Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:55:16 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining with 50k KwH Solar Array  (Read 165 times)
Eltron6000

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:49:09 PM

Very new to this board, and bitcoin in general.  I've done a little buying/selling on coinbase, and i follow news pretty closely, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

That said I think I have a pretty unique situation and I'm trying to figure out how best to take advantage.  A little background - I am currently about to close on a 40k sq ft building as an investment, with the intent to rent out the vacant 20k sq ft (carving out a small 800-1000 sq ft office space for my own use).  Not only am I getting the building at nearly half the market rate (it's an estate), but the south facing angled roof (I'm in CT so this is perfect for sunlight) is covered top to bottom with solar panels that are capable of producing 50,000 kwh per year.  Add to that the 800-1000 sq ft space I plan on using for myself has 25 ft ceilings.  My idea would be to loft the area I am using for myself and install a network of mining machines, and link those miners into the solar panel and take advantage of the free power.  I have plenty of capital to start if the idea makes fiscal sense as well...

So here's my question - what are the best machines to use currently and what sort of bitcoin per month rate can I expect to achieve?  I'm trying to optimize the amount of machines with the power usage/hashing power.  Basically I think I'll have free energy and free real estate... so it's a no brainer... right???

One last factor to consider is I could easily sell the power to my own tenants at about $.10 per kwh which would be under the market rate and make approx 50k a year for doing nothing.  I'm looking to at least double that in order for this to make sense to me.  Also definitely open to a partnership (not 50/50 obviously) to bring in someone who knows what they are doing and could keep me on the forefront of mining.

Thanks for reading!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.