Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:36:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP: The Digital Asset for Banks  (Read 282 times)
Hodor7777 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:41:47 PM

Blog Location:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/11/07/xrp-the-digital-asset-for-banks/

The latest blog entry has me explaining XRP's cost savings use case, and the reasons why banks and other institutions are adopting XRP. I discuss liquidity, regulation, and even XRP's competitors.

Hope you enjoy the read & please leave any feedback below!

Hodor

On Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/927922278062546945

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krdcwplgf

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:46:37 PM

XRP is not, however, is the center of the area product.As we know, XRP and Banks have a lot of cooperation, that is great about XRP.However, XRP anyway are centralized products, so, I'm not very bullish on it.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 05:08:46 PM

XRP is not, however, is the center of the area product.As we know, XRP and Banks have a lot of cooperation, that is great about XRP.However, XRP anyway are centralized products, so, I'm not very bullish on it.

When you say "centralized products," what do you mean?   If you're talking about XRP, it's not centralized; anybody can own the token and store it in their wallet like any other crypto-currency. 

The XRP Ledger is also decentralized.  It operates on various nodes that validate transactions and post to a ledger.  Here are a couple links so you can learn more and see the XRP Ledger stats for yourself:

XRP Charts: https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/
XRP Information and Comparison to Ethereum and Bitcoin:  https://ripple.com/xrp/

billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:13:43 PM

Very good and informative article, we hope to increase prices in the near future.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:38:38 PM

Wow, I've gotta say, you've got good writing skills there my friend. Great blog.

You have explained your thoughts well. And have pulled my f*ck in. Now i am considering investing on the xrp project. Really is a great project by the way. But still, i jeed to do a little bit research about it. Need to know quite a few about this project before i jump into it.
BoredemBroughtMeHere

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:40:35 PM

Me neither. They have wayyy too much XRP stored away to sell to the banks. It's not cool.
JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:56:29 PM

XRP was a huge pump and dump this summer. Some made a ton of money. Some cut their losses in time. Some are sitting with their bags full of expensive XRP Smiley
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:36:27 PM

XRP was a huge pump and dump this summer. Some made a ton of money. Some cut their losses in time. Some are sitting with their bags full of expensive XRP Smiley

So do me a favor.  It's a little thought experiment.  Change all of your references in the above sentence to "Bitcoin" and pretend the year is 2015.  Bitcoin had just rose to $1,200 / Bitcoin in December 2014.  Now look at coinmarketcap history section for yourself and study the price movement.  

My point is this: when you look at time frames, you've got to zoom out for the big picture.  
Was two years too long to wait for a 600% return on a $1,200 investment?   Yes, those that bought at the top might have felt stupid.  But now they can feel stupid and rich at the same time.     Cool

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:53:19 PM

So do me a favor.  It's a little thought experiment.  Change all of your references in the above sentence to "Bitcoin" and pretend the year is 2015.  Bitcoin had just rose to $1,200 / Bitcoin in December 2014.  Now look at coinmarketcap history section for yourself and study the price movement.  

My point is this: when you look at time frames, you've got to zoom out for the big picture.  
Was two years too long to wait for a 600% return on a $1,200 investment?   Yes, those that bought at the top might have felt stupid.  But now they can feel stupid and rich at the same time.     Cool
Very well said I've also been looking at XRP lately and outside of Bitcoin if one crypto currency is to survive it'll be XRP
pokeviktor

Activity: 562
Merit: 251

ALCEDO

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:54:45 PM

Ripple is a coin that crypto investors usually don't like. But the foundations that created Ripple are very strong, and the banking and financial services sector will use this project in their daily operations. The fact that ripple is not exactly a crypto money,  will not make it worthless.

██
      ████
     ██████
    ███████
    ████████
    █████████
    ██████████    ███████
    ███████████ █████  ████
     ███████████████████████████
      ██████████████████
       ████████████████
     ████████████████
  █████████████████████
█████████████████████████
  █████████ ██████████████
    █████     ██████████████
      ██        ███████████████
                   ██████████████
                      █████████

████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
|Making Cryptocurrencies
Accessible
For Everyone!
| |
Website
Twitter
Facebook

ANN
Bounty
Telegram

JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:39:44 PM

Well. What can I say. Just Good Luck to all bagholders  Grin
I hope you have patience to wait it out.
I am out. Sold at a small loss. I learned my lesson.
I rather put that btc to better use in some other crazy pump and dump scheme lol.
Doing ok now with this crazy bch pumpy dumpy.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:02:30 PM

Thanks Hodor, another excellent and informative blog post that I can refer people back to Smiley

It's nice to see that more people are getting interested in XRP, and there are fewer negative posts in this forum than there used to be. Yes, it does take some researching before you can understand what Ripple is doing and why their solution is so good. It's definitely a long-term one though, not something to expect instant returns on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: