Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:04:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Copy Paste Articles ?  (Read 247 times)
CoolWave (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:04:07 PM

I was working on the list and this is what I found :

http://startupmanagement.org/2017/03/13/the-ultimate-list-of-ico-resources-18-websites-that-track-initial-cryptocurrency-offerings/

https://www.coindesk.com/the-ultimate-list-of-resources-for-researching-and-launching-icos/

Look at these articles . Don't they look copy paste ? Damn !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrific

Activity: 2114
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:38:27 PM

Yes it's crystal clear that the article made by coindesk was copy pasted from startupmanagement.org but have you read the whole article made by coindesk? The last part says this
This article was previously published on Startup Management  and has been republished here with permission.
So they asked permission of William Mougayar/Startup Management to republish his article to coindesk.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

CoolWave (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:58:15 PM

Yes it's crystal clear that the article made by coindesk was copy pasted from startupmanagement.org but have you read the whole article made by coindesk? The last part says this
This article was previously published on Startup Management  and has been republished here with permission.
So they asked permission of William Mougayar/Startup Management to republish his article to coindesk.

But when it is just copy pasted , no matter from whom they take permission , it gets uglier . They should have edited it at least . They just copy pasted it . For instance, when a movie is copied , they have some editing .
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:20:54 PM

Lol, it is not on your bussiness, it is very annoying, but yes, nobody read those ugly articles because they are not apporting anything to the community, i mean, everything that we want to read, is on this forum, so we dont need those kind of information because we have all that in here, just in one click.
But yes, those guys who do copypaste should be punished from Google, or at least not to be payed by adsense or whatever they are using to get paid for the ads, it is very annoying to realize that they are doing copypaste from other people.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:06:21 PM

Google is fast in punishing double content. So the "second" article will not be ranked, besides the site has worthful content on other pages or worthful media elements.
xusxuquade

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:42:31 AM

i think copy paste with source link is no problem, ussualy much blogger copy paste article another site with source link
if only copy paste artilce without follow bounty campaign is not problem, but if follow campagn you can report to campaign manager
but site us  bad and down trust if article copy paste

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:12:25 AM

I don't see any sort of problem with this.

In the author column they actually state clearly that this was written by the guy who original wrote it. They also once more acknowledge that they got permission from the author to republish this and i'm sure they probably came to an agreement financially about the rewards of this post.

No harm done here, both parties are in agreement.

Smiley
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:36:28 PM

i think copy paste with source link is no problem, ussualy much blogger copy paste article another site with source link
if only copy paste artilce without follow bounty campaign is not problem, but if follow campagn you can report to campaign manager
but site us  bad and down trust if article copy paste

In some countries (or almost all?) you can get even trouble, if you quote correctly with source (think on google news snippets in Europe/Germany). If both sites agree, it is ok, if not, it can get very expensive. Independent fron this, it doesn't help for search ranking.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:07:50 PM

Bitcointalk is on second place  Cheesy

But when it is just copy pasted , no matter from whom they take permission , it gets uglier . They should have edited it at least . They just copy pasted it . For instance, when a movie is copied , they have some editing .
Have you read article?
It is list of ICO resources.
With or without editing it list should be the same and it would not make any sense to edit list. They have permission, end of story.
Look at these articles . Don't they look copy paste ? Damn !
I don't know why is so important to create new topic to ask is republished article with permission of author copy and paste. Answer is obvious  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: