 960w

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:08:23 AM

Typical Bitmain response. I wouldn't expect much help from them.
Following this thread. I think 650 may be a bit agressive... remember the key is to mine 24/7 / 365... if you can get 365.
If i mine at stock settings for 365 days, and you mine at 650 for only 280 days, then I MAKE MORE (standard model).

GL, keep us updated

This is poor math. It MAY end up being true for the L3+ since it seems to be holding its payout value fairly well, but with the D3 for example, if you both got first batch models and one of you overclocked to earn 30% more per day, the overclock dying 85 days earlier would likely have earned MUCH more.

Again, not saying you should or shouldn't overclock, whatever works for you works for you, just saying that math isn't necessarily correct. Smiley
millerfilm

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 08:30:35 AM

There is a reason the frequency is set as it is.

My L3+ is working very well, and has been very consistent. I am pleased with its 502 MH/s hashpower.
FalconZA

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:40:14 AM

My L3+ is working very well, and has been very consistent. I am pleased with its 502 MH/s hashpower.
What sort of returns do you get? Are you mining other crypto's or directly on NH?

Looking into buying a L3+ and would like to know if it is worth it? Compared to normal GPU mining. Some people say it's too late to jump in, but if the ROI is better than normal GPU mining, why not?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:49:20 AM

What sort of returns do you get? Are you mining other crypto's or directly on NH?

Looking into buying a L3+ and would like to know if it is worth it? Compared to normal GPU mining. Some people say it's too late to jump in, but if the ROI is better than normal GPU mining, why not?
upto you, but its a 50/50 game
FalconZA

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:53:25 AM

Say I just hit NH with the ASIC out of the box. What returns are you looking at? Would like to know from someone that is running it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mano237

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:05:16 PM

If you dont want to invest much time, then put them on nicehash, get payout via btc and thats it. Btw the nicehash payout is pretty nice in my opinion.

If you prefer mining other coins directly and trade them away when there is a bump, you can probably earn more but you have to invest more time for searching pools, exchanges, trading, other wallets etc... It's up to you. Wink
greyday

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:32:45 AM

Say I just hit NH with the ASIC out of the box. What returns are you looking at? Would like to know from someone that is running it.

Roughly $17-18/day at the daily current bitcoin value on average. Check whattomine.com for a closer look once Nicehash is back up (if it ever is, they owe a lot of people money right now).
FalconZA

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:03:15 AM

Roughly $17-18/day at the daily current bitcoin value on average. Check whattomine.com for a closer look once Nicehash is back up (if it ever is, they owe a lot of people money right now).
Thanks, this is what a wanted to know. Yeah, the Nicehash hack is legit. Lost about $100 there. Think loads of people will now move away as this is serious.

greyday

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:31:32 PM

Thanks, this is what a wanted to know. Yeah, the Nicehash hack is legit. Lost about $100 there. Think loads of people will now move away as this is serious.

I think if they honor people's wallet balances, people will come back. I know I'd be willing to if I get my coins.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:38:31 PM

They might, but in a few years.  Just like what bter did years ago when they got hacked for the 3rd time.  It was 3 years ago but last year they finally gave me my lost $ not my lost BTC.  I lost 5 btc and got back like 1450 Yuan.  Bastards.  But something was better than nothing

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
FalconZA

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:20:51 AM

I think if they honor people's wallet balances, people will come back. I know I'd be willing to if I get my coins.
Agree. If they can send us atleast some of our small amounts back, then I'll bring my trust back. Surely those guys must have way more BTC in their pockets?

greyday

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:21:36 PM

They might, but in a few years.  Just like what bter did years ago when they got hacked for the 3rd time.  It was 3 years ago but last year they finally gave me my lost $ not my lost BTC.  I lost 5 btc and got back like 1450 Yuan.  Bastards.  But something was better than nothing

Yeah, no, if they pay me in USD then I'm not using their service again, because same deal. Nicehash is a MUCH larger organization, though, and now is different than then (for example, law enforcement not only knows what cryptocurrencies are now, they take them as seriously as straight currency theft; and for another thing, those accounts will be monitored, Bitcoin isn't quite as anonymous as, say, Monero). But yeah, if they pay me the cash that IS at least something, but if they pay me my coins I'd be more than willing to use their service again.

greyday

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:24:34 PM

Agree. If they can send us atleast some of our small amounts back, then I'll bring my trust back. Surely those guys must have way more BTC in their pockets?

Probably, but they took a pretty huge hit. They also incur regular operating costs, which aren't small. I imagine that they may be able to work out some sort of payment schedule, however, like dedicate part of the farm to just earning payback funds until everyone is back to where they were at the time of the hack...

Or maybe they're insured and it's just a matter of working it out with the insurance company? No idea, I guess we'll see, but in the meantime I'm sticking to straight coin farming and regular payouts to my own, offline wallets/Trezor, thank you very much. Smiley
FalconZA

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:01:06 AM

Probably, but they took a pretty huge hit. They also incur regular operating costs, which aren't small. I imagine that they may be able to work out some sort of payment schedule, however, like dedicate part of the farm to just earning payback funds until everyone is back to where they were at the time of the hack...

Or maybe they're insured and it's just a matter of working it out with the insurance company? No idea, I guess we'll see, but in the meantime I'm sticking to straight coin farming and regular payouts to my own, offline wallets/Trezor, thank you very much. Smiley
That's a good idea. If they can do payout overtime at least people will have some trust restored. Either way they will have to take a knock if they want to keep their business. Not sure if any insurance will cover such a loss through a security breach.

greyday

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:58:09 AM

That's a good idea. If they can do payout overtime at least people will have some trust restored. Either way they will have to take a knock if they want to keep their business. Not sure if any insurance will cover such a loss through a security breach.

According to an interview with their CEO today, part of what they are currently working on is a plan to repay all the stolen coin to users. So if they follow through with this I am more than happy to keep using them for mining/payout when they're back up.
millerfilm

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:19:28 AM

Difficulty is going up on a regular basis. I'm glad that I had my L3+ up and running the same day it was delivered. I made 1 LTC in 6 days. Now, I am just hoping that I can make my next 1 LTC in 10 days.

I used to be faster than up to 60% of those in Litecoinpool. Now, I'm down to 37%. Lots of people are out there crunching away.

It's going to get tougher and tougher. Bitmain's next release of Antminer L3+'s aren't until March.

You should definitely get more hashrate from an ASIC miner like the L3+ than with a GPU rig, unless you have one beast of a GPU rig! :-)

Run the calculations and see what you think. Meanwhile, buying LTC right now is a very good idea. Buy it and lock it away.

I made kind of the mistake of going mostly in on mining. I have 5 TH/s of Bitcoin Cloud Mining on Genesis that went active on Halloween. It is doing well. And, you can switch mining to other cryptos like LTC. I am waiting for my next BTC payout, then I am going to test going 100% with LTC and see what kind of returns I get. Genesis rarely offers Cloud Mining contracts, and when they are offered, they go VERY fast. I was only on my fourth day of studying crypto, and was glad that I had the presence of mind to grab up what I did. Of course, I wish I had gotten more! But, with my limited knowledge at that time, I am glad that I went for the 5 TH/s.

But, buying crypto and locking it away should be part of your strategy.

I have carefully documented my experience with the L3+. I shot video of my unboxing and hooking up the Antminer to the PSU. I will post that when I get a chance, and put the link on here. I am also working on a written guide detailing my experiences and my personal advice. I will post that on my blog at the address you see below in my signature.

There is a lot to consider. Power requirements, noise, heat, and ventilation. L3+'s can be run on 120V. But, they should run more efficiently on 220V. That is my next step: Seeing if I can get a 220V outlet figured out.

I will try to post what I can when I can. With the holidays going on, I am quite busy at the moment!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: