Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When Did Bitcointalk Politics & Society Become Philosophy & Off-Topic?  (Read 283 times)
Justin Biebers (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:00:52 PM

Philosophy & Off-Topic instead of Politics & Society? This section needs some serious heavyweight moderation. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:16:39 PM

Not really the off topic sections deals with a lot of weird and one word answer type questions whereas here you have a delicate mix of philosophy as well as discussion about society. Yes some of these topics function as off topics but also apply to politics & society whereas the topics in off topic literally only apply to off topic. I think it is good how the status quo is.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:27:13 PM

Philosophy & Off-Topic instead of Politics & Society? This section needs some serious heavyweight moderation. What do you think?

I think its the place where a lot of newbs go to boost their post counts. I introduced a topic on Plato's five regimes but it got 0 reply's with over a 100 views. So I suppose its a bit to heavy for a lot of people. Politics & Society is mostly chewed out topics and philosophical debates. Sometimes something interesting gets posted but most of the times its just spam threads.

merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:45:59 PM

I think its the place where a lot of newbs go to boost their post counts. I introduced a topic on Plato's five regimes but it got 0 reply's with over a 100 views. So I suppose its a bit to heavy for a lot of people. Politics & Society is mostly chewed out topics and philosophical debates. Sometimes something interesting gets posted but most of the times its just spam threads.

Hah, LOL true. I think I've seen that post of your's and didn't read much of it coz it was quite long. As for me, I post current event topics here (like the Islamist siege that happened in my country) since I think that fits in the "Politics" side of this board.

But yeah, the interesting topics are either few and far apart or sink down to the bottom of the list, forever waiting to be bumped up.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:55:27 PM

It may look complex but once you understand the goalit's easy: permit bill clinton and other high rollers to continue raping immpunitly.

Here the goal is a mix of bots and trolls to always clean the first page on this topics from all critical posts. It's easy to see just check the latest posts.

Hah, LOL true. I think I've seen that post of your's and didn't read much of it coz it was quite long. As for me, I post current event topics here (like the Islamist siege that happened in my country) since I think that fits in the "Politics" side of this board.

But yeah, the interesting topics are either few and far apart or sink down to the bottom of the list, forever waiting to be bumped up.

Remember those doing it know about the lolita express... they have the flight paths... they are certainly afraid to speak out or hope to be one the next flights...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:38:34 PM

Philosophy has to do both with Politics and Society, but I agree that Offtopic doesn't, and some threads are actually quite off-topic here.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 10:53:10 PM

I see nothing wrong to have Philodophy threads in Politics & Society boards. But honestly, I think that Politics & Society should be part of Off-Topic board. Why? Because it's Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency forum and there aren't many discussions related to Bitcoin on this board.
And I see lack of moderation in this board. Spam megathreads aren't locked, and this is great place to increase post count. And I rarely see that threads would be moved to off-topic, trashcan or get locked.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:44:58 AM

I see nothing wrong to have Philodophy threads in Politics & Society boards. But honestly, I think that Politics & Society should be part of Off-Topic board. Why? Because it's Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency forum and there aren't many discussions related to Bitcoin on this board.
And I see lack of moderation in this board. Spam megathreads aren't locked, and this is great place to increase post count. And I rarely see that threads would be moved to off-topic, trashcan or get locked.

No it is not called philosophy.
99% of this subs posts are called "shitposts".

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:27:00 AM

No it is not called philosophy.
99% of this subs posts are called "shitposts".

Sadly 99.99% of mine are, 100% sarcastical, 100% intended as joke even if most failed, since when humor must be collective?

From the weath the weed...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:34:54 PM

There is a lot of junk here, but also some kind of interesting topics and questions if you can be bothered to sift though them that is Wink

:]
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:25:01 PM

These boards should be moderated or just removed altogether. The only posts I see here are account farmers creating post then posting in those same posts. Just nonsense, one word replies etc.

I liked the politics and society thread when I first started here in 2013. But now its just full of the same crap as off topic.
Sneginka111

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:13:28 PM

My thought exactly when I saw the threads here for the first time. Lol.

It seems like the board is not really moderated.

These boards should be moderated or just removed altogether. The only posts I see here are account farmers creating post then posting in those same posts. Just nonsense, one word replies etc.

So much this. Why don't they remove the rank system altogether? It's of no use, it only promotes spamming and post farming. It's no good.
salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:28:08 PM

Aren't we talking about politics AND society? Seems to me people are spot on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: