Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will people ever get their investment back on USB Erupter ?  (Read 1886 times)
lazydna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:21:19 AM

USB erupter will never make ROI at this rate and escalating rate.
unless it's a novelty item, i'd try and sell at a loss and move on.

Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:55:12 AM

While I won't speculate either way on whether or not these are a good buy, pointing to the likely (much) higher future difficulty is only half of the equation.

A lot of people have already made an absolute killing on bitcoin by mining when others told them they were stupid because it wasn't profitable. A few years ago, when bitcoins cost a couple pennies each, people would run the same numbers and call those that chose to mine incapable of doing basic math.

Don't forget that a lot of people are mining today based on their own assumptions about the future price of cryptocurrency. Sure, the math doesn't look great based on ~$100 per BTC, but what is you assume bitcoin goes mainstream and hits $1000/BTC in a few years? There will only ever be 21 million coins, and it bitcoin becomes say, the internet currency of choice, then $1000 per BTC is quite a low estimate.
Those bad at math will still feel like having done a great deal then xD
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 04:58:03 AM

well... i believe it can be used forever... unless it breaks down...

the positive part is that it consumes very little electricity...

btw... r u from sactown? coz i am too.. Tongue

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:42:48 AM

While I won't speculate either way on whether or not these are a good buy, pointing to the likely (much) higher future difficulty is only half of the equation.

A lot of people have already made an absolute killing on bitcoin by mining when others told them they were stupid because it wasn't profitable. A few years ago, when bitcoins cost a couple pennies each, people would run the same numbers and call those that chose to mine incapable of doing basic math.

Don't forget that a lot of people are mining today based on their own assumptions about the future price of cryptocurrency. Sure, the math doesn't look great based on ~$100 per BTC, but what is you assume bitcoin goes mainstream and hits $1000/BTC in a few years? There will only ever be 21 million coins, and it bitcoin becomes say, the internet currency of choice, then $1000 per BTC is quite a low estimate.

that would be fine if the usb miners were purchased in dollars
it would be wrong anyway, since it would have been a better investiment to just buy BTC with those dollars.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: