Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Mining vs Buying  (Read 4917 times)
byvalyi

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:54:23 AM

it depends on money you have.
If you have limited resources it`s better for you to buy BTC.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:18:28 AM

It is better to buy. It takes longer time for your investment to return if you go on mining. Bitcoin's price today is increasing fast so if you will buy today, your profit will start to increase as the price of bitcoin increases. Mining bitcoin is also inefficient today, it is just better to buy and buy bitcoin and hold it.

I prefer buying , but if you have the enough resources then I would recommend mining since it will generate more profit in the long run. But mining is harder compared to just buying and holding because you have to consider a lot of factors such as maintenance and electricity costs.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:28:30 AM

it takes to almost 1 megawatt of electricity to mine 1 bitcoin and cost close to 800k USD to buy 1 bitcoin. Mining bitcoin today is not profitable, impractical and not environment-friendly, if you mine bitcoin 3 years ago, hold it and sell it today then that seem to be a very big profit but mining bitcoin today, hold it and sell it 3 years from now seems also profitable but comparing to previous years when bitcoin was not so popular, the profit is in disparity. So it is better to buy bitcoin than mining. If you want to mine, just mine altcoins rather than bitcoin.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:12:28 PM

Mining need a lot of investment at the initial stage(even before even start). It include a lot of expensive electronic devices even to start mining and other running cost like electricity etc.
whereas no such capital is required for buying or trading Btc. You can buy bitcoin even with a very small amount say with $1 only. As price surges, definitely there is some rise in profits of the miners but still seeing the decreasing rate of ROI from mining, i would like to recommend buying or trading.
m_01

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:13:47 PM

If you have enough cash then directly convert it to BTC...
m_01

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:18:37 PM

Also if you wish to mine then go for antminer s9
bitcoi_miner_pro

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:38:18 PM

In my experience CLOUD mining bitcoins pays out, for example at Genesis Mining.
You could use this code for 3% discount:
n8bvgt
cjinny

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:48:07 PM

All depends on the capital and time we have. If we have large capital and the right calculation and experience, then mining is more profitable. But if we want fast, we better buy bitcoin.
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:56:19 PM

mining sites now are  scams (most of it) have limited time
mining bitcoin is not applicable as all of the coins are out now..
you can have bitcoin via buying it at loow price just waiit for the right timing and keep it ..if you want to have bitcoin you can work on sigs and bounty ..
She01

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:02:28 PM

I think it is better to buy btc because it is a good investment since the price of btc is constantly getting high while in mining, you have to invest  for the equipment I think its expensive and it will take a lot of your time too. Buying is the more practical option I think.
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:25:58 PM

Mining is an earning process whereas holding is a investment.
Mining is just like a traditional business where we need capital, space and equipment, technical knowledge etc. On the other hand, Buying or Holding like activities does not need much technical knowledge. Every one who want to jump into this crypto-market should always start with buying. This will help to gain market knowledge and develop confidence in you toward BTC.
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:33:44 PM

I think it's better to do both because it's like having two jobs from buying a mining rig for bitcoin that will give you an accurate income as well as other opportunities you can take to make it even better.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:44:17 PM

I think it is better to buy btc because it is a good investment since the price of btc is constantly getting high while in mining, you have to invest  for the equipment I think its expensive and it will take a lot of your time too. Buying is the more practical option I think.

It depends. If you do have a decent amount of money to invest, like around $10k-50k dollars, it's a lot better to just mine bitcoin. You will get enough mining power to make some actual money from it unlike when you only have less than $10K to invest. It will also depend in your electric expenses. Some have really cheap electricity cost while some have really expensive. In the long run, mining will be better because there will come a point where you'd get the money you spent on the equipment back and all the bitcoin generated by your mining rig will nothing but profit. The only capital that you will be needing is for the maintenance of the equipment as well as to for the electricity bill but both of those will be generated by your mining rig.

Some people feel like mining bitcoin is already too late because a lot of people are already mining it. Well, you can also say that you're already too late to buy bitcoin because a lot of people have already bought bitcoins but you don't see that same logic agreeing with your argument right.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

LyQaN

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

buying is better option in my opinion,mining requires a lot of effort and investment too, you need to have advance technologies for maximum profit also electricity cost is to be taken in account ,initial setup cost is high and you need to spend a lot of time,while buying bitcoin is a lot easier it works as other market where people invest money.if you think the price is too high to buy keep a regular check and when you feel is low from average current value go for it.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:39:10 AM

Buying and Holding is the easiest. Most safest too. If you go with mining you will need to check twice a day to make sure its on condition. you will need warranty for your GPU/amd set
Indeed buying and selling is looking for a layman while for the mooning of bitcoin you will need a powerful hardware and GPU as well as one of the limitation of mining is the use of electricity because in those areas where the cost of electricity is high the mining is not so profitable as compare to buying and holding bitcoin.
lol1yatme

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:49:25 AM

mining aren't profitable anymore especially if you have any plan to do solo mining and bought the contract at cloud mining also risky besides the profit is too low and if you're choose wrong cloud mining sites then possibly you will got scammed by them and i suggest to you buy bitcoin at your local exchange is more safe
Mining is not costly where the energy cost is low just like Canada where mining is highly profitable I mean mining is dependent on the feasibility of the areas while it is also a fact that for mining purpose you will must have powerful processor and a GPU while in other ways of earning these a things are not required.
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:00:50 AM

I think the way for me is mining than buying is just the same but buying bitcoin is risky for me you gonna buy for people who increase the prise to sell than mining you just need to invest and wait until it comes to an end.

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:05:05 AM

Buying is better as Mining Hardware are costly. But you can do both. The ultimate way to make money these days is going to Bitcoin.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:17:00 AM

I just buying and holding for long term in bitcoin because i don't have much time for maintenance, upgrade  of hardware miner and choose the pool or alternative coins to be mined, but if have much time mining and buying the bitcoin are best choice to be done because we will get passive income from mining bitcoin and rising the values of bitcoin because of holding bitcoin for long time, so everything depending on the time our have to bitcoin mining or buying bitcoin.
micleeiu398

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:19:25 AM

It's much better to mine than buying. Because the price of bitcoin right now is too high. I advise to wait for the value to depreciate before buying bitcoin.
It depend upon the well of the individual interest because anyone who are interested in his job and doing his job with dedication and loyalty than success will definitely kiss his pace so think about it and decide well in time I think buying is an easy job as compare to mining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: