Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lemon - defaulted loan  (Read 18614 times)
FaradayC

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:50:57 PM

Yup, seems like a scam to me... He owes me BTC for investing in his "company" too, he even agreed to pay me back, but then the bad salmon caused him to have a heart attack and he's too ill to click that pesky button...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

Yup, seems like a scam to me... He owes me BTC for investing in his "company" too, he even agreed to pay me back, but then the bad salmon caused him to have a heart attack and he's too ill to click that pesky button...
At least he's consistent. He told me bad salmon, food posioning and then a heart attack.

I guess its perhaps time for us to focus our energies on getting back our funds.

It seems, sadly, that Mr Lemon has not made right this mess.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:22:20 PM

LOL, i got the bad fish excuse as well!
BigBitz

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:20:31 PM

LOL, i got the bad fish excuse as well!
Recurring storylines ftw.

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Haven't heard from him since? Seems like you guys did?
Didn't he have a partner for Crypto.PM? Is there still a chance that one isn't a scam?

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Rawted

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:35:07 PM

Such a shame, he seemed like a really sharp guy, and the effort he displayed into getting crypto.pm off the ground seemed really promising.
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 10:45:18 PM

People seem to think that my BTC is stored on my phone, which it is not. Food poisoning was caused by salmon, and independent of heart issues. The fact you are mocking severe health complications says a lot about your character, sadly.

You are welcome to take whatever steps you want to, though right now the only beneficial avenue would be to wave a magic wand to make me feel better. I am now out of the hospital - but am /not/ at home due to the fact being alone right now would be dangerous.

I have had 2 people ask for my recovery location, but I quite frankly find this creepy - and will not be responding to it. Following on from prior phone harassment (which I have asked to be looked in to) - you can see why I have zero intent to disclose.

crypto.pm will be going ahead - but likely without my involvement. My plan is to hand control of the framework and everything else to a willing third party following due dilligence. This is unless my health suddenly improves, which is unlikely.

In other news, how the hell do t-waves flip?

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
BigBitz

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:14:09 AM

T-Wave inversion can suggest multiple issues although it depends on which lead.

I think if we had a magic wand we would wave it. You'll see the people owed funds are quite sympathetic however you, of all people, must realise what a motivator owed funds can be.

I, for the record, wish you no harm, however, I do want mt BTC or GBP back and I would imagine this is the opinion of all parties involved.

What do you think their due diligence will suggest when they find any donations/funding to previous ventures went straight to satoshi dice, though?

Or should that be considered a personal avenue and not one appropirate for full disclosure under due diligence?

Rawted

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:16:52 PM

People seem to think that my BTC is stored on my phone, which it is not. Food poisoning was caused by salmon, and independent of heart issues. The fact you are mocking severe health complications says a lot about your character, sadly.

You are welcome to take whatever steps you want to, though right now the only beneficial avenue would be to wave a magic wand to make me feel better. I am now out of the hospital - but am /not/ at home due to the fact being alone right now would be dangerous.

I have had 2 people ask for my recovery location, but I quite frankly find this creepy - and will not be responding to it. Following on from prior phone harassment (which I have asked to be looked in to) - you can see why I have zero intent to disclose.

crypto.pm will be going ahead - but likely without my involvement. My plan is to hand control of the framework and everything else to a willing third party following due dilligence. This is unless my health suddenly improves, which is unlikely.

All this type, full of accusations and 'woe is me', and not one single shred of effort to explain or even hint at when you might make things better again. This is why people make humor of things, as it saves them from really speaking their minds in a malicious manner.

Let's see if your next post is any different.
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:50:03 PM

All this type, full of accusations and 'woe is me', and not one single shred of effort to explain or even hint at when you might make things better again. This is why people make humor of things, as it saves them from really speaking their minds in a malicious manner.

It is hard to give a timescale when I have no way of predicting the future of my health, there's a better than even chance that I will end up back in hospital within the next day or two.

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
BigBitz

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:52:08 PM

It is hard to give a timescale when I have no way of predicting the future of my health, there's a better than even chance that I will end up back in hospital within the next day or two.
Whereas we seem to be succumbing to a less than nil chance of getting any of our monies back.

Satoshi Dice, anyone?

Rawted

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:08:29 PM

Then suck it up, have someone drive you to your house, and spend the 2 minutes it takes to send out people's btc? You seem to be finding every reason not to. If you know you may end up in the hospital again in 2 days, why not make things right today?

For a worldwide martial arts champion/lawyer/gaming industry tycoon, you sure do lack commitment and common sense.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:10:12 PM

Then suck it up, have someone drive you to your house, and spend the 2 minutes it takes to send out people's btc? You seem to be finding every reason not to. If you know you may end up in the hospital again in 2 days, why not make things right today?

For a worldwide martial arts champion/lawyer/gaming industry tycoon, you sure do lack commitment and common sense.

That makes too much sense.  It's clear he is just going to string you guys along and then he will probably make a new account that posts up a fake obituary claiming that he is dead.

btcfaucet

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:50:17 PM

I can't help but notice that he didn't even touch the subject of investments going to Satoshi Dice, as it was found out some weeks ago when the investors revealed the deposit address(es).

For anyone who missed out on the fun while it lasted (on IRC), here's the summary.

Quote from: Lemon

<+Lemon> I was born in the US, moved away over 2 decades ago.
< Lemon> I grew up in Japan.
< Orbixx> Lemon: You grew up in Japan huh?
< Lemon> 2 years in Tokyo, 6 in Kyoto.
<+Lemon> Japan, then the UK!
< Lemon> No, I have a Japanese sports car.

<+Lemon> 39% return on my automated trading algorithm thus far. Muahahahaha.
< Lemon> FATTY is turning over a solid 1% per hour now, was at 39% profit after 36 hours.
< Lemon> 1% per hour thus far.
<+Lemon> a5m0, I'm setting FATTY loose to see if it can build up a pre-launch reserve.
< Lemon> I want to feed FATTY a good 100BTC.
< Lemon> Feed it in to the "FATTY".
< Lemon> It all goes in to FATTY anyway.
< Lemon> iwilcox, join FATTY when it's ready.
< Lemon> FATTY had a good run.

< Lemon> I'm a lawyer by original trade :-).
< Lemon> (I'm platform architect and the law guru).
< Lemon> I'm an accredited lawyer.
< Lemon> Free, I'm a friendly lawyer. :-)
< Lemon> As an idea, I generally charge a good £6k per month minimum.
< Lemon> I was the good kind of lawyer.
< Lemon> We lawyers are all evil after all.
<+Lemon> I'm the worst (qualified) lawyer in the world.
< Lemon> coingenuity, I'm the worst lawyer in the world.
< Lemon> Graduated Oxford Law many a year ago.
< Lemon> As your lawyer.
< Lemon> I can do the whole scary lawyer thing.
<+Lemon> And my super lawyer sense is telling me this.
<+Lemon> As a lawyer, I was taught not to believe in coincidences.
< Lemon> I'm his lawyer, I'll recommend it to him.
< Lemon> I STILL AM A LAWYER
<+Lemon> My background is law.
<+Lemon> Part of my original speciality in law was dealing with people with depression, anxiety and a wide range of mental health issues.
<+Lemon> We say lawyer, solicitor or barrister. As I am no longer giving representation in court and provide advisory services - a "lawyer" is what I am referred to as.
< Lemon> Source: I'm a fucking lawyer.
< Lemon> coingenuity, I'm actually a lawyer.
< Lemon> zveda, I'm a lawyer by trade.
< Lemon> designdream, I'm a lawyer. Somebody requested me to.
< Lemon> blognewb, I'm a lawyer - stalking people is something I'm good at.
<+Lemon> Half16, drop me a PM. As a lawyer, I can help you confirm - you don't want to mistakenly post the wrong information.
< Lemon> Azelphur, my background is law - let me know if you want any advice. I've dealt with shitty landlords and HMRC far too many times for my liking.
< Lemon> phantomcircuit, I can tell you from several years of law school, experience, and working in the financial industry.
<+Lemon> scrybe, I'm a lawyer - that means you can trust me. Give me all your Bitcoins.
< Lemon> Yes, the lawyer who has offered to meet each and every investor in person is totally a scammer.

< Lemon> You should have just invested in mine.
< Lemon> Investment itself is a gamble.
< Lemon> All investors are gamblers at heart.
< Lemon> But as per any investment, always assume risk.
< Lemon> Companies in the UK, certain parts of Europe - generally safer investments.
<+Lemon> I do tech/investment crap now.
<+Lemon> Aside from that, I invest in tech and start-up crap.
<+Lemon> Lawyer by qualification, tech/invest crap by practice.
<+Lemon> Lawyer who ended up in tech/investments.
< Lemon> I went from law in to tech/investments.
<+Lemon> I'm an investor.
<+Lemon> Dabble, I'm a tech investor now.
< Lemon> Technologov, FIAT investment comes directly from me - and I've got plenty to burn.
<+Lemon> Had an interesting suggestion in regards to investing directly in to the exchange via BTC in order to offset costs. Not sure if it's worth pursuing though, hrmm.
<+Lemon> Want to turn 1 BTC in to a predicted $14,000 within a year? Take a look at the following page of pure sexiness. -- https://crypto.pm/invest
< Lemon> But we're looking at a public share based investment for 40% of what we need.
< Lemon> iwilcox, I was approached by a chinese investor.
< Lemon> bitnumus, potential investors are more than welcome to meet with the team in person.
< Lemon> dabble, we have a considerable amount of investment - this is not my first start-up by a long shot.
< Lemon> mythan, https://crypto.pm/invest
< Lemon> a5m0, https://crypto.pm/invest
< Lemon> csc`, we're offering up 40% of the crypto.pm profits to the general public to test public BTC investment amongst other things. :-)

< Dabble> Lemon, I thought you had the money/backers already Cheesy
< Lemon> If it doesn't work, we have money.

< Lemon> Selling up to 800 BTC at current market rate. Highly trusted buyers only.
< CaptainBlaze> hey lemon, why the 800btc sell? Thought you had it all tied up in cold storage/long term hold?
< Lemon> That's just some of it.

<@Lemon> If as a result of these changed profit projection you would like to retract your investment, please let me know. We thought we would give you the chance since this calculation issue rests entirely with us. I can only apologize for any confusion caused. If you would like to continue with your investment, please let me know - and Crytography LTD will send out your dividend agreement later today.

< Lemon> Selling 3 of the last 17 nuPlay Arcturus Prototypes ( https://nuplay.co/ ) at 2 BTC per device. Retails for £149.99 normally, shipping included.
< Lemon> Drop an email to sales@nuplay.co and Ellie will send you one however.
< Lemon> Selling 10 x nuPlay Arcturus prototype devices ( https://nuplay.co/store/prototype ) for 10 BTC total, retail value of £149.99 each (£1,499.99 total) - these are the last devices available on the market. You can either have the devices shipped to you, or have us sell them on your behalf at full price on the site.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:41:25 AM

I have no dog in this battle. But if he is in hospital it does get VERY expensive.  BUT they dont make you pay it then.  It goes as a debt owed to them (assuming your insurance does not cover).  Is reason he cant pay lost wages due to being in hospital or hospital expense?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:11:12 AM

I have no dog in this battle. But if he is in hospital it does get VERY expensive.  BUT they dont make you pay it then.  It goes as a debt owed to them (assuming your insurance does not cover).  Is reason he cant pay lost wages due to being in hospital or hospital expense?
Is that the case in the UK? Because in Australia, you do not get hit with a hospital bill.
BigBitz

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:55:28 AM

Lemon lives in UK.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:22:44 PM

pretty sure that NHS would cover that... so it should be free.. would love to hear his excuses though.

He might as well just be saying "I don't feel like paying you back now"
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 07:00:29 PM

You don't get hospital bills in the UK unless you use private healthcare. He probably uses the NHS.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Kruniac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:54:16 AM

I would like to suggest anyone involved to take it easy, those stalking calls are indeed very creepy and unnecessary.

Poor guy. Has a "heart attack" and people stalk him. That's messed up.

BTW Lemon - I have an amazing investment opportunity, if you're interested. You seem to have a few spare BTC laying around.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: