Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase doesn't show my purchase as pending  (Read 208 times)
reaver11dy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:37:21 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I'm new to the message board. So Monday the 6th I purchased 500 USD worth of Bitcoin and it showed that the bitcoin was purchased and pending. That night I downloaded the app on my mobile to see how it worked. I decided to buy 100 USD of Bitcoin to test the waters. It showed that it went through initially but never showed up in my wallet as pending. I figured that maybe it was just the app and decided that I would only use my desktop from here on out. As of today the money has been pulled out of my bank account and I noticed that not only was the 500 out of my account but also another 100 transaction. I got excited to know that I did purchase the Bitcoin through my mobile app so I logged into my coinbase wallet to see the funds. Only problem is that only the 500 is shown still. Is my 100 USD lost in cyberspace somewhere? Is this just a glitch in the system and once the funds are processed will the bitcoin show up? Sorry for rambling on just trying to grasp this crypto world.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:32:01 PM

Sorry for rambling on just trying to grasp this crypto world.

Your question has nothing to do with Bitcoin or the "crypto world".  You have one or more accounts with a business named Coinbase.  Those accounts happen to be bitcoin accounts, but your questions are about how Coinbase is running their business, and not about how Bitcoin works.

It's a bit like if you:
  • Opened an account at a new bank
  • Transferred money from your old bank to the new one
  • The money didn't show up in the account at the new bank

And then you go to a forum and ask if your "100 USD lost in cyberspace somewhere? Is this just a glitch in the system and once the funds are processed will the USD show up? Sorry for rambling on just trying to grasp this USD world."  It would be a bank problem, not a USD problem, and you'd have to contact the bank to ask them what happened.

If you asked Coinbase to transfer money, and they took it out of your bank account but didn't credit your Coinbase account, then you should probably contact Coinbase and ask them what happened.

It is possible that one of the transactions is taking a bit longer than the other, and the it will come through if you wait a bit.  It is also possible that Coinbase made a mistake, and that it won't come through until you point it out to them.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:53:01 PM

There are some customers also having this problem i forgot where i read it.. but they experience of deducting to their debit cards or bank account even they are not buying bitcoins ..
But they already fix this issue i think before the fork they are having this issue..
Like the above said only support can solve your issue as of now..

You may try to contact them through social media Here is twitter support of coinbase https://twitter.com/coinbasesupport?lang=en
Here is facebook coinbase support https://www.facebook.com/CoinbaseSupport/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
reaver11dy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:23:40 AM

There are some customers also having this problem i forgot where i read it.. but they experience of deducting to their debit cards or bank account even they are not buying bitcoins ..
But they already fix this issue i think before the fork they are having this issue..
Like the above said only support can solve your issue as of now..

You may try to contact them through social media Here is twitter support of coinbase https://twitter.com/coinbasesupport?lang=en
Here is facebook coinbase support https://www.facebook.com/CoinbaseSupport/

Thanks for the friendly reply. I had contacted coinbase support right away after noticing just haven't gotten a response back. Was just seeing if anyone else has had this experience and if so what the outcome was?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: