Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 1459 times)
Kate1410 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:41:34 AM

I don't trust to new bitcoin wallets with unknown publishers. I think that it is high possibility of scam. It is way to collect private keys, it could be work good till the moment when you get significant amount on this wallet

The issue of trust is essential for us. One of the main features of our wallet is client-side private key storage. We never have an access to your private keys. Being skeptical is normal when considering any new wallet, what exactly would you like to know to be satisfied about our product and to be sure that it is not a scam?

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:22:16 PM

We are very happy that you like the UI!  Smiley
For sure, we are developing Android right now and it will be presented soon!

Will be looking forward to it.

Will there be options like RBF (replace-by-fee), signing of messages, sweeping, and importing of wallets?

There won't be signing of messages (commenting) because we work directly with blockchain and don't really see the importance of that option. But if our users will insist on that, it can be discussed.

As for importing, it already exists. But we guaranty the importing of mnemonics which were created in Lumi app because different wallet use different implementation of his feature.   

Sweeping...it is more or less just creating a new wallet and sending all your funds on it. There is no automated option of sweeping but you always can do it manually by creating a new wallet in our app. We plan to make possible to create several bitcoin wallets under the same mnemonic but I believe that usually users sweep their wallet when they suspect that someone may have an access to it. So the best variant is to create the new one and send your coins there. 

RBF hasn't been in our earliest plans. But as always we will be happy to hear how high is demand of this feature among our users.
invitro

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:55:14 PM

Looks great. I hope the Android version is out soon
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:07:46 PM

We are very happy that you like the UI!  Smiley
For sure, we are developing Android right now and it will be presented soon!

Will be looking forward to it.

Will there be options like RBF (replace-by-fee), signing of messages, sweeping, and importing of wallets?

There won't be signing of messages (commenting) because we work directly with blockchain and don't really see the importance of that option. But if our users will insist on that, it can be discussed.

As for importing, it already exists. But we guaranty the importing of mnemonics which were created in Lumi app because different wallet use different implementation of his feature.   

Sweeping...it is more or less just creating a new wallet and sending all your funds on it. There is no automated option of sweeping but you always can do it manually by creating a new wallet in our app. We plan to make possible to create several bitcoin wallets under the same mnemonic but I believe that usually users sweep their wallet when they suspect that someone may have an access to it. So the best variant is to create the new one and send your coins there. 

RBF hasn't been in our earliest plans. But as always we will be happy to hear how high is demand of this feature among our users.

Yes, that's all a wallet developers should consider to included into a wallet.
Replace by fee or set custom fees, import private keys, sweep is an important feature as well.
In case of security and trust for a new wallet, after your team release source code, it will be clear I guess.
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:44:05 PM

What about mobile versions of this wallet. I have tried about ten versions of different bitcoin wallets for my Android and did not find perfect for me. Eachone has different bugs or has no functionality. I think if you can create good wallet for mobile it will be great.
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:30:42 PM

Looks great. I hope the Android version is out soon

Cheesy Thank you!
Android is on the way!
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:16:34 PM

!!! TODAY WE RELEASED NEW VERSION !!!

The new version has several features, improvements, and bug fixes. Now you can:

• Alter transaction currency information to USD
  • See the confirmation status of your transaction
  • Choose transaction fee (regular, fast, cheap, or custom by yourself)
  • Read FAQ

LumiWallet team will be happy to get any feedback about the wallet!

DROP US A LINE AT HELLO@LUMIWALLET.COM

Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:49:01 PM

Don't you have a github for this release of the wallet?
As someone already mentioned in the 3rd or 4th post of this thread
you should release the source code so we can see what it's foundation is built on.
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:08:49 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 01:06:20 PM by Kate1410

Don't you have a github for this release of the wallet?
As someone already mentioned in the 3rd or 4th post of this thread
you should release the source code so we can see what it's foundation is built on.

As far as a lot of people find it very important, we will try to do it sooner but you should understand that no wallet want to be copied in full when product is unique Smiley That is why no Jaxx (or similar) neither us do not distribute the full code. We will try to show as much as we can, staying copy protected.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:06:57 PM

I don't trust to new bitcoin wallets with unknown publishers. I think that it is high possibility of scam. It is way to collect private keys, it could be work good till the moment when you get significant amount on this wallet

The issue of trust is essential for us. One of the main features of our wallet is client-side private key storage. We never have an access to your private keys. Being skeptical is normal when considering any new wallet, what exactly would you like to know to be satisfied about our product and to be sure that it is not a scam?

Just because you say that you don't collect private keys doesn't mean you don't. You can't be trusted, Who are your developers or team members, do you guys mind coming forward? The Community will feel much safer if we can see your linkedin profiles or CV's.
titteringtacos

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:28:56 PM

As I am reading this thread I was amased to see more positive feedback from the ones that already downloaded and using the apps. Hoping to see an android version of this app for we in the family is all using android phone. I will be monitoring for an updates of this thread. Keep up the good work Sir.

Have a blessed day ahead Smiley
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:55:29 AM

I've tried your new version. Good improvements!
It works as it should be. Thank u!

We are very happy to read such reviews! Thank you!
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:03:01 AM

Just because you say that you don't collect private keys doesn't mean you don't. You can't be trusted, Who are your developers or team members, do you guys mind coming forward? The Community will feel much safer if we can see your linkedin profiles or CV's.

We believe that we will gain your trust by our performance and future source opening. And, of course, one day we will meet each other  Smiley
Just let us grow from MVP to something valuable! We are very grateful that community help us to self-improve!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:53:40 AM

Critic here, please sit down Cheesy

While saying high-end we mean that we try to implement the best existing solutions for wallets.
Let me quote your FAQ:
Lumi is currently not HD but we are working hard to make it HD in the next App version. Static (non-HD) wallets stick to using a single address for all transactions. While that's simpler, address reuse undermines your privacy.
First, it's not true that non-HD wallets stick to using a single address. My Bitcoin Core wallet for example is non-HD but uses many different addresses.
Second, you say you "try to implement the best existing solutions", but you implementation goes directly against Satoshi Nakamoto's whitepaper:
a new key pair should be used for each transaction to keep them from being linked to a common owner
This means your current implementation is worst practice instead of best practice.

Your website mentions "Featuring client side private key storage", as if that's something unique and special. It's not, in fact, it shouldn't even be necessary to mention this. This implies you think it's something special, instead of basic wallet privacy and security.

As for fees, we do not take any but as I said we will add an exchange option later. So that will be one of our possible inflows.
We have some other ideas but I think that you will be ok if I keep them undisclosed till we will do the rest of our plans. Smiley
Let me first tell you I'm very paranoid to installing any Bitcoin related software. If I do, it has to be highly established and must have a flawless track record.
Installing any software basically allows that software to do anything I can't check, and when you're offering closed source software without any existing method of earning, it will be very difficult to trust your intentions are 100% good.
It can be that you mean well, but I can't be sure, and I don't give random strangers the benefit of the doubt when it comes to my Bitcoin private keys.

We believe that we will gain your trust by our performance and future source opening.
You can't gain trust now by something you say you'll do in the future.
And, of course, one day we will meet each other  Smiley
No, we won't meet. I like my privacy.

There won't be signing of messages (commenting) because we work directly with blockchain and don't really see the importance of that option.
Signing messages is an integral part of Bitcoin. It is needed.
What do you mean when you say "we work directly with blockchain"? What makes it worth mentioning this?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:52:01 PM

Critic here, please sit down Cheesy

While saying high-end we mean that we try to implement the best existing solutions for wallets.
Let me quote your FAQ:
Lumi is currently not HD but we are working hard to make it HD in the next App version. Static (non-HD) wallets stick to using a single address for all transactions. While that's simpler, address reuse undermines your privacy.
First, it's not true that non-HD wallets stick to using a single address. My Bitcoin Core wallet for example is non-HD but uses many different addresses.
Second, you say you "try to implement the best existing solutions", but you implementation goes directly against Satoshi Nakamoto's whitepaper:
a new key pair should be used for each transaction to keep them from being linked to a common owner
This means your current implementation is worst practice instead of best practice.

Your website mentions "Featuring client side private key storage", as if that's something unique and special. It's not, in fact, it shouldn't even be necessary to mention this. This implies you think it's something special, instead of basic wallet privacy and security.

As for fees, we do not take any but as I said we will add an exchange option later. So that will be one of our possible inflows.
We have some other ideas but I think that you will be ok if I keep them undisclosed till we will do the rest of our plans. Smiley
Let me first tell you I'm very paranoid to installing any Bitcoin related software. If I do, it has to be highly established and must have a flawless track record.
Installing any software basically allows that software to do anything I can't check, and when you're offering closed source software without any existing method of earning, it will be very difficult to trust your intentions are 100% good.
It can be that you mean well, but I can't be sure, and I don't give random strangers the benefit of the doubt when it comes to my Bitcoin private keys.

We believe that we will gain your trust by our performance and future source opening.
You can't gain trust now by something you say you'll do in the future.
And, of course, one day we will meet each other  Smiley
No, we won't meet. I like my privacy.

There won't be signing of messages (commenting) because we work directly with blockchain and don't really see the importance of that option.
Signing messages is an integral part of Bitcoin. It is needed.
What do you mean when you say "we work directly with blockchain"? What makes it worth mentioning this?

First of all, thank you for your message  Smiley 

Bitcoin Core is HD wallet. Check, please, Bitcoin Core version 0.13.0 release

As for "private key storage", it is our speciality due to the fact that a lot of easy-to-use mobile wallets are hosted. We propose a solution so you do not need to choose between security and mobility for your wallet because Lumi combines both. 

We already answered about trust. I don’t want to be repetitive, but I believe that trust is a question of time and we will prove it to you. Our intentions are clear and we want to make a product that still doesn't exist, that will let users have access to their funds from anywhere in the world, that will be easy, smoothly designed, mobile, and most importantly, will be secure!

Kate1410 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:04:02 PM

is this open source? if not, how can we trust u?

We have already written that code release takes time and we will do it a bit later. We care a lot about our reputation and gonna gain your trust over time.

Now we are still developing and improving our product every day, and we will be very grateful for your feedback!  Smiley
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 01:25:14 PM

Bitcoin Core is HD wallet. Check, please, Bitcoin Core version 0.13.0 release
I'm aware Bitcoin Core now supports HD wallets. Before this upgrade though, it used random addresses. My point is, your claim ("Static (non-HD) wallets stick to using a single address for all transactions") is incorrect.

As for "private key storage", it is our speciality due to the fact that a lot of easy-to-use mobile wallets are hosted.
Can you be more specific and give names of mobile wallets that store private keys on their server? As far as I know none of the mobile wallets I've ever used stores my private keys on their server.

We already answered about trust. I don’t want to be repetitive, but I believe that trust is a question of time and we will prove it to you.
I'd like that! But until that happens, I don't dare to install your wallet. It feels like being a guinea pig, and usually that ends badly.

Our intentions are clear and we want to make a product that still doesn't exist, that will let users have access to their funds from anywhere in the world, that will be easy, smoothly designed, mobile, and most importantly, will be secure!
All of this exists already, and those wallets have been around for years. You're making it sounds like this is unique for your software, while it's common practice. Even better: Bitcoin itself is designed to be all of these.
If you omit the obvious, what truely new USP do you have?

[/still sceptical]

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:09:03 AM

Adding on to LoyceV reply, I would like to know who are your developers? Your CEO and so forth. You want to show trustworthiness, bring your team in front of public. You are a newbie here, so your word means nothing. Your promise is basically worthless here on this forum that's what i am trying to say here. You are expecting people to put trust in you,so you should do the same, let people know who you guys are? From where do you operate? How many members are there on your team? and so on.

Lumi_Wallet

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:50:54 PM

Adding on to LoyceV reply, I would like to know who are your developers? Your CEO and so forth. You want to show trustworthiness, bring your team in front of public. You are a newbie here, so your word means nothing. Your promise is basically worthless here on this forum that's what i am trying to say here. You are expecting people to put trust in you,so you should do the same, let people know who you guys are? From where do you operate? How many members are there on your team? and so on.

Hi, it's been a long time and we're really sorry to have lost connection w/the public on Bitcointalk.

We have decided to create an official account (this account) on Bitcointalk, if you doubt this account is legit, check out our official Telegram channel, it has the link to the user: @lumi_wallet

We have a bunch of updates, including a brand new wallet for collectibles (Lumi Collect https://lumiwallet.com/collect),
a multi-currency Android with many cool tokens added, and a client-side (!!!)  web beta which is soon to become open-source Smiley

https://lumiwallet.com/about-web-new

Regarding the CEO question: meet our beloved Diana
https://www.facebook.com/diana.furmannD , you may ask her any questions about the team and she might even answer if you're lucky enough:)

(I hope I don't get ostracized for posting to this more-than-120-day-old thread or anything written in this message)

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:28:07 PM

How to Get Your Atlant Wallet and What Else Can You Do with It in Lumi

We’ve already started talking about a huge impact that blockchain can have on real estate while describing the operational concept of smart contracts. Actually, a slightly different and very effective solution has already been offered by Atlant. It is a revolutionary global real estate platform enabling tokenization of real estate ownership and P2P rentals. Although we’ve said a few words about what they do earlier we want to review the key points of the project including some updates, and describe how to store, send and exchange Atlant tokens in Lumi. https://medium.com/lumiwallet/how-to-get-your-atlant-wallet-and-what-else-can-you-do-with-it-in-lumi-92d3995e9444
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: