Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x is dead, long live Bitcoin  (Read 4468 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cointribute

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:38:34 PM

I wonder what is going to happen to the Bitcoin's price when the Chinese people wake up?
We need to wait a few more hours if I'm not mistaken?

They will dump BTC as there is no free B2X money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtrusion

Activity: 513
Merit: 150

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:42:07 PM

Dont know why so much bully comments for btc?

When i understand right, btc will drop, as a lot of guys hoped for getting a new coin for free for making huge profits, now a lot of money should get into alts like the past few hours? this trend will stay, when chinese wake up, they will flood alts too i think so? and mistake on my thoughts? I think there is some money which will be switched into fiat, a lot of money for alts and big (short time) losses, before the so called "big fishes" will buy btc the next few month
smartJEV

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HODL

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:43:21 PM

I wonder what is going to happen to the Bitcoin's price when the Chinese people wake up?
We need to wait a few more hours if I'm not mistaken?

They will dump BTC as there is no free B2X money.

stop those fake news, you will not have any effect on price. I understand that it is hard to see how the price is going down Smiley
smartJEV

HODL

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:46:20 PM

When i understand right, btc will drop, as a lot of guys hoped for getting a new coin for free for making huge profits, now a lot of money should get into alts like the past few hours? this trend will stay, when chinese wake up, they will flood alts too i think so? and mistake on my thoughts? I think there is some money which will be switched into fiat, a lot of money for alts and big (short time) losses, before the so called "big fishes" will buy btc the next few month

You are completely right, those people who says "to the moon" "10k by today", or somebody dont get B2X because they are chinese, doing this, just because they try to effect a price and fishes to think so. Most of them are still on BTC and dont want to lose their money..
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:50:28 PM

Yeah it's weird, people don't like it when you talk down their favourite coin, but they could just buy alts too, nothing's stopping them.

Obviously BTC will drop some and big alts will surge, a child could see it coming.

strohhirn

Activity: 145

★ WORLDCORE ★

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:51:06 PM

Wow, this news is somehow expected but I did not expect it to happen already.
However I am really glad that there was no split. Less confusion for newbies and no more fight in the community.
If you look at the marketcap it is rising over all, so there is not really money going from BTC to alts, there is new money coming in.
It is a really exiting moment, I hope there will be peace now for a while around BTC.
rohitm

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:51:55 PM

Hopefully it should now stabilize and consolidate for a bit. That'll help in gaining momentum for the next bull run!

rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:55:48 PM

Hopefully it should now stabilize and consolidate for a bit. That'll help in gaining momentum for the next bull run!

When the asian markets wake up and hear the news we will know the truth. I'm hoping for a run up but fate pointing down, down, down
probitcrypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:58:19 PM

It was a huge news .
but still there are lots of confusion in the market.
Some people are saying it will still happen on that date without support.
lots of exchanges still have open future market of it.
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:58:48 PM

consolidation and peace are comming!!!!! uuufffffffffff, for a newbie, this is hard core...  Grin

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:01:33 PM

It was a huge news .

Not really confusion, just retards who bought the pre-launch (lol who does that?) and are now lying their ass off so they can dump it to even bigger 'tards.

smartJEV

HODL

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:09:14 PM

It was a huge news .

Not really confusion, just retards who bought the pre-launch (lol who does that?) and are now lying their ass off so they can dump it to even bigger 'tards.

Haha, you probably dont even imagine how many of them. Just go throw the comments. Smiley
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:11:09 PM

Totaly normal, i dont even expect to brake down. Its just like in the past of his ascension
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:11:56 PM

Sounds right, alts were suffering because everybody were selling them to buy BTC for free forked coins. Now the status quo has changed, so there's no need to buy BTC in a hurry anymore. We will see on the alts if people were buyin BTC mainly for the airdrop (short term investment) or because of the technology (long term investment). I have no idea, so I'll sit back and wait for the dust to settle...
Iamabod

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:21:31 PM

At last, the battle as bn won... Time for altcoin to bum.. Cryto trading all the way
SyFyNow

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:23:10 PM

Could it be this 'suspension' is somehow connected to launching of Bitcoin futures by CME Group?
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:27:15 PM

These are some reasonable words and glad that they decided to keep the community together (although Segwit2x most likely would not have got too much support).

The market reaction is positive, Bitcoin jumped to an all time high before the money is transferred back to all the altcoins, which suffered in all these weeks, 5-50% increase in a few hours, time to invest.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Lauda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:41:11 PM

Stephen Pair trying to save face here: https://medium.com/@spair/segwit2x-should-be-canceled-b7399c767d34. I've updated the OP to mention this and will list the supporters of this attempted and failed takeover of Bitcoin. #NeverForget.

Long live anarchy.
Side note 1: Whoever thinks that alts have any value pre or post this withdrawal is delusional. You're playing right in their hands while they leech profits from you. Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:42:52 PM

Yeah it's weird, people don't like it when you talk down their favourite coin, but they could just buy alts too, nothing's stopping them.

Obviously BTC will drop some and big alts will surge, a child could see it coming.

Just wondering how much money will be switched into fiat and how much the gains from good old alts like eth, dash, and so on will be.. any case thinking about trading bulling alts / bearing btc

Well Dash, Litecoin and Monero were less than half their recent prices, for two reasons:

1) They were dipping anyway.

2) Money left alts to get 2 possible Bitcoin fork coins.

I would expect Dash to be around 0.08-0.09 within 3-6 weeks, Monero 0.03, LTC to be 0.016-0.018. Eth is tricky because of problems and infinite supply.

This is all guesswork but an educated guess. No-one knows the future but I do trade for living, so make of this what you will.

I wouldn't trade BTC for fiat, I'd trade it for alts, BTC will take a correction but it will come back strong. Just increase your BTC amount by buying alts then trading back to btc later.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:46:09 PM

- XT
- Classic
- Unlimited
- S2X

Who next?

Honestly, it's a bit disappointing that none of these actually got to the point of a miner-backed attack, since they would've lost, and that would've once-and-for-all put an end to the "miners control Bitcoin" narrative. Oh well.

A lot of companies showed their true colors here. Some stuck their necks out in the right direction and deserve recognition. And some were clearly working against Bitcoin, to varying degrees. We should make a comprehensive list at some point.

To everyone who helped fight against S2X in any way: thank you for defending Bitcoin! While I have little doubt that these companies will try something again, I think that the community is progressively getting "immunized" to these attacks, and the attackers need more and more resources to put up the same fight. Hopefully this one will be the last really dangerous one for a while. We must always remain vigilant, however.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: