Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:48:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.5GH ETH Man Mining Shed needs de-humidification - Please provide suggestions!  (Read 4768 times)
davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:27:56 AM

Take red plastic pieces off to increase airflow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeerMan81 (OP)

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:52:51 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 10:35:26 PM by BeerMan81

Nice setup! Could you please share more about the ventilation and cooling plan!

Sure: Here is the vision. Since the center of the shed is open (industrial steel grating), air goes where the fan exhausts it. So, first, need better fans to go exhaust the heat generated by s9s and L3+s, which in turn blows outside. Just like on the Eth rigs side, but less dense of course.

If we are happy with the fans, I will replace the fans in the Rig side of shed. See the ghetto pic:

Lots of new content coming soon! - https://www.youtube.com/BeerMan81
All-in-one dashboard to monitor coin prices, wallet balances, and your ming pools. Free!
https://mycryptostats.com/?ref=f1440f27
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:33:17 AM

what about insects crawling from underneath the ground?
what about when it rains?
it is pretty sick setup and everything looks great
laineux

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:56:16 AM

Nice garden's hut.
Thanks for sharing

But how do you protect it from thieves ?

You got approx 20k$ in it, which can be stolen in few minutes.

Perhaps you live in a nice country but in mine, even 10$ garden sculptures could be stolen !
BeerMan81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:44:27 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 10:37:30 PM by BeerMan81

This is a minor issue, but I have plans to put some screens underneath the grading to filter the air. Also, going to put some chicken wire or something around the border of the shed to prevent any critters from getting under there.

Rain is not an issue, we survived Hurricane Harvey just fine! However, I was a bit worried and dismantled the rigs on the bottom shelves as a precaution. That was stressful!

All-in-one dashboard to monitor coin prices, wallet balances, and your ming pools. Free!
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:16:42 PM

I didn't think the metal carport t hing would work with the small backyard.  Insulation and airflow will be the best solution.  If heat does become an issue you can always underclock your cards on hot days if need be.  Being vigilant is key.  Seriously though, nice job!

What you have in actuality is a giant computer case in your backyard.  The airflow through the floor grating is brilliant.  When time permits, you should set up a desk, chair and monitor and take a pic next to the world's biggest home (yard) computer.
Muskrat

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:50:57 PM

I am surprised the neighbors don't complain about the noise, or have they?
Don't give out the info where you live or brag to much about it.
I would also setup a security service on this.
Have you added this to your home owners policy yet? Say your running seti Wink
bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:09:33 AM

Wow, amazing work  Cool

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:16:06 AM

Awesome hut, what power supply line do you have feeding the shed ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:04:42 AM

This is a minor issue, but I have plans to put some screens underneath the grading to filter the air. Also, going to put some chicken wire or something around the border of the shed to prevent any critters from getting under there.

Rain is not an issue, we survived Hurricane Harvey just fine! However, I was a bit worried and dismantled the rigs on the bottom shelf as a precaution. That was stressful!

i will recommend you to check yun9999 thread of his garage farm
it is lovely and you can implement a few ideas in your farm too
link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1761303.0
BeerMan81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:22:10 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 02:56:40 AM by BeerMan81

Awesome hut, what power supply line do you have feeding the shed ?

This was the real issue! Previously, we had 100A service to the house. We wanted dedicated 400A service to the shed along with a new meter. However, the transformer in the neighbor's yard did not have enough connections. We went back and forth with Centerpoint Energy and the only thing we could get was as follows:

New underground 400A service from the Transformer to the house, terminated to a new 320A meter can (80% load). From there the load is split between the home (still 100A) and shed (225A). The cable that feeds the shed is the same size as the one feeding the house (capable of 400A) but the panel they installed is only rated for a certain size. I may have him come back out once I have some ASICs pulling more juice to see what other options we have.

Back of the shed.

The trench, which the signs of the digging have all but disappeared.

You may not be able to tell, but that is 20 inches down.

The ethernet conduit (2 runs of shielded gigabit).

The power distribution. The center panel is the original 100A panel.

The cable

BeerMan81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:31:13 PM

What you have in actuality is a giant computer case in your backyard.  The airflow through the floor grating is brilliant.  When time permits, you should set up a desk, chair and monitor and take a pic next to the world's biggest home (yard) computer.

Ha ha!  Grin

i will recommend you to check yun9999 thread of his garage farm
it is lovely and you can implement a few ideas in your farm too
link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1761303.0

I think I looked at every picture in his threads, I need to buy that man a beer one day as the inspiration for this project was largely due to his posts. We were debating on going with a rental space, but we figured that we would save money in the long term by building in my backyard. It was around 13k for the elec and trenching and 3k for the shed. At 1200/mo rent for a place nearby, the shed would pay for itself in a year (not to mention the tax incentives I have been pondering).

A rental space is likely in the future as we grow. The shed is a mere stepping stone!

I am surprised the neighbors don't complain about the noise, or have they?
Don't give out the info where you live or brag to much about it.
I would also setup a security service on this.
Have you added this to your home owners policy yet? Say your running seti Wink

Shed was HoA approved, and no complaints. I have been wondering about insurance, that is a great idea!

Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:40:30 PM

As an electritian based in Europe im always freaked and scared out of my mind about your electrical work when i see pictures. The 110v thing is just retarded.  Grin Huh Grin
BeerMan81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 02:50:38 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 01:42:43 AM by BeerMan81

The old man and I collaborated and came up a plan to keep the S9s and L3+s quiet. The first S9 arrived and is in the shed already, but not in a permanent location. Wow, i knew they were loud, but i did not expect to be able to hear them in the house. Angry I can't imagine what 15-16 will sound like.

Air will continue to be sucked from the underside of the shed. We are building an "AntMuffler" © in the unused half of the shed. What we have is an air inlet on the north side (right side in the drawing) of the shed near the electrical panel. There are 3 baffles on the intake of the fans and 3 on the discharge side. Each baffle will be made of 3/4" plywood with 2" of industrial soundproof foam. This should ensure that we can't hear the trains whistle. I don't want the neighbors to complain Shocked

The baffles are positioned such that it will be very difficult for sound to escape. Air will be discharged on the South side. The fans should be more than able to keep up with the 15 Antminers.  If not, we have room for a third. Smiley

First trip to home depot, a batch of 2x4s.

We cleared out all the stuff.

Some modifications to the grating need to be made. The design for quiet box is a little too wide and would need to be built on top of the grating. This would block some air flow and make the grating impossible to remove. I still want to be able to remove them if needed. A compromise was made. So we are cutting away three sections to install some 2x4 mounts.

Last pic for today. You can see the mounted elevated 2x4 which allows the grating to be slid in and out.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:17:01 AM

Congratulations sir. You are living the crypto life. Are you an engineer/architect and did you design the shed yourself? I don't understand anything written on them but those blueprints look sick.

To add to what was previously asked, doesn't rain get in through the fans? Or are the fans that strong it simply blows all the rain away?

Rain is not an issue, we survived Hurricane Harvey just fine! However, I was a bit worried and dismantled the rigs on the bottom shelves as a precaution. That was stressful!

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:42:00 AM

This makes me want to gut the building we have in my back yard we just put a new roof on and do this with less Miners because it's not as big an i may, i live in Maryland so the weather won't be like Texas in the summer, i lived  in Texas  for 2 years once, i have family near fort worth Texas, i could run it all 24/7 an not worry about noise any more in the house an one of my Neighbors told me he would help me remodel, if i do it .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BeerMan81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:52:06 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 04:08:14 AM by BeerMan81

Congratulations sir. You are living the crypto life. Are you an engineer/architect and did you design the shed yourself? I don't understand anything written on them but those blueprints look sick.

To add to what was previously asked, doesn't rain get in through the fans? Or are the fans that strong it simply blows all the rain away?

No water goes in the fans. Since they are constantly blowing out, 99.9% of the rain that might bead up is blown away. I am not an engineer, but that is the plan. I have been going to school for part-time for a couple years, and thanks to the crypto-life and the good ol' unemployment office, I am able to survive and attend classes full-time. My father has been a chemical engineer for over 40 years, and I used to work for an engineering firm for 9 years before getting laid off this past May. So, designing the process for the mining shed was a fun engineering challenge that we are accustomed to.

We designed the basic dimensions of the shed, but left it up to the builders to construct it. We planned for the box fans, and grating which is commonly used in oil refineries and offshore oil rigs etc., but left it up to the builders to construct it.

Those plans are mostly my Dad's scribbles, but are actually to scale!

Q_R_V

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

Inactivity: 8963

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:07:01 PM

I like how your shed is hidden behind this tree. Yup, almost entirely covered Cheesy
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:29:50 PM

Fascinating work at all. You r born to mine. Congrats.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:51:42 PM

Good work sir, very impressive indeed, but yun is still my fav Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: